Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 115 more

How to Write Killer Content for Your Blog

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
When you are running a blog, one of the biggest things that you need to concentrate on is writing the best possible content for your readers. The following are some tips to help you write some top-notch content that will keep your readers coming back for more, and be sure to post often.

Don't Rush It

You need to take your time with your blog posts. Don't just throw up any old content just to have something on your blog. You want to post carefully crafted content that is going to engage, be helpful and even entertain your readers. So do not feel like you need to write something just to have something on your blog; It can take a good writer several hours to come up with a headline and draft the overall layout for his/her content.

Research is Important

Great content needs to be researched carefully. Never assume that you know everything about your particular niche. Great bloggers research because they know that they do not know everything and that is a big part of their success, and if you do want to succeed, then research your niche very carefully.

Grab Readers Attention with a Killer Headline

One of the most important parts of a blog post is the headline. You need to make sure that you take your time and come up with a headline that will grab a reader's attention so they just have to read your blog post. If you do not have a well thought out headline, you are going to lose readers quickly.

Provide a Solution

One thing that you can do to create killer content is to provide your readers with a solution. You want to give them something interesting to read that will help them solve an issue that they might be having. If you are able to do this your readership will grow quickly, and next, you will want to have a killer design. We highly recommend that you stay away from those cheap cookie cutter themes in a box, and if you want your brand to take off, then do not start your design off with a generic theme that will drive traffic away from your site, and you really do not want to drive your traffic away, right?

Keep all of these things in mind when you want to make sure you have great quality content on your blog and you will see big improvements.

Last edited:

NoviceNinja

Credits
Provide a Solution

One thing that you can do to create killer content is to provide your readers with a solution. You want to give them something interesting to read that will help them solve an issue that they might be having. If you are able to do this your readership will grow quickly, and next, you will want to have a killer design. We highly recommend that you stay away from those cheap cookie cutter themes in a box, and if you want your brand to take off, then do not start your design off with a generic theme that will drive traffic away from your site, and you really do not want to drive your traffic away, right?
This point is the most important of all since you don't want to write about something that only you can relate. Find a way to write about something that will serve your audience in general, like how-to blogs, or walkthroughs, etc. State the reason why it is better to be done that way as well. But when it comes to these types, I think video blogging is better since it happens in real-time and viewers can follow it through. If it is a written blog, make sure you provide pictures and images on it to be more helpful. All the best!

Credits
This point is the most important of all since you don't want to write about something that only you can relate. Find a way to write about something that will serve your audience in general, like how-to blogs, or walkthroughs, etc. State the reason why it is better to be done that way as well. But when it comes to these types, I think video blogging is better since it happens in real-time and viewers can follow it through. If it is a written blog, make sure you provide pictures and images on it to be more helpful. All the best!
I think video blogging/marketing is good to a certain point, however, Google and only read the description and title content of the video, and not the video itself, but Google can determine if your video is Google because your visitors will watch it over and over, or they won't look the video at all, and Google will measure everything off your site, on your site, coming to your site in order to determinate if visitors are finding your site useful, and I suspect old fashion quality content with a video is going to rule the day, as your content/video will sooner or later rank for numberious keywords.

Heatman

Credits
When you are running a blog, one of the biggest things that you need to concentrate on is writing the best possible content for your readers. The following are some tips to help you write some top-notch content that will keep your readers coming back for more, and be sure to post often.

Don't Rush It

You need to take your time with your blog posts. Don't just throw up any old content just to have something on your blog. You want to post carefully crafted content that is going to engage, be helpful and even entertain your readers. So do not feel like you need to write something just to have something on your blog; It can take a good writer several hours to come up with a headline and draft the overall layout for his/her content.

Research is Important

Great content needs to be researched carefully. Never assume that you know everything about your particular niche. Great bloggers research because they know that they do not know everything and that is a big part of their success, and if you do want to succeed, then research your niche very carefully.

Grab Readers Attention with a Killer Headline

One of the most important parts of a blog post is the headline. You need to make sure that you take your time and come up with a headline that will grab a reader's attention so they just have to read your blog post. If you do not have a well thought out headline, you are going to lose readers quickly.

Provide a Solution

Keep all of these things in mind when you want to make sure you have great quality content on your blog and you will see big improvements.
The point which I find very useful that is discussed in the article above is on "RESEARCH" on the subject matter which you want to write a content on. This research would offer you all the information needed to write an extensive content that is filled with facts and not speculations. Discussing facts gets your the attention of your readers and most likely convinces them quickly without much stress.

chameli

Credits
I have a parenting niche blog. I try to publish 2-3 blog posts every month. However, this month I have been able to publish only one blog post. I have a regular job and I was so busy with my work that I did not have time to write on my blog. The first requirement of writing a blog post is keyword usage. You have to use keywords in the title, subtitles, and the content body.

Heatman

Credits
I have a parenting niche blog. I try to publish 2-3 blog posts every month. However, this month I have been able to publish only one blog post. I have a regular job and I was so busy with my work that I did not have time to write on my blog. The first requirement of writing a blog post is keyword usage. You have to use keywords in the title, subtitles, and the content body.
Keyword is as good as the whole content. When you write a full content and fail to use keywords that will help to get such articles picked out easily by Google to help and rank it higher, it's obvious that you have made a huge mistake with the content. The title matters a lot because it's the first thing search engines picks up before getting into the body.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
The parenting niche is pretty big.
This is also a step step process.

