The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Is brand name important?

Kei

Credits
How import is brand name for you. There are products out there having names and brands that are well reputable in their various industries. These products may share the same quality with others but the fact that they carry a brand name makes them Golden. They could go for twice the price of another similar product without a well known name.

For instance chicken from KFC may cost much more than eatery down the road even if it was made by the same chef. Do you go for brands?

Gabbar

Credits
I think Brand Name is important. I'm not all the time looking for brands but still there are things like Food and grocery which we all like to have of good brands as it's related to our health.

Kei

Credits
I think Brand Name is important. I'm not all the time looking for brands but still there are things like Food and grocery which we all like to have of good brands as it's related to our health.
Yes you are right. But one question though, does brand directly relate to quality? What if some of these products only sell because of the name attached to it and not necessarily quality?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Yes you are right. But one question though, does brand directly relate to quality? What if some of these products only sell because of the name attached to it and not necessarily quality?
Branding can be the difference of making it or just getting by, and if your brand does not offer quality, then all you are doing is fighting yourself, and your brand would be fighting an uphill battle, and I will even give you a good example.

The other day, someone made a suggestion that DG should have a Domain Marketplace, since then, I have been doing some research, and found a domain/site marketplace Flippa.com, and flippa is a unique brand, however, I have seen comments from others that flippa just cares about money, and runs a slap-shot domain marketplace by allowing scammers to take over the marketplace, if flippa actually got involved to clean up their site, then this would clean up their brand, and I would bet they would come out stronger, and on top, however, if flippa owners do not care, then they will continue to run in the same manner.

and yes, by allowing scammers to run the marketplace, then this can have a negative impact, because scammers will offer nothing in return, and this will lower the quality on the brand, when it comes to scammers, then you have to watch out for everyone, and if we can determine that they are scamming people, then they will be banned. We will not allow scammers to undermine our brand, and we will do whatever it takes to get rid of them as quickly as they have been identified as a scammer.

Gabbar

Credits
I think most of the times branding is attached with trust and quality. We can expect them to be of low quality as well but that happens very rare and I haven't experienced this as yet.

Junrose123

Credits
Yes for me brand name is really important because it give us the assurance of having good quality compare to other products that do not have any brand. The only problem is that I think products which has brand name tend to have a much higher price compare to others.

Gabbar

Credits
We can try to compare different brands and this helps us in selecting the best alternative and great value for our money. Brand cannot guarantee quality and we need to check other things like Price, Ingredients, close alternatives.

Yugocean

Credits
I go for quality because of comfortability, not by any brand name; actually all brands have name due to the quality of their products. For example Micromax in India is now a Brand, but it got name only after Canvas 4 mobile (now outdated); with no better outcome, this brand's name is getting down too.

Gabbar

Credits
I think Micromax was once a nice brand in India but other companies by providing quality products at lesser price has defeated it and now no one likes to buy Products of it.

Yugocean

Credits
Now Chinese products are ruling the market even when there was strong oppose to chinese products. Brand name do matter more than what people think is important; however those brands are also started their plant as Make in India to keep with brand name also.

Gabbar

Credits
Yeah, you are right, Still many prefer to Buy Samsung and even Nokia products even if they are getting the same features at a lesser price. It takes time to make a name in the market and that's why its good to stick with brands.

Junrose123

Credits
I
Now Chinese products are ruling the market even when there was strong oppose to chinese products. Brand name do matter more than what people think is important; however those brands are also started their plant as Make in India to keep with brand name also.
I didn't trust much some of the Chinese products because base on my experience some of them are low in quality and can easily be damage. Although we cannot deny the fact that Chinese products nowadays doninate the market industry.

chameli

Credits
I think brand name is important. If you can establish you brand, the sales will be guaranteed. Generally speaking, you will believe in the product of it comes from a well established brand. You cannot believe that a Nike shoes are bad that's because it is a big brand. You believe clothes from Zara are really good because it is a brand.

earnmaster

Credits
Brand name is very important. products from a well known brand gives me assurance of quality while buying products or service from them.
Saying that it is not that all unbranded products are bad you need have the skill or any reference to be sure of the quality.

ahmedo24

Credits
If brand name had not been in existence we not be able to figure quality of products and standards can never be maintained or attained because everyone will produce whatever they like and they can't be tracked.

dya80

Credits
I think brand name is very important. I am not sure if the products without a brand name are of good quality. Having a brand builds financial value and trust. I have trust in products with a brand name. And it's more likely to buy such products.

johnywalker

Credits
Brand name is important. Brand establishes trust. Why do you think people are buying from Amazon instead of a random ecommerce site? It takes a lot of time and effort to establish and I always trust the brand. trusting a brand means you are receiving quality product/service.

moh254

Credits
Yes brand name matters because people believe in these big companies and they've got good reputation plus their services count a lot.

ahmedo24

Credits
Brand name is important. Brand establishes trust. Why do you think people are buying from Amazon instead of a random ecommerce site? It takes a lot of time and effort to establish and I always trust the brand. trusting a brand means you are receiving quality product/service.
That is the simple truth but once you are able to establish that trust your company will continue to grow stronger and the benefit pass glory that why till today most brands are still in existence because of what they have established.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
People buy from other eCommerce sites, I know amazon is at the top, however, people float all over the internet, but in this case, it could be that other sites use SEO, and PPC in order to get traffic to their eCommerce site, in fact, some amazon sellers are not even big on adding value to their amazon listing, and some sellers hardly use any content at all, and if they get any sells at all, then it will be because of amazon branding, not because of what the amazon seller is doing, ie brand recognition.

Some of these big brands maybe at the top of their game, but they are not at the very, very top because they do not utiltize content marketing like other sites do, and this is how other sites get traffic, then they start getting buyers. It is just now that brand sites are getting into contenting marketing, and one day (in the future) small sites may not even have a shot in hell, some sites are even investing millions of dollars in content marketing, and that is because it is the smart thing to do outside of PPC.

Google also prefers branding over non-branding, so a branded site could rank better then a non-branded site.