Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 115 more

[ DG ] Making Money Online with Direct Sales

Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
These days there are countless men and women looking for ways to earn an income from home, maybe it is to be home more for their kids or to just have more freedom overall earning money on the internet is a very attractive idea, So how about direct sales? Long gone are the days where you need to have home parties to be successful.

What Do You Want to Sell

First things first, you need to decide what you want to sell as there are countless things that you can sell from home including personal care items to food to personal defense items. You just need to find out what you are truly excited about selling and invest in a starter kit. Most companies offer the opportunity to start your own business for under $100, and there are many methods of making online, however, you just have to find the right niche that may be right for you.

How Will You Get Sales

The great thing about direct sales is that you do not need to try to book home parties to be successful; These days you can throw parties online in chat rooms and social media platforms like Facebook. You really don't have to even leave your house if you are willing to work your business online. There are so many other ways you can market your business offline as well. You can do things like sign up for vendor shows and do home parties just as a couple examples.

Keep in Mind the Following

If you are going to make the jump into direct sales, you are going to want to remember things like quotas you have to meet, advertising restrictions for your business and website fees. This way you know exactly what you are getting into with your direct sales business as you don't want any unexpected surprises while you are trying to build your business.

Direct sales can be a very viable way for someone to make money online. You just need to be prepared to invest and work your business so that you will become successful. Can you sell ice to an Eskimo in dead winter? If so, then direct sales might be for you, however, you still may have to start at the ground level in order to build your direct sales marketing team, and if have certain skills in selling to others, then direct sales might be just for you and your family so you can buy the things you want.

Last edited:

Heatman

Credits
I have a friend who is into direct sales and she makes good amount of money from it. She makes use of the social media Instagram to get her potential customers who then request for her products. She deals on hair wig that are designed and crafted by her. It's such a wonderful business for her. I'm looking at the possibility of suggesting starting a souvenirs direct sales business because I saw one advertisement about it and it looks very interesting.

Kieranlewix

Credits
These days there are countless men and women looking for ways to earn an income from home, maybe it is to be home more for their kids or to just have more freedom overall earning money on the internet is a very attractive idea, So how about direct sales? Long gone are the days where you need to have home parties to be successful.

What Do You Want to Sell

First things first, you need to decide what you want to sell as there are countless things that you can sell from home including personal care items to food to personal defense items. You just need to find out what you are truly excited about selling and invest in a starter kit. Most companies offer the opportunity to start your own business for under $100, and there are many methods of making online, however, you just have to find the right niche that may be right for you.

How Will You Get Sales

The great thing about direct sales is that you do not need to try to book home parties to be successful; These days you can throw parties online in chat rooms and social media platforms like Facebook. You really don't have to even leave your house if you are willing to work your business online. There are so many other ways you can market your business offline as well. You can do things like sign up for vendor shows and do home parties just as a couple examples.

Keep in Mind the Following

If you are going to make the jump into direct sales, you are going to want to remember things like quotas you have to meet, advertising restrictions for your business and website fees. This way you know exactly what you are getting into with your direct sales business as you don't want any unexpected surprises while you are trying to build your business.

Direct sales can be a very viable way for someone to make money online. You just need to be prepared to invest and work your business so that you will become successful. Can you sell ice to an Eskimo in dead winter? If so, then direct sales might be for you, however, you still may have to start at the ground level in order to build your direct sales marketing team, and if have certain skills in selling to others, then direct sales might be just for you and your family so you can buy the things you want.
From what I have read, direct sales are simply eliminating the affiliate marketer and doing the marketing of products yourself, your products. Such an endeavor would be costly and definitely needs more work. For one, coming up with an idea of what you want to sell would take lots of time and so would setting up after starting the business. It would also be harder to sell your goods because as opposed to affiliate marketing, these are YOUR goods, and you have to attach lots of emotion behind them. When a customer returns your goods, or simply just changes their mind about buying them, it would hurt, and the temptation to lash out maybe a little too overwhelming.

