The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 86 more

How to write a quality forum post.

Credits
What, and how much you write and have dramatic affect on our forum results that appear in google. You need to ask yourself why you are a member of this forum! Are you here to spam? Are you here to offer little to no value to our other members, if so, then we would prefer you find another forum, however, if you are here to enrich the lives of others with your in-depth knowledge of your niche, then you have come to the right place. Our members thirst for knowledge, and want as much as you can provide. It all starts with our forum members....

DO:

Create your thread title....
a good thread title is where the process starts. If your title starts with "hi" then this information is too vague, and offers no value from googles standpoint of providing quality content, however, if your title reads something like: "Best Lawyer In Chicago" then this would provide more value rather then starting off with your title being empty, and vague, which kills the value that google is looking for....

Create content that offers value...
When posting content that says "good job", this does not offer value for our members, and google will see the same. Google may also decide to not index certain pages if google feels that there is not enough content, and webmasters call this "thin content" If google feels that the content will not offer any value to surfers, then those pages will clearly not get indexed, and if they do, then will never get a good rank in google....

Stay on topic:
staying on topic is also important, If pages are relevant, on topic, then they will receive a higher ranking.

Dont:

Create useless, spammy titles, they will be deleted, along with your post.
Create content that does not provide value to our readers/visitors.
Create posts useless content that offers little to no value.
go off-topic thus changing the environment/atmosphere of our forum.

If you have any questions, then please ask them in DG Questions section of our forum. If your category does not exist, and you have a good relevant category idea that would fit into this forums niche, then you may recommend new categories in DG Suggestions....

You may also add your own feedback in this thread to help educate our forum members.

ps Want to improve/increase your writing skills? download this google chrome addon called Grammarly.

Yours Truly,
Digital Global℠

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24

Thanks for this wonderful advice. It would really help many people like myself, and I will surely remember this guide of yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21

It would be very helpful if all forum members understood what SEO is and how to provide relevant information. In my opinion, lots of people fail to adhere to rules because they do not understand why they have to follow them and how much it costs the forum when they choose to ignore them. It would be awesome if you made a piece that sheds a little more light into the meaning of SEO.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 27

Sometimes it's just laziness that makes some writers make a mess with the content they normally create and publish on forums. It's just like a simple composition where you must have a title of what you want to write about, then discuss it extensively in the body and then conclude it in the last paragraph. But some writers find that very difficult to do, which makes me wonder why they are even called writers in the first place.

D

Deleted member 21

Sometimes it's just laziness that makes some writers make a mess with the content they normally create and publish on forums. It's just like a simple composition where you must have a title of what you want to write about, then discuss it extensively in the body and then conclude it in the last paragraph. But some writers find that very difficult to do, which makes me wonder why they are even called writers in the first place.
This is the exact feeling I get when I see some people making posts that do not help the forum in any way, and laziness may be an issue but in the case of Digital Global, professionals in their own individual niches are best suited to shed light in said niches and help out serious business people and potential business people to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
Maybe that is the reason forums have been having a hard time over the last few years, as if social media platforms were not bad enough, maybe people are just getting tired of writing on forums, none-the-less, at the end of the day, you have to want to be part of the system if you expect the system to ever go anywhere, and that does take traffic/visitors, and it is unlikely may move to the next level without some type of support.

D

Deleted member 27

Maybe that is the reason forums have been having a hard time over the last few years, as if social media platforms were not bad enough, maybe people are just getting tired of writing on forums, none-the-less, at the end of the day, you have to want to be part of the system if you expect the system to ever go anywhere, and that does take traffic/visitors, and it is unlikely may move to the next level without some type of support.
It's true what you say about the effects of social media networks on forums recently, lots of people are abandoning forums for the use of social media and sometimes I wonder if it's because of having rules to follow when writing on forums or another thing? What could actually be the reason for this shift to social media?

Credits
It's true what you say about the effects of social media networks on forums recently, lots of people are abandoning forums for the use of social media and sometimes I wonder if it's because of having rules to follow when writing on forums or another thing? What could actually be the reason for this shift to social media?
I doubt it is over rules, even social media platforms have terms and conditions, however, most people do not read the rules until it is too late, and they are faced with their account being banned, and I would not say forums are totally dead, as I visit other forums from time to time just to look around, and I do see activity, and these forums are more niche based which tend to do better then non-niche based forums.

