The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Is layer poultry business a feasible one?

Junrose123

Credits
I am thinking to have a layer poultry business in my hometown as I see that there is a big demand on egg everyday in my locality. I am just afraid that my chickens might die because of the changing climate that we have in our country. I want to know if it would be a hood business or not.

Do you really agree that layer poultry business is very safe and reliable one? What can you say about it?

Kei

Credits
Poultry can be safe and risky at the same time. It is good that you've learned about climate of your country. I'll advice you to do more extensive study and research if you intend to go into this business.

You need to know more about the kinds of diseases that affect poultry, feeds, vaccination, breeds and all that is involved to prevent losses. Once you get the hang of it, it can be very lucrative.

overcast

Credits
I think that business can be costly in this side of the world. But it is a good business. And a lot of people can make some decent earning selling. I have also seen that if there are corporate contracts for this. They can make some good money too. I guess it can be tough.

ahmedo24

Credits
This is a very lucrative business in this country side, it requires extensive research and expertise service to guide you through, the climate changes have their remedies such that the mortality rate reduces but depends on your country weather.

Kei

Credits
That is why you need to research well. If you go into it without adequate information, you might face major losses especially when there's a disease outbreak. It quickly spreads and before you know, you would have lost most of your birds. You'll also need workers if it is going to be a large scale production.

Katriona_22

Credits
Ther'es always a pro's and con's in every a business. For this kind your really need to consider the climate in your area. We have a neighbor who have this kind of business and for over 5 years it was doing well. They were very careful of all the chicken and no one can't get closer to it, only the one who tasked to collect the eggs.

overcast

Credits
This is a very lucrative business in this country side, it requires extensive research and expertise service to guide you through, the climate changes have their remedies such that the mortality rate reduces but depends on your country weather.
Two things are for sure. Like say the amount of space it takes for the business. And second you may need the money and the clients for that business to work. It can be pretty harder on the serious business. But it can be done from what I have seen so far.

A K Rao

Credits
I am thinking to have a layer poultry business in my hometown as I see that there is a big demand on egg everyday in my locality. I am just afraid that my chickens might die because of the changing climate that we have in our country. I want to know if it would be a hood business or not.

Do you really agree that layer poultry business is very safe and reliable one? What can you say about it?
Being a Vet I would not say that it is a safe business! You need to take many factors into consideration while setting up a Poultery Farm , especially for layers though you may have a lot of demand locally! First and foremost factor is that you need to have a ideal set up, ample amount of water supply and feed supply! You need to procure the chicks from a reliable source having a good record of producing eggs. You must take care of birds from time to time by vaccinating them and providing them the needed supplements. You need to install coolers and humidifiers in the summers and heaters in the winters! That is not a easy thing to set up a Poultry farm!

Kei

Credits
I know a lot of farmers that started in their backyards. They didn't start big with all the equipment and space. You can test the waters in small scale and afterwards, use the proceeds to expand your ideas.

Junrose123

Credits
The only thing that I don't like with this kind of business is being very expensive in making its structure for the layer because it cost so much than raising a piggery business. Besides it is very risky because there is a tendency that my chickens would die for some sickness.

chameli

Credits
A lot of people are engaged with poultry business in my town. According to the government's data, the town I live in is soon going to be the number two in terms of poultry business in the country. Broilers and layers both are in business.

Junrose123

Credits
Yes there is a bigger number of people who are doing this kind of business because it is very in demand and as long as you do it right you will really earned from it and this si something that I want to try if I already have the required capital to start with.

moh254

Credits
I know of a few people who are making cash from this kind of business but the problem is that it requires much input in terms of work not unless you employ some people to help you with cleaning and the rest.

Junrose123

Credits
Yes this kind of business really needs a lot of supervision and work because it would really needs a lot of time from cleaning to feeding the chickens and as well to harvest the eggs to sell to the public.
Post automatically merged:

Yes this kind of business really needs a lot of supervision and work because it would really needs a lot of time from cleaning to feeding the chickens and as well to harvest the eggs to sell to the public.

johnywalker

Credits
First of all you need to check the market and see whether there is a demand for poultry products. You need to check your local market as well as the market in other towns and cities if you are planning to sell there. You need to check your competitors. This will give you an idea whether it is feasible or not.

Junrose123

Credits
I honestly don't have any deep knowledge about poultry business and this would be my first time to try if ever I will do it. So far I see that the demand in my place is very high, I ma just worried that my chickens might die because of the changing weather we have in my place.