The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Is Tumblr still effective for blogging

Heatman

Credits
One of the earliest social media network that paved way to what we know today about blogging is Tumblr. It's very popular and powerful years ago but with the intense development in technology in the social media industry, it's as if Tumblr is already been forgotten. I'm very sure that most people nowadays don't even know about the existence of the social media. Does this mean that Tumblr is dying off for the new social media sites we have today?

Gabbar

Credits
I have never been much involved with Tumblr but I joined it few days ago just to complete an offer on Ayuwage and never explored it fully.

D

Deleted member 62

This is why technologist's and developers are not relenting because they want to give us new Innovations that will blow our minds.I believe tumblr is hardly used these days when we have better platform like WordPress to give us better blogging experience and moreover people like going for new things.

Gabbar

Credits
I like to know if we can make money from Tumblr as well, because they say it's a blogging website and many post very helpful posts on Tumblr, so maybe we can earn money from Tumblr.

chameli

Credits
I have never used tumblr. However, I hear that tumbler is a good platform for blogging. I also hear that you can monetize your tumblr blog, I don't know how you do that, though. You can use tumbler to generate backlinks as well as traffic to your main site.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
Tumblr is a good platform for blogging but it's even an better platform for sharing. That was the vision of the original owner and creator David Karp. What he really wanted was a platform where people could easily share links, quotes, images, listen to movies, watch videos and chat. He never really created it as a blogging platform, even though it can be used for blogging.

People use it for blogging and for sharing. The pattern I often see is that many people will publish a detailed blog on Wordpress, Blogspot or elsewhere and then share the links via Tumblr.

Artists and photographers love Tumblr. In fact there was once a time when I thought I could not have a Tumblr because I thought the platform was only for sharing images. Glad I found that I was wrong!

If you are an Etsypreneur you are very welcome at Tumblr. Etsy is one of the preferred merchants.

If you are write or author, Tumblr can be used to promote books or other writings.

There are so many amazing ways the Tumblr platform can be used. Blogging is just one of the ways.

You can monetize your Tumblr. Affiliate links are allowed.

Also ... Tumblr is fun! I find so much cool stuff there.
(Image credit: Gaming)

Post automatically merged:

EXAMPLE:

Take a look at this person's Tumblr blog. The post share leads back to her main blog which is a Wordpress.

Last edited:

chameli

Credits
@cmoneyspinner you say you can use affiliate links on tumbler, can we use network ads with tumblr? Does tumblr allow us to post network ads, or are there and ad network that accept tumblr as a website?

cmoneyspinner

Credits
This has been my experience with Tumblr.

At one time, Google Ad Sense ads were allowed. But when Tumblr changed owners from YAHOO to Verizon, I noticed that I could no longer put the code on my blogs. However, I also noticed that people who used the Tumblr platform, but with their own domain name – not a Tumblr sub-domain, I could see Google Ad Sense ads on their blogs. I looked through the site's Help Info but couldn't find anything on it. It's a question mark. (?)

Next, I used InfoLinks ads. It worked great! But the problem was that I got my Tumblr blogs deleted because I screwed up somewhere. When I went back and created new Tumblr blogs, I couldn't get approved for InfoLinks ads any more. Live and Learn. Hey! I'm glad they let me create a new account. At least I wasn't banished forever!!

Two affiliate marketing programs that Tumblr does NOT seem to allow are Clickbank and Commission Junction. I don't know why. They just don't!

However if I have used affiliate product links from ShareASale, Amazon and VigLink, and they don't seem to cause a problem. I mean … my blogs haven't been deleted … AGAIN! ... Yet.

As for network ads? I don't know. I've never tried.