The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Impact movies have on society

Kei

Credits
Movies are great for entertainment and relaxation. Whether you are going to the cinema with friends or alone on the couch, it is definitely a way to relieve the stress.

Movies and visual effects can have an influence on the way we view other aspects of life. Some genres like horrors and thriller, even though they sometimes contain exaggerated contents, they makes us more cautious of our environment and the people around us.

Comedy can Just entertain us until we crack our ribs. Sci Fi opens our eyes to possibilities in future advancement and some drama give us lessons of life as some of the stories are inspired by real life events.
How much impact can movies have on you?

ahmedo24

Credits
Nice write up, the impact movies have on me are numerous cos virtually every movie that I watch, I learn from it, especially movies that involves leadership roles, it exposes me more to challenges in it and how to manage it effectively. Sci fi movies exposes me to lots of possibilities with technology.

Gabbar

Credits
Movies can impact us but I never seen a person whose life is changed after watching a movie. It can make you feel lost in your thoughts for someone or even in few hours and this has happened with me as well but don't think it can impact to a larger extent which can change a person's life.

Kei

Credits
Movies can impact us but I never seen a person whose life is changed after watching a movie. It can make you feel lost in your thoughts for someone or even in few hours and this has happened with me as well but don't think it can impact to a larger extent which can change a person's life.
Well it may not change a person's life entirely of course but some movies can shape your view about certain things. Like when I watch movies with serial killers that kill due to some psychological issues. I learn about the things that can cause trauma. Some of these things we see everyday and we overlook them.

Gabbar

Credits
I think Inspirational movies can help in shaping the life of a person but this doesn't happen every day and actually, movies have more bad effects than good. There were a few studies that revealed that movies were the main cause of Serial killings, Robbery, theft and many learn from movies to how to plan Bank robberies and we all have seen things like that happen almost daily.

Kei

Credits
I think Inspirational movies can help in shaping the life of a person but this doesn't happen every day and actually, movies have more bad effects than good. There were a few studies that revealed that movies were the main cause of Serial killings, Robbery, theft and many learn from movies to how to plan Bank robberies and we all have seen things like that happen almost daily.
So then it is a fact that movies affect the way some people think if they can plan theft, robbery and what have you just from watching movies. Even though these are negative things, they are as a result of movies as you mentioned.

I also know that not all the effects are negative. Some people hate to read so through movies they have learnt the stories of great heroes that have shaped the world. They get inspired to be better people and this is just one of many.

Gabbar

Credits
So then it is a fact that movies affect the way some people think if they can plan theft, robbery and what have you just from watching movies. Even though these are negative things, they are as a result of movies as you mentioned.

I also know that not all the effects are negative. Some people hate to read so through movies they have learnt the stories of great heroes that have shaped the world. They get inspired to be better people and this is just one of many.

Yes, I am one of them, I don't like reading books and would prefer to learn from Movies or even TV shows. I remember an incident when I was in school and we need to prepare for King Asoka and coincidentally, Shah Rukh Khan's movie with the Similar name was released on the same topic of King Asoka and that movie helped me a lot in learning about Asoka.

ahmedo24

Credits
Lots of people act or redirects their thinking towards the movies they watched, this is more peculiar to kids any way, especially when they watch movies that involves fights or gun shots they tend to imitate what they see. However, I also love to learn from movies than books cos you tend to have practical knowledge of what you want to learn in movies unlike the imaginative scenarios that play out in reading books.

Kei

Credits
Visualizing something is in fact better than when it come to quick assimilation and understanding. However, reading creates an imagination in the minds of people. It increases the brain activity to think and decipher.

It is very important when it comes to kids to control what they watch. This is why rating of movies is important. There are also warnings about scenes of nudity, violence and strong language. If you are a parent, it is best to activate parental control on your cable as well.

SeaGirl

Credits
Movies should be made which can give good message to society and not tear them apart. Movies should be made specially for kids to help them.

