The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more
Credits
Selling online has become one of the most popular ways to make money on the internet. Everyone knows that you can sell physical products to customers. It can cost a lot of money to pack and ship products to your customer. If you want to sell products online and you do not have the means to buy inventory or shop for products then you can simply sell a digital product called printables.

Printables are digital products that you make only one time, and you can then earn a passive income from the sales. There are many types of printables such as planners, calendars, resumes, invitations and quotes.

There is a learning curve to making printables that will sell.

How can you get started selling printables? It is easier than you think:

Use a Program to Design Products
The first step in making printables to sell online is to use a program such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Indesign. There are online tutorials that can teach you how to use these programs to make digital products.

The products that you can make with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Indesign are endless. You can use their stock photos or fonts to make unique products. If you are strapped for cash, and you want a cheaper alternative program, you can use Picmonkey or Canva. Both of these websites have stock photos, fonts, and graphics for free. Finding the right program is important so that you can make high-quality products.

Choose What You Want to Make
There are so many digital products to choose from, so it can be hard to make a decision. The best way to choose which digital products that you are going to sell is by searching on Etsy for the top digital products.

You can get an idea of what sells and what does not sell. Some digital products that you can make are planners, quotes, resumes, invitations, and stickers. You don't need to be an artist in order to make these products. There is a learning curve, but with practice, you can learn how to make trendy printables. Remember to choose a digital product that would be easy to make.

Create Goals
In order to have a successful Etsy store, you have to have goals. You have to decide if you want to make digital products as a side income, part-time, or if you want it to be a full-time business. Having a goal in mind will make your store more successful. It is best to figure out how many products you want to sell for a month, and how many printables you should make a day. When you create goals, you will be able to set up your store fast and earn a lot of money.

Learn SEO
SEO is important for search engine purposes, but you also need to know SEO for your Etsy shop. Search terms will be the main key to your success on Etsy. You have to think about the different keywords that buyers would use to find your product. The best way to find keywords for your products that will make you visible in the Etsy store and search engines is Etsyrank.com

Etsy Rank is a website that you can type in keywords and see which ones are used the most for your product, and using keywords that are used less often will most likely give you the attention that your shop needs to sell products.

Attractive Photos
Your goal for your Etsy shop is to sell your digital products. You need high-quality photos that will make the potential customer click on the product. Creating mock-ups is the best way to create a high-quality photo. You can use websites such as pixabay.com and pexel.com to find premade mock-ups and just add your picture to it.

It is also good to take more than one picture of your product so that the customer can see the products from different angles. Taking high-quality photos will improve the chances of your store being successful.

Having an Etsy store is a rewarding experience. Creating digital products is an easy way to make extra income or create a full-time business. Don't be discouraged if you don't make a lot of sales overnight. When you make high-quality digital downloads and have determination, your Etsy shop will be successful.

Please share your ETSY experience.

johnywalker

Credits
Well, I am not selling online yet, however, I am planning to start an online store and start selling. I am in learning phase and building funds for the store. I have heard of etsy, however, I have never checked the site. I have also heard of printables, however, I did not know what exactly are printables. I will have to explore more on these topics. Thanks for the great tutorial.

Gabbar

Credits
I'm not aware of what ETSY is and I think it's a store like Amazon or even Ebay but sadly it's not available in India and I would be glad to see it working in India as it will create more competition between other sellers and help us get the product at lowest possible prices.

Of course, we can make a search for a product on the website which is most popular and it can help us find the most popular product which we can try to work on and sell to make more money from it

arunima25

Credits
Etsy is available in India now and is picking up it's market. I came across Etsy India while I was googling about selling my craft and invitation cards etc. I did not explore it much beyond that. I am still in planning or rather planning phase to sell my cratfs. I amm exploring and reading a lot about that. I came across this Etsy India store while doing my search online. It is new to India.

Gabbar

Credits
Etsy is available in India now and is picking up it's market. I came across Etsy India while I was googling about selling my craft and invitation cards etc. I did not explore it much beyond that. I am still in planning or rather planning phase to sell my cratfs. I amm exploring and reading a lot about that. I came across this Etsy India store while doing my search online. It is new to India.
That's nice to know. I wasn't aware that they are working in India as well but we can expect all these giant organizations to start working in India. It's a good option for us as well. Thanks.

chameli

Credits
I am not into crafts, however, since some time I am thinking about starting a digital art business. Well, I am not a digital artist, however, I believe I can easily outsource digital art from photoshot artist or digital artist. I can resell these arts through the site like etsy. I am also thinking about selling calendars with theme based photographs.

overcast

Credits
Yes Etsy has affiliate program which allows you to sell the products of other sellers. And that can also make you money. Though it may not be high money. But it's better than nothing if you ask me.