I have a better question for you. Are forums really dying because of social media or maybe forums are just more difficult to get off the ground, and to be honest, a forum can die for various reasons, not just because of social media which appears to be a blanket excuse for the death of forums, and it maybe somewhat easier to get a niche site off the ground then a niche forum, however, I do not think forums are dead just yet, and I still see people visiting forums and that is proof that forums are still alive to some degree, and so we will just keep pushing on until people start signing up, and they have to find out and have some level of interest in our "money making" niche before they will shell out committment and time on our forum.

D

Deleted member 21

I doubt it is over rules, even social media platforms have terms and conditions, however, most people do not read the rules until it is too late, and they are faced with their account being banned, and I would not say forums are totally dead, as I visit other forums from time to time just to look around, and I do see activity, and these forums are more niche based which tend to do better then non-niche based forums.

I have a better question for you. Are forums really dying because of social media or maybe forums are just more difficult to get off the ground, and to be honest, a forum can die for various reasons, not just because of social media which appears to be a blanket excuse for the death of forums, and it maybe somewhat easier to get a niche site off the ground then a niche forum, however, I do not think forums are dead just yet, and I still see people visiting forums and that is proof that forums are still alive to some degree, and so we will just keep pushing on until people start signing up, and they have to find out and have some level of interest in our "money making" niche before they will shell out committment and time on our forum.
I don't think forums are dying per se, it is just as you have mentioned; getting them off the ground is the hardest part of running the forum. Many forum owners give up even before the forums have gained any meaningful traffic, and this actually affects not only them, but also the world, denying aspiring businesspeople useful information that is shared by posting. Some forums that die out are actually pretty good, and it's a pity to see them fall. Now, getting knowledgeable people with a genuine interest in niche-based forums to sign up and post is also very difficult. In the case of Digital Global, sourcing for qualified writers who are a positive addition to the forum is not easy too. The greatest advantage that we have as a forum is that even with the few active posters, the information that is shared here is very helpful and I, for one have not seen any spam here. I think once the online marketplace is complete, and members have started earning DG Coins, there will be a spike in traffic coming to the forum.

Heatman

Credits
What, and how much you write and have dramatic affect on our forum results that appear in google. You need to ask yourself why you are a member of this forum! Are you here to spam? Are you here to offer little to no value to our other members, if so, then we would prefer you find another forum, however, if you are here to enrich the lives of others with your in-depth knowledge of your niche, then you have come to the right place. Our members thirst for knowledge, and want as much as you can provide. It all starts with our forum members....

DO:

Create your thread title....
a good thread title is where the process starts. If your title starts with "hi" then this information is too vague, and offers no value from googles standpoint of providing quality content, however, if your title reads something like: "Best Lawyer In Chicago" then this would provide more value rather then starting off with your title being empty, and vague, which kills the value that google is looking for....

Create content that offers value...
When posting content that says "good job", this does not offer value for our members, and google will see the same. Google may also decide to not index certain pages if google feels that there is not enough content, and webmasters call this "thin content" If google feels that the content will not offer any value to surfers, then those pages will clearly not get indexed, and if they do, then will never get a good rank in google....

Stay on topic:
staying on topic is also important, If pages are relevant, on topic, then they will receive a higher ranking.

Dont:

If you have any questions, then please ask them in DG Questions section of our forum. If your category does not exist, and you have a good relevant category idea that would fit into this forums niche, then you may recommend new categories in DG Suggestions....

You may also add your own feedback in this thread to help educate our forum members.

ps Want to improve/increase your writing skills? download this google chrome addon called Grammarly.

Yours Truly,
Digital Global℠
Those are very good points on how to write a quality post for forums but I would like to chip in one other thing one should try as much as possible to observe when writing forum articles or contents.

This is called simplicity in writing. It's very important to try very hard to keep your writing simple because the more simple it is, the less mistakes you make which makes it easily understood by readers.

