The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Imported or local products?

Kei

Credits
In the business of buying and selling goods, do you think that it is better to buy and sell foreign products if majority of the people prefer them because they feel like the products are of superior quality, or would you rather sell locally manufactured goods since this helps a long way in growing the economy?

moh254

Credits
I love promoting my local producers only that their goods are always high unlike the imported goods. In fact recently,my country's government increased tax for the imported goods so that people can start purchasing local goods because most of them are into imported goods. This was good because it help in expanding local markets.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we should work as per our customers and if they are more interested in buying Foreign products then we should provide these and should also try to sell the locally made products.

Kei

Credits
I love promoting my local producers only that their goods are always high unlike the imported goods. In fact recently,my country's government increased tax for the imported goods so that people can start purchasing local goods because most of them are into imported goods. This was good because it help in expanding local markets.
Do you mean that your local goods are more expensive than foreign goods? It is quite different in my country. Foreign products are perceived to be of better quality hence more expensive. Even when local producers use the best materials, they are still sidelined. Just recently, the government banned importation of certain foods to promote the locally made ones.

moh254

Credits
Do you mean that your local goods are more expensive than foreign goods? It is quite different in my country. Foreign products are perceived to be of better quality hence more expensive. Even when local producers use the best materials, they are still sidelined. Just recently, the government banned importation of certain foods to promote the locally made ones.
Yes, local goods are very expensive than imported goods especially clothes. You find that people like foreign than local goods. Actually the government was right when it increased the revenue and as we're speaking local market isn't that bad.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we should have different brands and we should also try to sell online with the help of Facebook. I have seen many importing products and selling them on Ebay with Good profits.

anorona

Credits
It depends. Some local products are way too better than those imported products. For me, it does really matter if the product is local or imported as long as it meets the quality I am looking for and the price would be worth of what it offers.

Junrose123

Credits
For me I would prefer the local products because it is one way that I can help to my countrymen and to the economy of the country as well. Not all foreign products are better than our local products because we have some well known products such as the Marikina shoe that can compete globally against the foreign products.

Kei

Credits
For me I would prefer the local products because it is one way that I can help to my countrymen and to the economy of the country as well. Not all foreign products are better than our local products because we have some well known products such as the Marikina shoe that can compete globally against the foreign products.
You are absolutely right. With right patronage and exposure, local products can rise to standards and compete globally. While I sometimes love the foreign stuff, I also want to grow the economy where I find myself hence I buy locally and matter of fact, they are as good.

Junrose123

Credits
Sometimes people tend to buy foreign products because they think it is much superior or better than our locally made products. Because of this mindset, our local products are not easily sold out since people tend to patronize more this foreign stuff.

Kei

Credits
Sometimes people tend to buy foreign products because they think it is much superior or better than our locally made products. Because of this mindset, our local products are not easily sold out since people tend to patronize more this foreign stuff.
This is often the case in developing countries. This minds out plays out in the way that local manufacturers still use the best quality materials but people still don't patronize them. So you find a lot of locally made goods having labels with "made in China or elsewhere" and that is actually when the People buy them.

anorona

Credits

No doubt Marikina shoes really have good qualities. Some even export their products and foreigners are really loving the design and quality of it.

Junrose123

Credits
I just don't know why my fellow filipinos have the mentality of thinking that foreign stuff is much better than our own made. I just want that this mindset be changed so that our locally produced products must be given a greater importance.

amitkokiladitya

Credits
Any business is successful only if it maintains the its demand supply chain. If you keep favouring local products but the customer demand is for foreign products then how will you survive? It is a matter if discretion and not a matter of choice.

anorona

Credits
I just don't know why my fellow filipinos have the mentality of thinking that foreign stuff is much better than our own made. I just want that this mindset be changed so that our locally produced products must be given a greater importance.
I also feel bad for those fellow Filipinos who has this thinking. This is also one of the reason why our country is suffering to boost the growth of our economy. They prefer imported products over our local products, tendency is most of the local manufacturer do not get enough sales or worst, gets bankrupt.

Gabbar

Credits
I think selling local products can be a good option as they are easily available at less price but there is a great market and demand for Imported products as well which cannot be ignored.

Credits
If we are talking about food I always prefer local products, as they ensure higher nutritional values when compared with the imported ones that suffered lenghty transport times. Besides that we are supporting our economy and local producers. But when we think about clothes and technology a great part of what we have in my country is imported, as the products are cheaper and people prefer them over portuguese ones.

Kei

Credits
No doubt Marikina shoes really have good qualities. Some even export their products and foreigners are really loving the design and quality of it.
This is the importance of patronizing local products. By so doing, they'll grow, improve and expand and cross borders especially when they are of the best quality. I know there are very good products here but more people are concerned about brands and labels.

Junrose123

Credits
Before I was patronizing foreign products, but when I realized that our local products is much better than themselves then I choose it over the other. It is really a must to patronize our own so that in such a way our businessmen would not be lossing their capital.

amitkokiladitya

Credits
I also feel bad for those fellow Filipinos who has this thinking. This is also one of the reason why our country is suffering to boost the growth of our economy. They prefer imported products over our local products, tendency is most of the local manufacturer do not get enough sales or worst, gets bankrupt.
This is the case all over the products. Imported products have captured the market and it is hard to make local goods flourish.