Last edited by a moderator:

KellyGeo

Credits
Yes, it's true that one can make money from engaging in a direct sales business, but one should be aware that it requires a good amount of work too because you still have to promote your business in order to get more people that would likely take interest in what you are offering.

Credits
From what I have read, direct sales are simply eliminating the affiliate marketer and doing the marketing of products yourself, your products. Such an endeavour would be costly, and definitely needs more work. For one, coming up with an idea of what you want to sell would take lots of time and so would setting up after starting the business. It would also be harder to sell your goods because as opposed to affiliate marketing, these are YOUR goods, and you have to attach lots of emotion behind them. When a customer returns your goods, or simply just changes their mind about buying them, it would hurt, and the temptation to lash out may be a little to overwhelming.
I do not think I would want to get involved with direct selling, not only that, I probably could not sell water to a thirsty man, and if you can not do that, then you are not a very good sells person, and direct selling does require face to face interaction, and I am not talking to anyone about anything, ROFL.

KellyGeo

Credits
I do not think I would want to get involved with direct selling, not only that, I probably could not sell water to a thirsty man, and if you can not do that, then you are not a very good sells person, and direct selling does require face to face interaction, and I am not talking to anyone about anything, ROFL.
Haha, you are very funny @DGStaff, how can you not sell water to a thirsty man? Believe me when I tell you that water is a very hot commodity over here in my country. And with the kind of heat we experience here, there is no body who takes up water sales that doesn't make good amount of money on daily basis from such business. The only problem would be if you have difficulty interacting with people in a face to face encounter, then such business would be hard to manage for you.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Haha, you are very funny @DGStaff, how can you not sell water to a thirsty man? Believe me when I tell you that water is a very hot commodity over here in my country. And with the kind of heat we experience here, there is no body who takes up water sales that doesn't make good amount of money on daily basis from such business. The only problem would be if you have difficulty interacting with people in a face to face encounter, then such business would be hard to manage for you.
What I am saying is that if you are not able to sale a thirsty man water that resides in the dessert, then you must not be a very good salesman, and you must be terrible if that thirsty man does not want to buy any water from you, in this case, the sales pitch should not be very difficult, and that is the point, if you can not make this kind of sale, then you are most likely in the wrong type of business, and more so since this would be considered direct selling.

KellyGeo

Credits
What I am saying is that if you are not able to sale a thirsty man water that resides in the dessert, then you must not be a very good salesman, and you must be terrible if that thirsty man does not want to buy any water from you, in this case, the sales pitch should not be very difficult, and that is the point, if you can not make this kind of sale, then you are most likely in the wrong type of business, and more so since this would be considered direct selling.
Oh, now I understand perfectly what you are referring to about selling water to a thirsty man in the desert. It's definitely a direct selling business approach that would be employed in such situations. In such business condition or circumstances, should the salesman fail to convince the thirsty man who needs water so bad already to purchase his product, then it's likely obvious the salesman's business selling strategy isn't working well. The same thing is applicable in affiliate marketing, the affiliate marketer must develop a good promotion and selling strategy to get the potential customers to purchase using his affiliate marketing link.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Oh, now I understand perfectly what you are referring to about selling water to a thirsty man in the desert. It's definitely a direct selling business approach that would be employed in such situations. In such business condition or circumstances, should the salesman fail to convince the thirsty man who needs water so bad already to purchase his product, then it's likely obvious the salesman's business selling strategy isn't working well. The same thing is applicable in affiliate marketing, the affiliate marketer must develop a good promotion and selling strategy to get the potential customers to purchase using his affiliate marketing link.
I think direct sells is much tougher than any other type of market, and you have to be good at convincing people to buy what you are selling. It was not all that long ago when I had a vacuum cleaner person that showed up at my door trying to sell me a vacuum, and he was very good with his sales pitch, however, I did end up returning the vacuum as I felt it was just another over-priced vacuum, and did not want to take on another $1500 in credit just to buy a vacuum, and one of his scams was that his company was sending him on a luxury vacation, and he needed one more sale, and what he said turned out to be a scam, his company was not sending him on a trip, however, he was preying on your emotions in order to buy the vacuum cleaner, and I somewhat feel sorry for him, he has to go around telling lies in order to make another sale, so he will feel better about himself, so direct selling would not be for me, would not be able to sleep at night.

