Register
Join
+ 86 more

It is nearly impossible to get rich in 2018

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
It can be difficult to succeed in 2018

I read this statement on another forum, and thought to myself, it is difficult, however, it is not impossible, and time-consuming process. This person also has the wrong mindset that you can just set up a site in 2018, then Google will just take you on to easy street just as easily as opening a door on your car. The creator that made the post simply has the wrong mindset, and I am not sure who made the promise the promise that you would get rich just because you set up a website in 2018. If you have found the right niche, and have the passion for long-term success, then you may just have a shot, and the keyword is LONG TERM, sorry to say, nothing in life is free, and Google does not give away for free either, not like they used too; Today, you have to earn that success, and it may not be cheap either. Dont give up!!!

Anyone can set up any type of site...
however, going from zero to hero is completely something else...

• 1: You need a brand that will endure time, and resonate with your audience.
  • 2: You need an awesome looking design, better than that of your competitors.
  • 3: You need content that will rock the core of your audience.
  • 4: Before all that, what can you offer, so that visitors want to take part?
  • 5: You need $1000+ Guest Posts that will leave your competitors in the dust.

The op of the other post was refering to adsense; He thought if you just joined google adsense, and put up a site, then he would just rank and bank without any worth while work on his site in order to improve several factors, such as having quality content, quality backlinks, and so forth, and by looking at his desperation, then I can safely say that he most likely did not have anything to bring to the table as those factors as concerned; These days, it can be very difficult to get into google adsense, and it is not the same easy platforum that it started off with in past years, as adsense has become very strick on their quality content guidelines, and if you are looking to start a buinsess of any short, then any platform you have that you do not control is not really a business; in away, you are helping the other party succeed, not yourself.

Credits
True. I've been reading a lot of stuff about creating a website, I've watched videos, all of them are saying that it is an easy thing to do which is in reality, it actually needs a lot of hard work. As I check the requirements of Google Adsense, I can say that it's not really easy to qualify. It is a long term process. There's no such thing as getting rich quickly. It needs a lot of hardwork and patience. You should do things you love to make it work.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
True. I've been reading a lot of stuff about creating a website, I've watched videos, all of them are saying that it is an easy thing to do which is in reality, it actually needs a lot of hard work. As I check the requirements of Google Adsense, I can say that it's not really easy to qualify. It is a long term process. There's no such thing as getting rich quickly. It needs a lot of hardwork and patience. You should do things you love to make it work.
I have read some case studies that say it can take just over a year to get a site off the ground, and this really comes down to several factors, which includes site design, visitor engagement, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, promotion, etc, and still, everything you do could turn out to be all wrong, because Google does not send traffic to your site overnight as it can take several months for organic ranking to happen. If you have done your research, and you have picked the right niche, then you should be fine, as this also depends if you succeed or fail.

D

Deleted member 5

I do not do it anymore, but for several years I raised and sold teacup Shorkie puppies. I made my own website using one of the web pages that let you make a website and they hosted it for you, and it did not cost me very much money to do this. I was able to upload pictures of my adult dogs and also of the Shorkie puppies, and information about when I had a littler of Shorkie available.

I didn’t know anything at all about search engine optimization, or any of that kind of stuff. What I did was use the free classifieds and run a short ad with a link to my website. The free classified websites drew in a lot of people that were looking for puppies, and then they went to my website and contacted me through that for more information.

Besides the free classifieds, most of these websites also had paid ads that were a premium ad, and these were always the ones that people saw first; so it was worth the money for me to buy the premium ads; So, even without knowing much of anything about having a website, I was able to have one that worked and did a great job of helping me to sell the puppies.

1D01A23C-9F21-454E-8151-5C11F4EA4023.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
I do not do it anymore, but for several years I raised and sold teacup Shorkie puppies. I made my own website using one of the web pages that let you make a website and they hosted it for you, and it did not cost me very much money to do this. I was able to upload pictures of my adult dogs and also of the Shorkie puppies, and information about when I had a littler of Shorkie available.

I didn’t know anything at all about search engine optimization, or any of that kind of stuff. What I did was use the free classifieds and run a short ad with a link to my website. The free classified websites drew in a lot of people that were looking for puppies, and then they went to my website and contacted me through that for more information.

Besides the free classifieds, most of these websites also had paid ads that were a premium ad, and these were always the ones that people saw first; so it was worth the money for me to buy the premium ads; So, even without knowing much of anything about having a website, I was able to have one that worked and did a great job of helping me to sell the puppies.

View attachment 40
Very nice photo.

You have to do what works for you, and what works for you may not work for someone else, in your case, I would imagine if you are selling puppies on a local level, then one may choose to use local classifieds, however, if you were promoting some type of digital service, then local classifieds may have not have worked, so you first have to find out what works for you, like the saying goes, if it is not broken, then don't fix it.

D

Deleted member 5

With online classifieds, you can choose where you want your ad to go. Since I only wanted local people whom I could meet and they could become acquainted with their new puppy as it grew and got old enough for them to take home; I decided to have my ads to only show in the local area, although anyone could read the ad because it was online.

However, many people who are selling items that they could ship (such as jewelry or other small items) could also choose to have their ads show up nationwide, or in whatever size of an area that they needed ; so the online classifieds were a great way to reach people and get your website promoted to potential buyers.

It would not have showed up for someone just doing a google search, maybe, although some of the larger classifieds do show up when you type in a specific item, such as “Shorkie puppy”.

If a person has something to sell, this could work as a fairly inexpensive way to get started in the business, and then go into more advertising and internet exposure once you started selling your product.

Credits
People are giving too much emphasis on SEO nowadays but in reality, it's just a small factor in having a successful online business. What drives businesses is sales or conversions, SEO, SEM, PPC, and Adsense are there to help in bringing traffic to your site. It doesn't mean that if you don't do these things that your site won't be successful, quite the opposite, if you concentrate on these then your business would probably take a nose dive but if you concentrate on target marketing and social media funnelling techniques to make a sale then you'll get more conversions that translates into earnings.

Gabbar

Credits
I cannot be rich in earning money online but I surely can earn some money in the remaining part of 2018. I started this year 2018 well and was lost in the middle of the year but hoping to end the year on a high note.

Junrose123

Credits
I think it is really possible to earn more this year but being rich is a long-term process to take because it will depend on what kind of work or business we have. I think if we will just exert a lot of effort and patience then we might make it.

chameli

Credits
The year 2018 is coming to and end. I started a blog in 2017 and in 2018 I began to see some revenue on my blog. HOpefully, in 2019, I will see more revenue, perhaps $1000 a month (or am I dreaming too big). I could not create wealth in 2018, however, managing expenses was easier despite increase in monthly expenses. Hopefully the new year will be better.

Junrose123

Credits
I will not also get rich for just working online if I am just on to some forums because the pay rate is very low, it is only good as an extra income in my own opinion.