The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

How to drive social media traffic to your blog?

johnywalker

Credits
There is a lot of benefits of social media sharing. The most obvious one is generating quality traffic. Just by sharing on social media does not give you traffic, you need to implement certain tactics in order to drive traffic from social media sites.
First of all, you need accounts on various social media sites. Not just on the popular ones like facebook and twitter, but lesser known social media sites like Digg, Delicious etc.
Once you create account, you have to focus on building followers. You need a large fan following.
Thirdly, you need to share your contents frequently and respond to the engagements on your posts.
Fourthly, you need to use a teaser and high quality photos with your posts.
Share your thoughts.

chameli

Credits
SMO or social media optimization and SMM or social media marketing are two methods to drive social media traffic to your blog or website. SMO means having social media accounts for your site (having a facebook page, twitter account etc.) and driving social signals. SMM is posting on social media and getting people to check your post.

Kehsiba

Credits
Your main aim should be only on Organic Search your secondary aim can be Social Networking traffic. You can use Quora to get social media traffic. Post or Respond quality answers and include a link to your site. You should only that related pages and should not link homepage.
Keep doing this, you can see a tremendous amount of traffic soon.

Credits
Your main aim should be only on Organic Search your secondary aim can be Social Networking traffic. You can use Quora to get social media traffic. Post or Respond quality answers and include a link to your site. You should only that related pages and should not link homepage.
I agree, and the only exception is if you have a mass social media following, and if you don't, then I do not think the little bit of social traffic you are going to get will not make a big difference because you really do need a lot of social followers.

The bigger problem with social traffic is the fact they are so untargeted as you are getting traffic from all over the world, and you may not be selling products and services all over the world, and if this is the case, I would focus more on targeted traffic.

Kehsiba

Credits
While comparing it with social traffic, Organic traffic gives more conversions. This is because people are searching for something and if they get what they want, then it leads to a conversion.

Credits
I think the most used and popular means of getting organic traffic is sharing published post on social media and if properly done,it can bring one so much traffic.So it will be good to create account on all social media platforms and then interact consistently with your fan base.

Gabbar

Credits
I think the most used and popular means of getting organic traffic is sharing published post on social media and if properly done,it can bring one so much traffic.So it will be good to create account on all social media platforms and then interact consistently with your fan base.
Many try this method and it's one of the easiest and cheapest ways as well but the traffic cannot be guaranteed for a longer time and you need to update your blog daily to be able to earn from it.

Credits
If people are no longer visiting a blog then it should be of utmost concern to the blog's owner. There must be nothing he or she isn't doing right but if a blog is interesting and has valuable contents then I see no reason why sharing it on social media for organic traffic wouldn't be sustainable. Yes,a good blogger should update a blog at least twice a week.

johnywalker

Credits
You can sure share a link with quora answer and drive traffic. However, traffic from quora is not a social media traffic, it is rather classified as direct traffic. Social traffic is the traffic that comes from social media.

chameli

Credits
social traffic means the traffic coming from social media sites like facebook, twitter, linkedin, Google +, Pinterest, Reddit etc. Quora is not a social site, the traffic from the sites like Quora are labeled as direct traffic.

Gabbar

Credits
I think many even like to get traffic from Quora and most say that its a very reliable traffic and helps a website to get more views.

johnywalker

Credits
I think many even like to get traffic from Quora and most say that its a very reliable traffic and helps a website to get more views.
Quora can be you traffic source, however, quora is very restrictive about links shared with the post. They do not like promotional links. But then Quora is not a social site and the traffic from quora is not counted as social traffic.

kattech

Credits
Just asking, us social media traffic organic or referral? Its looks like the two confuses. I personally think that sharing is the key to gaining social traffic for as Kong as you have a followed base.

ahmedo24

Credits
Personally I see social media traffics as referral or inorganic because most people on social media are in their for different reasons or desires to achieve, but if it is organic traffics for sure it will be targeted to particular niche.

chameli

Credits
Just asking, us social media traffic organic or referral? Its looks like the two confuses. I personally think that sharing is the key to gaining social traffic for as Kong as you have a followed base.
Social media traffic is referral traffic. The traffic that originates from social networking sites, social bookmarking sites, and social apps is social media traffic. Organic traffic is search engine traffic.