Heatman

Credits
Finding the right words and marketing strategies to use in persuading prospective clients and customers to patronize one's products and services is key to actually making a decent sales. When you lack the best words and strategies to use for selling and promoting your business brand to the public, you have already failed in the business venture.

KellyGeo

Credits
Finding the right words and marketing strategies to use in persuading prospective clients and customers to patronize one's products and services is key to actually making a decent sales. When you lack the best words and strategies to use for selling and promoting your business brand to the public, you have already failed in the business venture.
Exactly, you had my point well understood very well. Having all the business plans and setting up a good business would all be useless if you fail to find the best way or medium to get the information about the business passed across to your intended audience, it would mean all the business efforts are all in vain because there would be no one to sell to. Marketing and promoting of one's business in the right manner is the best way to get the business going and also in keep in business for over a long period of time.

KellyGeo

Credits
I think direct sells is much tougher than any other type of market, and you have to be good at convincing people to buy what you are selling. It was not all that long ago when I had a vacuum cleaner person that showed up at my door trying to sell me a vacuum, and he was very good with his sales pitch, however, I did end up returning the vacuum as I felt it was just another over-priced vacuum, and did not want to take on another $1500 in credit just to buy a vacuum, and one of his scams was that his company was sending him on a luxury vacation, and he needed one more sale, and what he said turned out to be a scam, his company was not sending him on a trip, however, he was preying on your emotions in order to buy the vacuum cleaner, and I somewhat feel sorry for him, he has to go around telling lies in order to make another sale, so he will feel better about himself, so direct selling would not be for me, would not be able to sleep at night.
I have actually noticed one thing when it comes to convincing someone to buy something. It appears that it's a lot more difficult to get someone to believe you in a direct sales than when it comes to online. It would take like the ends of the earth before one can be able to preach to a client before the client would consider buying the product but when it comes to online sales, it always seems to be a lot easier. What causes such in marketing of products and services?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
I have actually noticed one thing when it comes to convincing someone to buy something. It appears that it's a lot more difficult to get someone to believe you in a direct sales than when it comes to online. It would take like the ends of the earth before one can be able to preach to a client before the client would consider buying the product but when it comes to online sales, it always seems to be a lot easier. What causes such in marketing of products and services?
It stands to reason that most people do not like a sales pitch, it is a turn-off, and people tend to the run the other way, so if you want that sale, then you what you need to do is convince people to buy without throwing them some sort of hardcore pitch, and what you say in words can have a positive or negative effect, and that is why you need a professional copywriting to create the content that will convey your message in a way that your sales page is not throwing out another sales pitch, and personally, I do not like to be sold too, however, if your sales page solves my problem, then I would be more likely to buy your product or service, however, if you tell me to buy the product just because you want to make a sale, then that does not work for me.

KellyGeo

Credits
It stands to reason that most people do not like a sales pitch, it is a turn-off, and people tend to the run the other way, so if you want that sale, then you what you need to do is convince people to buy without throwing them some sort of hardcore pitch, and what you say in words can have a positive or negative effect, and that is why you need a professional copywriting to create the content that will convey your message in a way that your sales page is not throwing out another sales pitch, and personally, I do not like to be sold too, however, if your sales page solves my problem, then I would be more likely to buy your product or service, however, if you tell me to buy the product just because you want to make a sale, then that does not work for me.
Different people see business selling messages in a very different way, so therefore care must be taken in composing such messages as if it's structured and presented in a way that people feel they are being sold to, they are most likely to lose interest in the product which affects such business in a very negative way. When you lack the expertise to create a good and standard product selling message, it's best to outsource the job and get the best.

