Litecoin (LTC)

Hova

Credits
Litecoin is another cryptocurrency that is generated by mining. It was launched in October of 2011 by a former Google engineer Charles Lee who also works for Coinbase. The blockchain in LTC can handle much more volume of transactions compared to it's counterpart BTC. Miners are rewarded with 50 LTC per block and like BTC it gets halved every 4 years. There is currently 84 million LTC which is four times the number of BTC.

KellyGeo

Credits
I have known about Litecoin from my run in with Bitcoin. It's almost built in the same way, only that Litecoin was designed to offer more than what Bitcoin offers when it comes to smart contracts and speedy transactions. I have not tried mining Litecoin but it looks like a good cryptocurrency to look up to.

Hova

Credits
I have known about Litecoin from my run in with Bitcoin. It's almost built in the same way, only that Litecoin was designed to offer more than what Bitcoin offers when it comes to smart contracts and speedy transactions. I have not tried mining Litecoin but it looks like a good cryptocurrency to look up to.
The faster transactions is something that has got many miners hooked to Litecoin. I mean LTC can process 56 transactions per second while Bitcoin can only handle 7 transactions per second.

KellyGeo

Credits
The faster transactions is something that has got many miners hooked to Litecoin. I mean LTC can process 56 transactions per second while Bitcoin can only handle 7 transactions per second.
You are very much correct about that. Nobody likes to waste much time in mining up these cryptocurrency, so the faster it comes, the more better it becomes. And looking at the increased number of Litecoin available to be mined shows how interesting the coin is.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
You are very much correct about that. Nobody likes to waste much time in mining up these cryptocurrency, so the faster it comes, the more better it becomes. And looking at the increased number of Litecoin available to be mined shows how interesting the coin is.
I read an article today that said something like Bitcoin was the biggest Ponzi scheme to come around in the last 20 years or so. The person that wrote the article said something that digital currency was nothing more than a pump and dump Ponzi scheme, and it should be treated as such, and what would the difference be between BitCoin and LiteCoin? LiteCoin sounds like it would have been a spin-off from the digital currency tree or from BitCoin Itself.

KellyGeo

Credits
I read an article today that said something like Bitcoin was the biggest Ponzi scheme to come around in the last 20 years or so. The person that wrote the article said something that digital currency was nothing more than a pump and dump Ponzi scheme, and it should be treated as such, and what would the difference be between BitCoin and LiteCoin? LiteCoin sounds like it would have been a spin-off from the digital currency tree or from BitCoin Itself.
One thing which I know in this life is that we are all entitled to our own individual opinions on just about anything and nobody can actually stop us from expressing ourselves. So about the so called article done by a writer labeling it as a ponzi scheme is his opinion but that doesn't make it true because in my opinion, digital currency is here to stay for the foreseeable future with Bitcoin at the helm of all cryptocurrency. Litecoin is a spin off from Bitcoin blockchain, it's what led to the introduction of other cryptocurrency which Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ripples etc all fall under.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
One thing which I know in this life is that we are all entitled to our own individual opinions on just about anything and nobody can actually stop us from expressing ourselves. So about the so called article done by a writer labeling it as a ponzi scheme is his opinion but that doesn't make it true because in my opinion, digital currency is here to stay for the foreseeable future with Bitcoin at the helm of all cryptocurrency. Litecoin is a spin off from Bitcoin blockchain, it's what led to the introduction of other cryptocurrency which Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ripples etc all fall under.
fair enough. I do not know how the article writer was seeing things from his own perspective, and people do have different points of views across all spectrums, and to be honest, we are not knowledgeable enough to swing either way because we do not really follow any type of digital currency, and it could be that the writer got scammed out of some bitcoins, thus wrote the article about BitCoin or digital currency being a Ponzi scheme. The investment site of digital currency will always have some level of risk and be shaky, however, bitcoin does appear to be popular as many sites accept some form of digital currency.

KellyGeo

Credits
fair enough. I do not know how the article writer was seeing things from his own perspective, and people do have different points of views across all spectrums, and to be honest, we are not knowledgeable enough to swing either way because we do not really follow any type of digital currency, and it could be that the writer got scammed out of some bitcoins, thus wrote the article about BitCoin or digital currency being a Ponzi scheme. The investment site of digital currency will always have some level of risk and be shaky, however, bitcoin does appear to be popular as many sites accept some form of digital currency.
Now, this is very understandable should the article writer be talking from the point of view of being scammed in the name of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency investment. Believe me when I tell you that there are so many cryptocurrency exchange sites that are all total scam and fraud, and once you fall into their net trap by investing, all your money is gone.