Lets say you want to write about baby strollers:

First Step:

The Best Baby Stroller In 2018

So your keywords is "best baby stroller"

Place one keyword in the following:

• Title
  • First Subtitle
  • First paragraph (within the first 50 words)
  • Last paragraph

You should never over-use keywords, otherwise, your site could get a google penalty, not only this, if you over-use keywords, then this will give your visitors a bad experience, then they will leave, thus causing your site to have a high bounce rate.

Second step:

Now you need to find niche backlinks, why? Because you need backlinks which will cause your content to start ranking, and do not over use keywords when finding backlinks as google already knows by now what you want to rank for. When you use keywords in link building, then you need to use diversity keywords as this is exactly what google wants to see; Google does not want to see you use your money keywords over and over, as this could result in google penalty.

Besides content, there are other factors also that can help or kill your site, and this includes:

• Site design
  • quality content
  • price to high or low

If your site does not appeal or resonate with others, then this can cause harm, and if your content is not up par can also cause a negative impact also, and the only way to know for sure is to monitor google analytics, and see what your visitors are doing, and there is more to running a site, and hoping for the best, as it can be difficult for visitors to take action, after all, they do not really know who you are, they are just visiting your site among millions of other sites, and your site needs to be great. IMO, your price point can impact also, if your price is to high, then your visitors will leave, if your price is to low, then they are skeptical.

====

This high quality post that provided useful information was produced by:
@DigitalGlobal

chameli

Credits
I am a teacher by profession and blogger by hobby. I use English as a second language, therefore, at times I may be writing with grammar errors. However, when publishing I use language improvements tools so that my end products are good.
SEO is very important for the success of your blog/website; SEO also means using keywords, generating backlinks, and having a good site design and making your site fast. I appreciate your tips.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
I am a teacher by profession and blogger by hobby. I use English as a second language, therefore, at times I may be writing with grammar errors. However, when publishing I use language improvements tools so that my end products are good.
SEO is very important for the success of your blog/website; SEO also means using keywords, generating backlinks, and having a good site design and making your site fast. I appreciate your tips.
You are doing fine. Everyone may have grammar issues, as no one is perfect, however, when you run across content that can not be easily read or understood, then those posts need to be reported so we can look into those issues; There is nothing wrong with a mistake or two, but when you are not able to read or understand a post, then those posts are not really helpful or useful. Just keep doing what you are doing, and I think other members have a lot of room for improvement.

and this is to everyone:

Be Better...
Do Better...

johnywalker

Credits
I do not have a lot of experience with writing online. So far In have written and published only 6 articles. I have published 6 articles on a writing site. My articles are doing fairly well in terms of search engine traffic. In order to generate search engine traffic you need to remember a couple of things such as using primary and secondary keywords, building backlinks and social signals, writing good length article etc.

chameli

Credits
Keyword is as good as the whole content. When you write a full content and fail to use keywords that will help to get such articles picked out easily by Google to help and rank it higher, it's obvious that you have made a huge mistake with the content. The title matters a lot because it's the first thing search engines picks up before getting into the body.
when you are writing online content, you should be very careful about choosing the right keywords. You should choose keywords that get moderate traffic. You should build contents on the keywords that are not over saturated. Keywords is the key to writing online contents, however, generating backlinks is also very important for search engine ranking.

Heatman

Credits
when you are writing online content, you should be very careful about choosing the right keywords. You should choose keywords that get moderate traffic. You should build contents on the keywords that are not over saturated. Keywords is the key to writing online contents, however, generating backlinks is also very important for search engine ranking.
Exactly! When you make use of good combination of keywords, it's going to make the content easier to be picked up by Google and people looking for related articles online. Backlinks is good as well just like you suggested but it's better to make sure you use only high quality backlinks and not just any backlink. Quality is better than quantity when it comes to using backlinks.

Credits
Exactly! When you make use of good combination of keywords, it's going to make the content easier to be picked up by Google and people looking for related articles online. Backlinks is good as well just like you suggested but it's better to make sure you use only high quality backlinks and not just any backlink. Quality is better than quantity when it comes to using backlinks.
They all work hand in hand, for instance, quality content will keep visitors coming back for more, quality backlinks will ensure that you get a good ranking, in return, you get more visitors that visit your high-quality content, and if they do not come back for more, then Google takes this into account also, and this can increase the bounce rate on a site, and if you get a high bounce rate, then Google may decide that your site is not serving up high-quality content for your visitors, then your ranking will drop, and you may get away for a while, however, Google is keeping track of your site, and if it does not live up, then you are out. Google has been known to wipe out sites cheating the system, one day a money maker, the next day, nothing, zero, zip.

Heatman

Credits
They all work hand in hand, for instance, quality content will keep visitors coming back for more, quality backlinks will ensure that you get a good ranking, in return, you get more visitors that visit your high-quality content, and if they do not come back for more, then Google takes this into account also, and this can increase the bounce rate on a site, and if you get a high bounce rate, then Google may decide that your site is not serving up high-quality content for your visitors, then your ranking will drop, and you may get away for a while, however, Google is keeping track of your site, and if it does not live up, then you are out. Google has been known to wipe out sites cheating the system, one day a money maker, the next day, nothing, zero, zip.
There is no way of cheating Google without getting penalized on the long run. Using black hat tricks to achieve high ranking will only last for a while but once Google fishes your site out, it marks the end of reaping any profits. It's better to stick within the rules and take time to attain good ranking.