The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Improving the security of your social media accounts

Heatman

Credits
If you want to avoid having your social media accounts from getting hacked, I'd would be very important to have your security upgraded with a two-factor authentication.

Using a two-factor authentication means that you have to set up a phone number or email address where you will get a pass code that will be used to complete your login from another browser different from the first one you used to access your account.

Credits
This is a very good idea which will enable our data on our various social media platforms be very safe. I love my privacy a lot that is why I hardly leave important information on any of my accounts but notwithstanding I might still like to secure them further. So where can I find the place for the two-factor authentication on my Facebook to use this?

Heatman

Credits
This is a very good idea which will enable our data on our various social media platforms be very safe. I love my privacy a lot that is why I hardly leave important information on any of my accounts but notwithstanding I might still like to secure them further. So where can I find the place for the two-factor authentication on my Facebook to use this?
Go to the settings and look for account setting. I will attach a picture where you can do it. Screenshot_2018-08-31-13-37-33.png Screenshot_2018-08-31-13-37-56.png

Kei

Credits
I think the two factor authentication type of security is a very good thing. Since you alone can have access to your mobile and mail messages do you'd know immediately when there's foul play. I use this on faucethub however, it is a bit tiring because I have to input the code no matter how many times I log in daily.

Credits
Thanks @Heatman will be setting mine up immediately to give it the needed security .This is why I like posting on forums we learn new things in the process as well. Will have my alert my people about this as well.

chameli

Credits
I take a lot of care in the security of my social media accounts. I use Pinterest, Twitter and facebook. I use Pinterest and Twitter basically to promote my contents. I also promote my contents on facebook, however I use facebook mostly for personal networking. My facebook profile can be viewed only by my friends.

Heatman

Credits
Thanks @Heatman will be setting mine up immediately to give it the needed security .This is why I like posting on forums we learn new things in the process as well. Will have my alert my people about this as well.
You are very welcome my friend, I'm very glad to help you out with this issue of upgrading the security of your Facebook account. I have seen lots of people who lost their Facebook account to hackers all because of using weak security. But I'm sure that once you get your two-factor authentication set up, your account will be 100% secured against any form of hackers.

Gabbar

Credits
Its very important and we should also never reveal our details like ID and passwords to anyone and should try to log out everytime whenever we login on a different device which is used by many.

Heatman

Credits
Its very important and we should also never reveal our details like ID and passwords to anyone and should try to log out everytime whenever we login on a different device which is used by many.
I find it very difficult to use any other device other than my laptop or tablet or phones to login to any of my accounts because I really don't want to have anyone creeping into my account without my knowledge. Some people have password recorded active on the device and once you key in your password, they are saved instantly.

Gabbar

Credits
I think for that, we should ignore working on systems/laptops/ computers which are accessed by many as we all feel bad when even one of our account get hacked as we all have some personal details in that.

anorona

Credits
Aside from complex passwork and 2FA, I also attached atleast 2 emails on my account. This will serve as another back up in case someone is trying to hack your account. There is also an option on facebook where you can choose someone on your friend’s list to help
you receover your account if ever your account got locked or hacked.

Junrose123

Credits
Improving the security of our social media accounts is a must to secure our privacy and personal information. Many people are trying to hack somebody's account that is why it is very important to take good care about it so that it could not be used for illegal acts.

ahmedo24

Credits
Thanks for sharing the image @Heatman, I never knew that facebook 2 factor authentication, I only used it for my bitcoin wallet, I will try to beef up my facebook security immidiately

Gabbar

Credits
Just don't add strangers and don't play some of the silly games which can enter virus on our systems and I'm sure everything will be fine and working for us.

SeaGirl

Credits
I access Facebook and other social media websites less and not having many friends so I'm not much concerned about Facebook or any privacy.

Gabbar

Credits
Thanks for sharing the image @Heatman, I never knew that facebook 2 factor authentication, I only used it for my bitcoin wallet, I will try to beef up my facebook security immidiately
That's new for me as well. I don't wanna use that as I would be required to check my email and put the verification code everytime I access Facebook and its too much annoying.

ahmedo24

Credits
That is true @Gabbar, but you can link it to your Mobile phone number so that once the code is sent you can easily access it without the need to login to mail box to check it out.

Gabbar

Credits
Two-factor authentication for Facebook is helpful and it will really help us but I won't do it as I would be required to put the code to verify that its me everytime I login and it would be time consuming.

Heatman

Credits
With the recent several hacks which so many people have complained online about getting their Facebook account easily hacked, it led the support to increase the security measures of the site. So, with using a two-factor authentication to secure one's Facebook account, it's fully protected against any possible hack.