Credits
I don't think forums are dying per se, it is just as you have mentioned; getting them off the ground is the hardest part of running the forum. Many forum owners give up even before the forums have gained any meaningful traffic, and this actually affects not only them, but also the world, denying aspiring businesspeople useful information that is shared by posting. Some forums that die out are actually pretty good, and it's a pity to see them fall. Now, getting knowledgeable people with a genuine interest in niche-based forums to sign up and post is also very difficult. In the case of Digital Global, sourcing for qualified writers who are a positive addition to the forum is not easy too. The greatest advantage that we have as a forum is that even with the few active posters, the information that is shared here is very helpful and I, for one have not seen any spam here. I think once the online marketplace is complete, and members have started earning DG Coins, there will be a spike in traffic coming to the forum.
You have not seen any spam because this is not a free ride forum. If you want to be a loyal member of DG Forum, then you have to earn your way up the chain, spammers will not like this process because posts are moderated for the first 100 posts, and this is why you have not seen spam, however, I see lots of it on the backend because people signup trying to drop their backlink without contributing anything to the forum. We know that 100 posts seems like a lot, but if you really think about it, then it is not, and if you make 20-25 posts per day, then new members can be advanced to an established member within 4-5 days, and this is the price to pay in order to log in to a forum without seeing spam all over the forum. Our goal is to run a clean and friendly website that will be desired by all walks of life, and no matter who you are, and no matter where you live around the world.

Established and loyal members most likely will not spam the forum as it would serve them no benefits of being banned, and if anything, then they will lose any benefits or status they may have acquired over a period of time, and no one wants to climb the latter, then have to start over again if they have been caught spamming, cheating others, or some other guidelines that they may have violated on the forum, and or the site as a whole.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21

You have not seen any spam because this is not a free ride forum. If you want to be a loyal member of DG Forum, then you have to earn your way up the chain, spammers will not like this process because posts are moderated for the first 100 posts, and this is why you have not seen spam, however, I see lots of it on the backend because people signup trying to drop their backlink without contributing anything to the forum. We know that 100 posts seems like a lot, but if you really think about it, then it is not, and if you make 20-25 posts per day, then new members can be advanced to an established member within 4-5 days, and this is the price to pay in order to log in to a forum without seeing spam all over the forum. Our goal is to run a clean and friendly website that will be desired by all walks of life, and no matter who you are, and no matter where you live around the world.

Established and loyal members most likely will not spam the forum as it would serve them no benefits of being banned, and if anything, then they will lose any benefits or status they may have acquired over a period of time, and no one wants to climb the latter, then have to start over again if they have been caught spamming, cheating others, or some other guidelines that they may have violated on the forum, and or the site as a whole.
It's great that members have to earn their rank in the forum and I also think that the ban is a great motivator that keeps us in check. These anti-spam measures are awesome and will go a long way in keeping the forum alive, and generating SEO. However, making 20-25 posts per day in Digital Global forum is somewhat difficult. The posts themselves are easy to make, but helpful content, spread over 20 posts, that is the hard part. Somewhere along the way, a member may lack anything meaningful to write about, and post useless content or, in an effort to avoid getting banned, make 100% of his/her posts in non-business related sections of the forum. Personally, I find that making 10 good posts is enough and would rather keep making the same number of posts till I level up.

Credits
It's great that members have to earn their rank in the forum and I also think that the ban is a great motivator that keeps us in check. These anti-spam measures are awesome and will go a long way in keeping the forum alive, and generating SEO. However, making 20-25 posts per day in Digital Global forum is somewhat difficult. The posts themselves are easy to make, but helpful content, spread over 20 posts, that is the hard part. Somewhere along the way, a member may lack anything meaningful to write about, and post useless content or, in an effort to avoid getting banned, make 100% of his/her posts in non-business related sections of the forum. Personally, I find that making 10 good posts is enough and would rather keep making the same number of posts till I level up.
yes, creating 5-10-20 posts per day can be hard sometimes, and every now and then you have to take a break, then there are times when you are in the mood to make posts, as for members creating the wrong type of content, this is why there is a report option, as the forum gets busier, then I may not be able to keep up with who is posting what, then at this stage, we may decide to seek out loyal members that would like to be moderators, so it does take a little bit of effort in order to ensure that the forum maintains a certain quality, and it has to be done this way because if you let people go, then some will just go crazy, and for the most part, some may not care if the ruin a forum because they can not maintain a certain level of self-discipline.

Some people may not like these rules because they think they are entitled to something, and that is fine if they want to feel that way, however, once you get to know us, then you will find we are not so bad as long as you just chill, and follow similar guidelines most other forums may have, and if you feel you are not the type that can follow our guidelines, then feel free not to signup to our forum, and I am certain we will find loyal forum members in the future that want to be part of DG Forum and will want to be a part of what we will be offering in the future ie: DG Marketplace.

