The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

How to stop ads pop up?

Heatman

Credits
For over two weeks now, I have been experiencing a new issue with my phone especially when I'm either on my Facebook or Whatsapp. Ads keeps popping up once I open up either my Facebook or whatsapp and once I accidentally click the ad, the application will automatically download and install on my device.

I have done everything I can to help stop this new problem but still can't get it done. I need assistance because this one is practically over my knowledge.

Gabbar

Credits
Sorry to know about that but I have never experienced anything like that. I think adding an ad blocker may help you. Are you facing same issues while on Pc or Laptop as well?

Junrose123

Credits
I have never experienced such issues, maybe you can just try to uninstall the apps that causes the problem and install them again. You can also check the settings of your phone if it has an automatic updates or download or certain apps, maybe that is why it is happening.

Credits
Yes , you're not alone on this . Sometimes , when i'm listening to music with a music app , Ads usually pops up . It is an understatement to say it's annoying , because it is more than annoying , especially when listening to your favorite song whilst reading the lyrics too .

chameli

Credits
If you are connected to the internet ads are very common. You say pop up ads appear when you try to use facebook or whatsapp. This might be because of a program you recently installed. Check your recent installs and try to remember when the pop up ads began to appear. Delete the app that is causing problem.

a_jerobon

Credits
I have also had that experience and it really irritates when ads pop up. However, I have never experienced them in Facebook or WhatsApp. You should try installing an ad blocker in your phone, laptop or tablet, it will be of much help to do that.

Gabbar

Credits
There are different types of pop up blocker and ad block are available even in the the form of extensions and these are very helpful.

dya80

Credits
I think an ad blocker would be useful. But I think an ad blocker doesn't work for smartphones. I installed an ad blocker in my smartphone and I still have ads. It's useful for laptops or personal computers.

overcast

Credits
If you are on mobile you can use the Blokada. And in some cases you can use the adblockers for the laptop and the tablet. That is how it works out in many ways. I can tell you that pop up ads can be risky to use for webmasters. But they are just trying to survive. So one needs to use adblocker in that context.

kattech

Credits
For over two weeks now, I have been experiencing a new issue with my phone especially when I'm either on my Facebook or Whatsapp. Ads keeps popping up once I open up either my Facebook or whatsapp and once I accidentally click the ad, the application will automatically download and install on my device.

I have done everything I can to help stop this new problem but still can't get it done. I need assistance because this one is practically over my knowledge.
If you it started happening suddenly, chances are that you have installed a virus app on your mobile. I suggest you check out the most recent apps you installed and get rid if them. That happens mostly if you are using a Chinese made device. Am sure some advertising companies pay some app developers to add their ads which are triggered by launching some other apps.

Katriona_22

Credits
That was really annoying and I experienced the same also. One time I download an application for my son so that he can watch his nursery rhymes, there are lots of pop ads coming out and that leads me uninstalled the apps.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we can stop these annoying Pop up ads but clicking on the Lock in URL or a small icon in the right of the URL which is Uniform resource locator and these may stop but it also depends on how capable our Web browser is.

Jaspreet

Credits
I think we can stop these annoying Pop up ads but clicking on the Lock in URL or a small icon in the right of the URL which is Uniform resource locator and these may stop but it also depends on how capable our Web browser is.
Thanks, I will try to follow your suggestions whenever I feel problems with these pop ups. Are there any extensions which can stop these pop up ads or we need to do only what you suggested. I like to know more options to stop these ads.

overcast

Credits
I do support writers and the websites but some of the time adblocker is necessary. I turn off the adblocker on youtube and support them. But the pop up ads on some sites are definitely annoying. So it's always better to avoid them and use better means to block the ads.

chameli

Credits
I do support writers and the websites but some of the time adblocker is necessary. I turn off the adblocker on youtube and support them. But the pop up ads on some sites are definitely annoying. So it's always better to avoid them and use better means to block the ads.
Since I am a publisher and make money from ads, I do not block ads when I access sites because I do want other publishers earn from advertising. However, when there are too many ads especially pop up and pop under, I have no other options except to block ads.

Gabbar

Credits
Most of the times these pop-up ads are on the faucets and I think we cannot stop these and these faucets want us to allow these pop-ups and without these, we may not be able to earn anything from the faucet. I also like to know more ways to stop the pop-up ads.