I had one experience a few years ago when I heard about Bitcoin, I didn't have have information how the whole digital currency and blockchain works and I was convinced to invest through someone. He actually registered me in one site, gave me a software blockchain wallet but over a period of time, nothing was accessible on that site, including the wallet. So if I happen to analyze Bitcoin from that experience, I would also term it a ponzi and scam but I know better today.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Now, this is very understandable should the article writer be talking from the point of view of being scammed in the name of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency investment. Believe me when I tell you that there are so many cryptocurrency exchange sites that are all total scam and fraud, and once you fall into their net trap by investing, all your money is gone.

I had one experience a few years ago when I heard about Bitcoin, I didn't have have information how the whole digital currency and blockchain works and I was convinced to invest through someone. He actually registered me in one site, gave me a software blockchain wallet but over a period of time, nothing was accessible on that site, including the wallet. So if I happen to analyze Bitcoin from that experience, I would also term it a ponzi and scam but I know better today.
It is a known fact that some people may even embellish their article or review, and this happens a lot when you read reviews that relate to software, and the review will make their product sound much better then it again is, and this can also happen when emotions are involved as people do leave negative reviews that may not be very factual, and therefore, when you read an article you find online, then just take that information with a grain of salt, and it could be that this person made an investment, and got ripped out, so when he writes his article/review, then his goal is just to give the entire industry a black-eye because one site ripped him off, and this is what happens if you allow your emotions to control your writing, so rahter then blaming the particular site that ripped him off, then it is easier for him just to blame the entire digital currency industry as fraud or complete ripoff.

Heatman

Credits
From my knowledge on Bitcoin, I only know that with how the blockchain technology used in creating the digital currency was set up, that it gave room for the introduction of other cryptocurrency which we have today and still more that are coming out on daily basis. If you happen to follow the trend of how many cryptocurrency we have today, you would be amazed by the data you would arrive at. Litecoin is just also an extension of Bitcoin but in a lower version in order to make it easier for people to buy and trade with it when compared to the cost of dealing with Bitcoin.

KellyGeo

Credits
It is a known fact that some people may even embellish their article or review, and this happens a lot when you read reviews that relate to software, and the review will make their product sound much better then it again is, and this can also happen when emotions are involved as people do leave negative reviews that may not be very factual, and therefore, when you read an article you find online, then just take that information with a grain of salt, and it could be that this person made an investment, and got ripped out, so when he writes his article/review, then his goal is just to give the entire industry a black-eye because one site ripped him off, and this is what happens if you allow your emotions to control your writing, so rahter then blaming the particular site that ripped him off, then it is easier for him just to blame the entire digital currency industry as fraud or complete ripoff.
Exactly, you have a very good point there. It's likely obvious that the individual in question made a bad investment in cryptocurrency just like I did years ago and he ended up losing money. For the record, it was actually his mistake to start with if we are looking critically on how he got scammed. He was probably looking at making millions of dollars in a short period of time and he ended being duped.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
From my knowledge on Bitcoin, I only know that with how the blockchain technology used in creating the digital currency was set up, that it gave room for the introduction of other cryptocurrency which we have today and still more that are coming out on daily basis. If you happen to follow the trend of how many cryptocurrency we have today, you would be amazed by the data you would arrive at. Litecoin is just also an extension of Bitcoin but in a lower version in order to make it easier for people to buy and trade with it when compared to the cost of dealing with Bitcoin.
and this is where our knowledgeable members will come in handy, Digital Global does not know anything about digital currency, and does not mean we know everything either, and this is where other members come in, so feel free to create new threads, and educate our members that maybe into Bitcoin, or some other form of digital currency, as this is why we set up these categories so members can learn different things from each other, and when our forum members run into digital currency scams, then they should put these reviews in order to warn other members about such scams.

