The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 36 more

NoviceNinja

Credits
iphonex.jpg

I have never used an iPhone before, and from the start, I have used an Android operating system when it comes to mobile. And recently I am starting to wonder if I should shift to the Apple ecosystem.

What do you think are advantages of the iOS over its rival Android? And I don't mean the specs but more on its functionality on a day to day usage. Does it crash often? Its charging time to full? Does the battery last longer compared to others? Availability and support of apps in the store?

Thanks!

KellyGeo

Credits
I don't have any clue as to what are the differences between iOS and android devices because I haven't used iOS devices before and I wouldn't want to come and write what I read online about it without any real experience with using it.

I have only used Java and android devices all my life when it comes to phones and currently I'm using Infinix Smart which I bought around 5 months ago. The device is good at least it's serving my immediate needs for phone usage.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I don't have any clue as to what are the differences between iOS and android devices because I haven't used iOS devices before and I wouldn't want to come and write what I read online about it without any real experience with using it.

I have only used Java and android devices all my life when it comes to phones and currently I'm using Infinix Smart which I bought around 5 months ago. The device is good at least it's serving my immediate needs for phone usage.
iOS is the operating system that Apple uses on their phones. It is the software that runs your phone, such as windows is the software that runs your computer, and if you drop into the root of your computer, then that is called DOS, however, since windows has advanced, then there is no real reason why you should be accessing iOS on your phone, or DOS on your computer. If you have an iPad or iPod, then those devices also use iOS, as this is the operating system for all mobile devices that are made by Apple, and I have never had Android or iPhone since they are expensive phones.

KellyGeo

Credits
iOS is the operating system that Apple uses on their phones. It is the software that runs your phone, such as windows is the software that runs your computer, and if you drop into the root of your computer, then that is called DOS, however, since windows has advanced, then there is no real reason why you should be accessing iOS on your phone, or DOS on your computer. If you have an iPad or iPod, then those devices also use iOS, as this is the operating system for all mobile devices that are made by Apple, and I have never had Android or iPhone since they are expensive phones.
Both Android and iPhone are expensive especially if you are looking at buying a better product with good brand. Although the cost of iPhone are too expensive when compared to Android phones and this is the reason why I have put any kind of pressure on myself to buy iPhone. You can buy a decent android phone at the cost of $100.

NoviceNinja

Credits
I always wonder why iPhones are that expensive. When you buy one, I think 40% goes to the actual cost of making the phone (hardware and software), and you pay the other 60% just for the BRAND (Apple logo at the back). It's crazy!

KellyGeo

Credits
I always wonder why iPhones are that expensive. When you buy one, I think 40% goes to the actual cost of making the phone (hardware and software), and you pay the other 60% just for the BRAND (Apple logo at the back). It's crazy!
You are very correct, it's basically the tech and software integration that the company uses in the phone that makes it so expensive. Even some other companies like Samsung are now trying to copy some of the technology used by the company to design their own products while relatively makes the iPhone products very expensive. You can read more about why iPhone are very expensive according to Forbes writer here https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/08/01/why-are-iphones-so-expensive/

Hova

Credits
Currently, I'm using a blackberry phone but I've used a couple of android devices which I really loved. Most of them were Samsung and LG phones and in my opinion they are two of the best brands in the market. I've never used any apple products not because I'm not a fan, but because they so damn expensive. I really hope one day I'll be able to own one.

Hova

Credits
Currently, I'm using a blackberry phone but I've used a couple of android devices which I really loved. Most of them were Samsung and LG phones and in my opinion they are two of the best brands in the market. I've never used any apple products not because I'm not a fan, but because they so damn expensive. I really hope one day I'll be able to own one.

NoviceNinja

Credits
A lot of blogs are saying that Apple is no longer KING in the tech world, but of course, they are still a giant. I believe choosing between iOS and Android still matters, but the primary factor why I decided to use Android phones is the price. If iPhones somehow became affordable ($200 - $400), I might shift to it. I remember seeing a spoof of an advertisement for the iPhone 5C before, and it says the "C" stands for "cheap." And it is designed to be used by peasants, haha! Still, that product line never took off. I think they removed iPhone Cs from their product line already.