The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

making money on freelancing sites

chameli

Credits
Freelancing sites are the sites where contractors post jobs and freelancer apply for the jobs. The contractors can hire workers, where as freelancers can make money by working on the jobs posted by the contractors. One of the most trusted freelancer sites is upwork. On upwork you can find jobs on variety of niches. Another good site for freelancers is fiverr. On fiver you can create a gig to sell your products and services and you make money by selling your gigs.

Junrose123

Credits
I have tried some freelancing sites before but sadly I have no luck in it. I find it to be really hard to be accepted that is why I lost the motivation to be in it. I just focus now on other sites that gives me better opportunities to earn more even in just small amount of money.

Gabbar

Credits
These websites do pay really well but we need to be up to the mark to accept work /Projects and compete to earn money. Fiverr is a very good website and many like to work on it to earn from clients.

moh254

Credits
The main problem with freelance sites is getting clients and have heard several people complaining about this. I personally have never tried freelancing sites and with introduction of tax of freelancers by the government pushed me away.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
The main problem with freelance sites is getting clients and have heard several people complaining about this. I personally have never tried freelancing sites and with introduction of tax of freelancers by the government pushed me away.
When it comes to any type of freelance marketplace, then their will always be winners and losers, however, the hardest part of a new freelancer is getting business as a newbie, as you gain more business/clients, then you start climbing the later, and this means you are climbing the ladder, then someone else maybe falling off the ladder.

It is a proven fact that buyers tend not to buy from new freelancers/sellers, unless, the seller has really something the buyer is looking for, and this can come down to exactly what you have to offer, how your word your products/services, and your price points. Do you offer something better then the next person, if not, maybe you can word it better then the other person.

im sorry to say, there will be more losers then winners, and it does not matter if you are on upwork, peopleperhour, fiverr, etc. what you offer, and how you offer it may determine if you will be winner, and a whole lot of luck. If you turn out to be a popular seller, then that also will give you a very huge advantage over others, as you get pushed up, and others get pushed down.

chameli

Credits
Yes you can make money on freelancing sites, you can even earn a full time income through freelance sites. However, you need to have special skills. If you have skills like web programming, animation etc. you wil aways find better earning opportunities. You also need to be active on number of sites.

Junrose123

Credits
I agree that taxes are also one of the problem when working as a freelancer because we really need to pay for it even though we are just earning less from it which is something that can affects our earnings.