The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 38 more

Making Money With Your Photos

Credits
If you like photography and have been snapping a lot photos lately then you could monetize all the photos you have taken by selling these on several sites and apps like:
1. Getty Images
2. EyeEm
3. Foap
4. Snapwire

Credits
Wow! I never knew that there is such an application that. I'll check it out later. I love taking pictures but I believe, this is only for photographers which can be able to capture good angle of the scenery.
Actually I've tried the sites but it's really hard to sell photographs in these sites, I've uploaded a hundred photos and haven't sold a single one. I guess you're right, you have to be a professional with really great photos for you to sell one.

Heatman

Credits
I would recommend using Shutterstock, even though it's selling rate is low but it's worth trying it out. If I could upload a picture of my friend's account on the site with his earnings from uploading to the site, it would serve as some sort of evidence for more people to join the site.

I have managed to upload the picture to my Twitter account and I'm going to insert the link here. You can easily check it out.

Last edited:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
If you like photography and have been snapping a lot photos lately then you could monetize all the photos you have taken by selling these on several sites and apps like:
1. Getty Images
2. EyeEm
3. Foap
4. Snapwire
I am not sure how familiar you are with the Getty family or not, but J Paul Getty started out in the oil business back in the 70's during that time his grandson J Paul Getty III was kidnapped by Italian mob, without going into the entire story, and you can watch the movie called "All the money in the world." After the grandson is rescued, his grandfather dies of a heart attack or some form of related heart disease. During the kidding of his grandson J Paul Getty III, his ear was cut of in order to show the Getty family that the Italian mob meant business; According to the story, the randon was paid, and Jr was returned to the family, minus his ear. J Paul III dies at 54 back in 2011 mainly because drug use caused him to have a heart attack.

Mark Getty was the co-founder of Getty images which is also a member of the Getty family; Mark Getty was the younger brother of J Paul Getty III which was kidnapped by Calabrian gangsters which were part of the Italian Mafia. The story has portrayed the old man J Paul Getty to be a greedy businessman that had a hard time of letting go of any of his fortune in order for his own family member to be returned. The old man finally did cough up 3 million dollars for his grandson to be released; Overall, this story behind this bitter old man just blew my mind. Watch the movie!

Kieranlewix

Credits
Actually I've tried the sites but it's really hard to sell photographs in these sites, I've uploaded a hundred photos and haven't sold a single one. I guess you're right, you have to be a professional with really great photos for you to sell one.
I have tried Foap and Markedshot and to be honest, the experience was terrible. When I heard there was a gig as easy as taking quality photos and uploading them, I was delighted because I had just bought myself an Infinix Zero 3 phone with a 20.5 MP camera. I took lots of photos and uploaded them to both of the apps. I waited for months but none were being bought. I saved a lot of money and bought a camera for 300 bucks. Still, my photos were not bought. I counted my losses and moved on. Tough luck I guess.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I have tried Foap and Markedshot and to be honest, the experience was terrible. When I heard there was a gig as easy as taking quality photos and uploading them, I was delighted because I had just bought myself an Infinix Zero 3 phone with a 20.5 MP camera. I took lots of photos and uploaded them to both of the apps. I waited for months but none were being bought. I saved a lot of money and bought a camera for 300 bucks. Still, my photos were not bought. I counted my losses and moved on. Tough luck I guess.
I have always wanted a nice camera, however, I kept asking myself, why? ROFL, there is nothing exciting enough in my life that I can really take photos of and I never bought a camera, and continue to use the crappy camera on my phone, and I would imagine that you are not alone either, there are people that travel the world with high-quality cameras, and you really have to capture that moment in time that has never been captured before, and I suppose a $300 camera would be a good starter camera, but camera photographers have $1000s of dollars in high tech gear to capture that moment, and you are right, even taking photos for money can be compeitive, because everyone is trying to do it, and it has to be a difficut market, and popular sellers will no doubt sell more.