The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 106 more

Learning New Skills?

Meryemm

Credits
Have you ever tried to learn new skills or improve already existing ones, in order to use them to make money online?
A lot of people want to become freelancers, but they're afraid to do so because they think they don't have any skills. And a lot of them also start working online thinking that they're great at something but then they get rejected and can't land any jobs and they give up.
An example of this is writing. A lot of people think that they can write just because, well, they can write. But that's not the case because writing is also a skill and not everyone that can write is a writer and someone who can sell writing services.

For me, I've just recently started freelancing and I'm multilingual with a passion for writing. So, I'm working on my writing skills and learning English, which is not my native language. I'm also learning German and Icelandic, and also working on my Turkish language skills.
I'm not only doing this for the purpose of working online because I have always been a lover of languages and I spend my free time learning them. But since I started freelancing, I thought this would be a great opportunity for learning and for selling these services as well.
So what I'm really focusing on is learning languages and doing all sorts of writing and translating.

What about you guys? What skills are you learning/improving?

Kei

Credits
Just like you, i'm focused on learning to improve my writing skills. I realized that it isn't the jobs that aren't available, it is the skills that we lack. For us to earn more and be sorted after, we need something unique That would be of advantage to us and that's skills and knowledge.

Meryemm

Credits
Just like you, i'm focused on learning to improve my writing skills. I realized that it isn't the jobs that aren't available, it is the skills that we lack. For us to earn more and be sorted after, we need something unique That would be of advantage to us and that's skills and knowledge.
Exactly. I've had some friends that tried to work online with the skills they already have but couldn't land any jobs and they were quick to quit. I think a lot of people that start working online think they are good enough but they're faced with rejection most of the time.
Working online is the same as working offline, both require good skills to provide high-quality services.

D

Deleted member 62

I'm learning to transcribe audio videos .I have seen people cash out big from such sites and if I have the skill I will just focus on that to make good money. I have been learning from video tutorials on YouTube.

Meryemm

Credits
I'm learning to transcribe audio videos .I have seen people cash out big from such sites and if I have the skill I will just focus on that to make good money. I have been learning from video tutorials on YouTube.
I'm also into transcribing and I have been learning how to do so for the past couple of months. You can get a grasp of transcription but it really depends on the guidelines of the company you're going to work for because not all companies have the same style. I have transcribed for 2 companies and I sometimes mix between the different tags and styles. So this is something you have to be very careful with. Good luck.

ahmedo24

Credits
I am currently learning how to make YouTube videos and tips to getting traffics, also web designing, I am optimistic that if am done, I will earn more professionally. We just have to improve

Meryemm

Credits
I am currently learning how to make YouTube videos and tips to getting traffics, also web designing, I am optimistic that if am done, I will earn more professionally. We just have to improve
Nowadays, everyone is starting their own YouTube channel! I think it takes a lot of effort to make high-quality content on a continuous basis. Before you jump into this, make sure you actually have something to give to your viewers. I hope you won't be one of those stupid YouTubers that are full of drama and that use clickbait titles to get views for their stupid videos. Good luck!

D

Deleted member 62

I'm also into transcribing and I have been learning how to do so for the past couple of months. You can get a grasp of transcription but it really depends on the guidelines of the company you're going to work for because not all companies have the same style. I have transcribed for 2 companies and I sometimes mix between the different tags and styles. So this is something you have to be very careful with. Good luck.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'm really putting my head down to learn the basics.I'm also reading blogs that is about it too. Can't wait to start making money from good paying sites.

Credits
I'm trying to acquire skills in marketing I intend going into direct selling online. I want to experiment with groceries selling online but I need the needed skills to pull it through. With this I can have a large scale business.

Kei

Credits
I'm trying to acquire skills in marketing I intend going into direct selling online. I want to experiment with groceries selling online but I need the needed skills to pull it through. With this I can have a large scale business.
Are you looking at an online shop where you'll own a website for that, practice good SMO and SMM. Then practice affiliate marketing?
I think it is an awesome way to go. Groceries are what people need everyday.

Junrose123

Credits
I am trying my best to learn new skills so that I can do better in terms of earning online. I know that sometimes it takes time and patience to acquire knowledge since it is not just an easy task.

moh254

Credits
You're really doing great. As for me, am trying to learn freelancing as well although haven't found the right person to take me through the whole process. After freelancing I think I'll learn something to do with blogging among other stuff.

Junrose123

Credits
I think if I am already good at freelancing then maybe I am already earning now a good income from it but sadly I still have a lot of work to do to make things happen. Freelancing job is one of my dream come true job in the near future.

Credits
Are you looking at an online shop where you'll own a website for that, practice good SMO and SMM. Then practice affiliate marketing?
I think it is an awesome way to go. Groceries are what people need everyday.
Yes,groceries are daily needs and one can make good of it with good marketing strategies. I think I will have to create a site for it,then share the link on all social media platforms.

Junrose123

Credits
I think we can learn new skills by just watching in the youtube some videos regarding on things that we want to know. Youtube is a great provider of knowledge and skills that we need in our respective works.

Gabbar

Credits
We need to keep moving and learning and this is like a food for our mind and heart. By learning new things we can get better and sharpen our skills and this helps us to stay updated and we may end up earning well.

Junrose123

Credits
Yes we need to keep things on going since learning is a continous process that we need to take. It is really good that we learn everyday different knowledge and skills that can be beneficial on our part especially to our online sites.

Kei

Credits
I also think that it isn't just about learning but also implementing. Implementing with the right tools. Practice makes perfect even though it does not go as planned in the beginning, it will surely fall into place.

Gabbar

Credits
I also think that it isn't just about learning but also implementing. Implementing with the right tools. Practice makes perfect even though it does not go as planned in the beginning, it will surely fall into place.
I need to work on my writing skills but don't know how to start as these days I'm getting more busier with work but I'm hopeful of finding a way to work on it.

Kei

Credits
I need to work on my writing skills but don't know how to start as these days I'm getting more busier with work but I'm hopeful of finding a way to work on it.
There are sites online that offer unique courses and you can pick the one to run. They are sometimes free while other times you'll need to pay for certification and papers. You can also watch tutorials on YouTube. Also there are plenty helpful apps that you can download to Help you along.