The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Is Indian Cricket Team Ready For Cricket World Cup 2019?

Gabbar

Credits
Most of the teams which will participate in the upcoming ICC cricket world cup which will be held in 2019 in England and Whales, will be preparing for it and a few would be ready as well but
I don't feel Indian Cricket team is ready and I'm not impressed with the captaincy style of Indian skipper Virat Kohli and still team is not looking like one to win the World cup.

Hope Boys can play well in the Asia cup and show, how prepared they are under the leadership of Acting Skipper Rohit Sharma.

Do you feel Indian Cricket team is ready for the upcoming word cup? Please share.

suny

Credits
I think India is in for a tough challenge for almost every other participant in coming World Cup. I was surprised to see how the Indian team was struggling against a new team like Hongkong. I agree the Hongkong has 7 players from Pakistan in its team but then India is one of the leading teams of this game so should have done better. However, the way India defeated Pakistan in next match brings back confidence somewhat.

Gabbar

Credits
I think India is in for a tough challenge for almost every other participant in coming World Cup. I was surprised to see how the Indian team was struggling against a new team like Hongkong. I agree the Hongkong has 7 players from Pakistan in its team but then India is one of the leading teams of this game so should have done better. However, the way India defeated Pakistan in next match brings back confidence somewhat.
Yeah they did well in the encounter against Pakistan but still there are many things on which they need to work. Chahal has under performed and Kuldeep need to work hard as batsman are now picking him well and still fast bowling isn't that effective.

arunima25

Credits
I think our cricket team is quite ready and competent for World Cup 2019. They just have to stay grounded and more focused. We have strong player be it batting side or bowling side and some very good at fielding. They just need to focus and not loose their confidence and cool.
Even I was surprised to see them struggling against Hong Kong. But then we have to admit that Hong Kong seemed good and promising for a new team.

Gabbar

Credits
I think our cricket team is quite ready and competent for World Cup 2019. They just have to stay grounded and more focused. We have strong player be it batting side or bowling side and some very good at fielding. They just need to focus and not loose their confidence and cool.
Even I was surprised to see them struggling against Hong Kong. But then we have to admit that Hong Kong seemed good and promising for a new team.
I think we are not. We still don't have a perfect No. 4 and even Hardik isn't fit now and India needs to have a medium pace bowling all-rounder.

Gabbar

Credits
I think having 2-3 bowling All rounders will help to win the world cup which is to be played in England. I think India should again look at Stuart binny and try some other options who can bat in the lower middle order and can bowl medium pace.

suny

Credits
I still believe that playing on placid wickets in Asia is different than what it takes to win in England or New Zealand. Playing in England was always a challenge for every Indian visiting cricket team right from the beginning. I hope our team management and coaching staff knows that.

Gabbar

Credits
I still believe that playing on placid wickets in Asia is different than what it takes to win in England or New Zealand. Playing in England was always a challenge for every Indian visiting cricket team right from the beginning. I hope our team management and coaching staff knows that.
I'm sure even after playing in England just recently, They haven't learned anything. Jadeja and kuldeep or even Chahal won't help you earn their. The times when Kuldeep turned the match was when England Batsman were not aware of his bowling but now even Hong Kong batsman are aware of his bowling. And of course Kohli cannot win you a ICC title. Rohit should be given the captaincy.

KingSaini

Credits
They are not ready and still struggling to find a winning and settled combination. KL Rahul should bat at No. 4.

Gabbar

Credits
I think KL Rahul should bat at No. 3 and Virat at No. 4 but don't know if Virat will sacrifice his favorite position as he plays best at this Number.

arunima25

Credits
They are not ready and still struggling to find a winning and settled combination. KL Rahul should bat at No. 4.
They might need some change in the order of batting and those changes can be made. But the team on a whole is a strong one and has all the potential of an international standard.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we are too much dependent on spinners like Yadav and Chahal and in England, it would be tough to expect much help from them and we need to depend on Bumrah and Kumar.

suny

Credits
I think Jadeja fits in the slot of an all rounder more than any of the Pandya brothers. Jadeja has almost always taken wickets and can bat better and is more reliable than any other so called all rounders in the team. Look the way he rescued Indian team last night against Afghanistan in Asia Cup.

Gabbar

Credits
I actually haven't seen the match but just checked the scores. Jadeja has proved himself many a times but I think it won't be easy for him to bat or bowl in England but I could be wrong as well

suny

Credits
I think if the Indian team stick to its top 15-18 and give them chances in coming games would be a better idea. Currently the team is trying too many players which is making their chances slimmer and the established player get demoralized while dropped in the name of trying bench strength. The bench strength will come in handy when their time comes.