Kei

Credits
There are special movies for kids and the ones for adult. Kids are not as smart and sensible as adults. This is why movies are rated but unfortunately most people ignore that. They let kids watch what is inappropriate.

Credits
Some movies have very valuable lessons and try to change our perspective about life and help us live better.Since some movies are actually real life stories brought to life through acting it helps us see reasons why we should be good and try to live above evil.I have watched so many inspirational movies, it has help to shape my life positively and I'm sure it has for others so it a lot easy to live peacefully in life.

Kei

Credits
You are one hundred percent right. What we visualize plays out in our minds and hearts. So when we watch such inspirational movies, even unconsciously the lessons kind of sick to use.

a_jerobon

Credits
Movies are great for entertainment and relaxation. Whether you are going to the cinema with friends or alone on the couch, it is definitely a way to relieve the stress.

Movies and visual effects can have an influence on the way we view other aspects of life. Some genres like horrors and thriller, even though they sometimes contain exaggerated contents, they makes us more cautious of our environment and the people around us.

Comedy can Just entertain us until we crack our ribs. Sci Fi opens our eyes to possibilities in future advancement and some drama give us lessons of life as some of the stories are inspired by real life events.
How much impact can movies have on you?
I love watching movies and they have a great impact in my life. It relieves my stress and keeps me entertained all day. I love comedy series and movies more because they make me laugh. Laughter, as the saying goes is a medicine to all our problems in life.

Gabbar

Credits
I think movies can help in building good characters in the youth and the society, Religious movies do help a lot and movie makers should try to make movies which inspire youth to work hard.

ahmedo24

Credits
Watching movies is like learning in class, they are imaginative school of learning, there is no way one will watch movies and never or learn a new thing, what you learn will either affects you positively or negatively. It is very important for us to be careful of the kindness of movies we watch.
Most children today act according to the movies they watched. I doubt if viewer discretion advised are been followed in most homes today.

Kei

Credits
Watching movies is like learning in class, they are imaginative school of learning, there is no way one will watch movies and never or learn a new thing, what you learn will either affects you positively or negatively. It is very important for us to be careful of the kindness of movies we watch.
Most children today act according to the movies they watched. I doubt if viewer discretion advised are been followed in most homes today.
You can definitely say that about some homes and I can tell you that it isn't just from movies alone. It is a general misguided way of life. Movies definitely have the good and the bad so it is important for us to make the right choices at all times. I have a friend who is learning a foreign language just by watching movies.

Gabbar

Credits
You can definitely say that about some homes and I can tell you that it isn't just from movies alone. It is a general misguided way of life. Movies definitely have the good and the bad so it is important for us to make the right choices at all times. I have a friend who is learning a foreign language just by watching movies.
its possible actually, many prefer to watch the English movies with subtitles and practice english, its a good way to learn but will take more time but still worth.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
Movies don't change your life? I think it might depend on how old you are when you watch a movie. I remember watching “National Velvet” as a kid and Elizabeth Taylor was a young girl who had a dream of entering a race and riding her horse to victory. She entered the race and won but she was disqualified because the judges discovered that she was a girl. It didn't matter to her that they took the prize away. Her dream came true. That movie left an impression on me as a young girl. I think that movie might have helped develop my personality and attitude; and in that sense it changed my life.

Gabbar

Credits
Movies don't change your life? I think it might depend on how old you are when you watch a movie. I remember watching “National Velvet” as a kid and Elizabeth Taylor was a young girl who had a dream of entering a race and riding her horse to victory. She entered the race and won but she was disqualified because the judges discovered that she was a girl. It didn't matter to her that they took the prize away. Her dream came true. That movie left an impression on me as a young girl. I think that movie might have helped develop my personality and attitude; and in that sense it changed my life.
They don't but I think we can learn a lot many things from movies in a funny way and it may give our life a good direction.