Heatman

Credits
Exactly, you had my point well understood very well. Having all the business plans and setting up a good business would all be useless if you fail to find the best way or medium to get the information about the business passed across to your intended audience, it would mean all the business efforts are all in vain because there would be no one to sell to. Marketing and promoting of one's business in the right manner is the best way to get the business going and also in keep in business for over a long period of time.
Every business lives for its customers or clients and it's only the right thing to do when you try to give everything in making sure that the business products updates reaches the target audience as and when needed through the best possible medium they would have confidence in. I have come to understand that some people are more willing to be convinced hearing about a product in a particular medium and not just from anywhere. So therefore, it's in the business owners interest to find out a credible source people would believe the business information being passed.

KellyGeo

Credits
Every business lives for its customers or clients and it's only the right thing to do when you try to give everything in making sure that the business products updates reaches the target audience as and when needed through the best possible medium they would have confidence in. I have come to understand that some people are more willing to be convinced hearing about a product in a particular medium and not just from anywhere. So therefore, it's in the business owners interest to find out a credible source people would believe the business information being passed.
Yes, I believe that you have a very good point discussed here. Just like in news gathering, there are so many news medium available but there are particular medium where one see see such news, they are going to take it took, line and sinker. So therefore, in passing across business project news, efforts should be made in using the right avenue to achieve better results.

Heatman

Credits
Yes, I believe that you have a very good point discussed here. Just like in news gathering, there are so many news medium available but there are particular medium where one see see such news, they are going to take it took, line and sinker. So therefore, in passing across business project news, efforts should be made in using the right avenue to achieve better results.
Just like the forum Digital Global is getting authority now and getting lots of organic traffic from the reviews that are being carried out on the site, in no distant time the forum would be the first place clients would come for any project or services that the sites offers.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Just like the forum Digital Global is getting authority now and getting lots of organic traffic from the reviews that are being carried out on the site, in no distant time the forum would be the first place clients would come for any project or services that the sites offers.
I would not say we are getting lots of traffic at the moment; The other day, I think there were 3-4 users on at the same time, and that only lasted for a brief period of time; A good sign to look for is if you see a lot of spiders on the site, then that may imply traffic may not be that far behind, and when new visitors appear on the site, then it seems new spiders appear also, however, I am not absolutely sure, but that seems to be the pattern, and once the new custom theme comes out which should be in another 2-3 weeks, then maybe we will get even more traffic to the forum.

KellyGeo

Credits
I would not say we are getting lots of traffic at the moment; The other day, I think there were 3-4 users on at the same time, and that only lasted for a brief period of time; A good sign to look for is if you see a lot of spiders on the site, then that may imply traffic may not be that far behind, and when new visitors appear on the site, then it seems new spiders appear also, however, I am not absolutely sure, but that seems to be the pattern, and once the new custom theme comes out which should be in another 2-3 weeks, then maybe we will get even more traffic to the forum.
We are getting there step by step and as long as we keep improving with our dedicated work on the forum, there is an increased possibility of getting such traffic sooner than later.

While we wait on the custom theme to be released within 2 to 3 weeks time which is not a long period, so things might turn out to favor the forum as we expected.

Heatman

Credits
If I'm permitted to ask, what's been the delay with the custom theme up till now because I believe that the issue had been discussed somewhere in the forum, and it was said to be coming up anytime soon? It's not that I'm being too impatient since it's just about 2-3 weeks and it would come just like you stated, I'm of the point that anything that the forum needs to help push up its progress should be hurried and added, in order to move up things. The organic traffic we are going to getting through new contents will still be coming as long as we keep up with our jobs.