D

Deleted member 21

yes, creating 5-10-20 posts per day can be hard sometimes, and every now and then you have to take a break, then there are times when you are in the mood to make posts, as for members creating the wrong type of content, this is why there is a report option, as the forum gets busier, then I may not be able to keep up with who is posting what, then at this stage, we may decide to seek out loyal members that would like to be moderators, so it does take a little bit of effort in order to ensure that the forum maintains a certain quality, and it has to be done this way because if you let people go, then some will just go crazy, and for the most part, some may not care if the ruin a forum because they can not maintain a certain level of self-discipline.

Some people may not like these rules because they think they are entitled to something, and that is fine if they want to feel that way, however, once you get to know us, then you will find we are not so bad as long as you just chill, and follow similar guidelines most other forums may have, and if you feel you are not the type that can follow our guidelines, then feel free not to signup to our forum, and I am certain we will find loyal forum members in the future that want to be part of DG Forum and will want to be a part of what we will be offering in the future ie: DG Marketplace.
Members need to understand that just because you can make an unlimited number of posts per day, it does not mean that by making 20+ posts, you are helping the forum. It is better to observe a certain degree of quality posts and have less posts, than to have so many posts which only hurt the forum during the course of the SEO campaign. I think the forum would rather take more time to rank in Google, due to less posts, and rank well due to quality, than rank poorly due to meaningless posts. On that note, I think moderators would do a great job at keeping the forum clean and free of spam.

Credits
Members need to understand that just because you can make an unlimited number of posts per day, it does not mean that by making 20+ posts, you are helping the forum. It is better to observe a certain degree of quality posts and have less posts, than to have so many posts which only hurt the forum during the course of the SEO campaign. I think the forum would rather take more time to rank in Google, due to less posts, and rank well due to quality, than rank poorly due to meaningless posts. On that note, I think moderators would do a great job at keeping the forum clean and free of spam.
well said, some people may be inclined or motivated to post something that may not be useful just so they can boost their post count, and I have seen this done on other forums as some posts contain almost nothing, and Google does not find anything to offer any value, and Google will rank content that feels that should be ranked, and Google will decide what keywords to rank that should rank for that particular content, however, I am not even certain if the forum is even ranking for any particular keywords in the top 100 yet, however, keep in mind that DG is just starting SEO/Marketing on forum, and it will take time for SEO to have any real effect, then once something starts appearing on the map, then DG will be able to refocus his SEO efforts.

I will also give you an example of content that would not be useful. Lets say someone posted useful content, then someone responds with a thank-you, or said something like "I found this information valuable" They may have found the content useful, but their response does not deserve a reply, so, therefore, the person that made the comment did not provide anything useful in response to the original poster, however, if that person made a detailed response on exactly how the information was useful, and how it helped him in his life, then that would have proved to be a better response, and if you are so inclined to thank-someone, then send a private message to them, as the thank-you itself serves no seo value on the forum.

Meryemm

Credits
I think some members are just rushing through the process of writing to finish a post fast and start earning.
You have to put time and effort in order to create high-quality content that is worth the money and the time of the readers.
Thank you for your time, and I hope we'll get to spend some great time here. :)

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
I think some members are just rushing through the process of writing to finish a post fast and start earning.
You have to put time and effort in order to create high-quality content that is worth the money and the time of the readers.
Thank you for your time, and I hope we'll get to spend some great time here. :)
So true; Sorry to say, I can not argue with that.
:)

chameli

Credits
I have been posting on forums since 2015. I am on numerous forums including the forum wheel and postloop. I post replies only when I have knowledge on the topic, I post thread when I want an answer. I never post for the sake of posting and earning credits. I alwys try to make my post 3 lines. I think 3 lines are enough to have your say.

kattech

Credits
Dont:

This is the part I like. Many people create spammy titles with no value. I really hate that and If I had a Forum, I would as well delete them. Nice information for forum users and owners.

johnywalker

Credits
While writing forum posts you need to consider the following points:
Length: You should always write at least three lines and avoid one liners.
substance: your post should add value to the discussion, it should talk about the topic
language: your post should be well written