KellyGeo

Credits
and this is where our knowledgeable members will come in handy, Digital Global does not know anything about digital currency, and does not mean we know everything either, and this is where other members come in, so feel free to create new threads, and educate our members that maybe into Bitcoin, or some other form of digital currency, as this is why we set up these categories so members can learn different things from each other, and when our forum members run into digital currency scams, then they should put these reviews in order to warn other members about such scams.
Cryptocurrency is a hot trend in the world today, in as much as some countries are not in support of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, it still doesn't take away the fact that other countries are really embracing the use of digital currency for any kind of transaction purposes. So therefore, having said that, getting more content on cryptocurrency published in the forum, it's definitely going to do the forum good deed.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Cryptocurrency is a hot trend in the world today, in as much as some countries are not in support of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, it still doesn't take away the fact that other countries are really embracing the use of digital currency for any kind of transaction purposes. So therefore, having said that, getting more content on cryptocurrency published in the forum, it's definitely going to do the forum good deed.
Maybe one day, then our forum will get members that will be able to write about digital currency in more detail. It is better to have 100 members that know 100 different things, then 1 person that knows nothing, and right now, I know nothing, ROFL, so we need those 100 extra members to teach us all.

Heatman

Credits
I'm really trying my best to add contents where and when I can give a good job. I have actually created one content on cryptocurrency about some of these coins that came up after Bitcoin was launched in 2009 but maybe others haven't noticed it yet.

Feel free to look at the content here https://digitalglobal.com/community/threads/other-cryptocurrency-altcoins.248/

I tried to the best of my knowledge on these coins and hopefully, I will get better and add more.

KellyGeo

Credits
Maybe one day, then our forum will get members that will be able to write about digital currency in more detail. It is better to have 100 members that know 100 different things, then 1 person that knows nothing, and right now, I know nothing, ROFL, so we need those 100 extra members to teach us all.
Personally, I would appreciate having such members on the forum as well because I'm always looking for the opportunity to learn more about digital currency and cryptocurrency because I have reasons to believe that in the future, digital currency and cryptocurrency will rival fiat currency so much that it may replace it to a higher level.

KellyGeo

Credits
I'm really trying my best to add contents where and when I can give a good job. I have actually created one content on cryptocurrency about some of these coins that came up after Bitcoin was launched in 2009 but maybe others haven't noticed it yet.

Feel free to look at the content here https://digitalglobal.com/community/threads/other-cryptocurrency-altcoins.248/

I tried to the best of my knowledge on these coins and hopefully, I will get better and add more.
@Heatman I didn't manage to see that your content on cryptocurrency, I must have missed it just like you assumed but I'm definitely going to have a look at it and see the information about cryptocurrency I would likely acquire from the content. Thanks so much for your efforts so far in the forum, you are doing wonderful job for the site.

Heatman

Credits
@Heatman I didn't manage to see that your content on cryptocurrency, I must have missed it just like you assumed but I'm definitely going to have a look at it and see the information about cryptocurrency I would likely acquire from the content. Thanks so much for your efforts so far in the forum, you are doing wonderful job for the site.
Thanks for the compliment @KellyGeo, it means a lot to me, and will definitely make me keep doing my best because I can see that my efforts on the forum are being appreciated. Once I get the time to source up information through research on another content idea, I will definitely add it to the list.

Good job to us all.

KellyGeo

Credits
Thanks for the compliment @KellyGeo, it means a lot to me, and will definitely make me keep doing my best because I can see that my efforts on the forum are being appreciated. Once I get the time to source up information through research on another content idea, I will definitely add it to the list.

Good job to us all.
You are very welcome my friend, you deserve all the compliments because it's just not easy to create high-quality content on the forum from time to time, and not everyone has the skill and ability to create new content, so for those who are good at it, they deserve all the credit that is being accorded to them. You are one of such person my friend @Heatman, I do hope you keep it up for a longer period of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatman

Credits
You are very welcome my friend, you deserve all the compliments because it's just not easy to create high-quality content on the forum from time to time, and not everyone has the skill and ability to create new content, so for those who are good at it, they deserve all the credit that is being accorded to them. You are one of such person my friend @Heatman, I do hope you keep it up for a longer period of time.
We are entering a new week, so I think it's going to be nice to add another new review to the forum. I'm not sure yet on what to write on but before the new week runs out, I promise to add at least 2 new reviews to the site. The reason why I take time to write reviews is that it's not something to be rushed, unlike off-topic contents which I can close my eyes and write. @DGStaff laid emphasis sometime ago about the importance of adding more on-topic content, so it's the reason why I faced at doing reviews.

Last edited by a moderator: