Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 113 more

Money Making Online Myths that You Need to Forget About

Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
With so many people looking to make money online, it can be difficult to think that you are going to be successful especially with all the online money making myths out there. You can really have a difficult time thinking that you will be able to make money if you fall for any of these myths. Here are several online money making myths that you should forget about.

You Have to Have Excellent Computer Skills to Make Any Money

Many people believe that you have to be a master of computer skills to be able to make any money. The truth of the matter is that with so many different money making options out there, people of all skill sets can make money online. You don't have to be a master computer programmer as you can definitely find something that you can handle doing that will help you make money online.

You Have to Be Online All the Time to Make Any Money

Another myth that needs to be forgotten about is that you need to be online all the time in order to make any money. This is not true at all as there are many online money making options that can be automated so you can make money even if you are sleeping. Yes, you do need to spend time online in order to make money however you do not have to be online constantly in order to pull in an income.

You Need a Degree to Be Successful

Many people believe that you need to have a degree to have any chance of making money online. This is not the case at all as many people without a college degree are making money online. You just need to find the right money making opportunity for you and be prepared to work hard and you have just as good of a chance of making money as anyone else.

Online money making myths can cause a lot of frustration when you are trying to determine if you can make money online or not. If you are able to get to the bottom of myths like these, you will find that you will be a lot more successful in making money online.

Heatman

Credits
I have always laughed anytime I come across such myths about what one must have in one's arsenal before being able to make money online. They are all lies because with an average still of how to access the internet, one can easily make money. Take for instance with survey sites, it doesn't require much computer still, just fill the surveys and submit then get paid.

Who says that you need to be a graduate before earning money online? This is 100% not true because I have never seen a site that requests for anyone's educational qualifications before getting registered and one definitely don't need to be online 24/7 before being able to make money online.

Kieranlewix

Credits
With so many people looking to make money online, it can be difficult to think that you are going to be successful especially with all the online money making myths out there. You can really have a difficult time thinking that you will be able to make money if you fall for any of these myths. Here are several online money making myths that you should forget about.

You Have to Have Excellent Computer Skills to Make Any Money

Many people believe that you have to be a master of computer skills to be able to make any money. The truth of the matter is that with so many different money making options out there, people of all skill sets can make money online. You don't have to be a master computer programmer as you can definitely find something that you can handle doing that will help you make money online.

You Have to Be Online All the Time to Make Any Money

Another myth that needs to be forgotten about is that you need to be online all the time in order to make any money. This is not true at all as there are many online money making options that can be automated so you can make money even if you are sleeping. Yes, you do need to spend time online in order to make money however you do not have to be online constantly in order to pull in an income.

Many people believe that you need to have a degree to have any chance of making money online. This is not the case at all as many people without a college degree are making money online. You just need to find the right money making opportunity for you and be prepared to work hard and you have just as good of a chance of making money as anyone else.

Online money making myths can cause a lot of frustration when you are trying to determine if you can make money online or not. If you are able to get to the bottom of myths like these, you will find that you will be a lot more successful in making money online.
Making money online is just like any other full-time job. In as much as the above qualifications are myths, it really depends on the online job you are taking, and the site that you are applying for. In the case of article writing sites, some demand that you provide a copy of your degree certificate while others just want a university transcript. Good computer skills are a plus when taking on gigs in the online pool, but they have to be spot on if you want to be a freelance web designer or programmer. Otherwise, all you need is to know how to type. As for staying online all the time, that's just a misguided belief that dies down once a person develops some experience in the online business pool.

KellyGeo

Credits
The myth where I'm going to give my opinion on is the one that says one would have to be online 24/7 before one can make money online. This is a complete lie because there is no way one would have to stay online 24/7 before being able to make money online. It all depends on how you want to work and how you want to earn. If you invest 3 to 5 hours everyday online, you can still get a good pay from your work.

Credits
The myth where I'm going to give my opinion on is the one that says one would have to be online 24/7 before one can make money online. This is a complete lie because there is no way one would have to stay online 24/7 before being able to make money online. It all depends on how you want to work and how you want to earn. If you invest 3 to 5 hours everyday online, you can still get a good pay from your work.
Your website would be up 24/7 or it should be, and it would not be uncommon for a new business to put in 12-15 hours per day, and I have actually heard of people doing this simply because it does take a long time for a new online business to get off the ground, and one site that comes to mind is an amazon affiliate camera site that started sometime back in the 2000s, and when I read his bio, he said he was spending 12 hours a day on his site, and I can somewhat see this, it would take a long time for him to write very extensive, and technical articles, and I am sure he now longer has to spend 12 hrs per day on his site as he has some of the top affiliate sites around, not only that, his camera affiliate site has very high authroity, so yes, he put in a lot of work on his site.

KellyGeo

Credits
Your website would be up 24/7 or it should be, and it would not be uncommon for a new business to put in 12-15 hours per day, and I have actually heard of people doing this simply because it does take a long time for a new online business to get off the ground, and one site that comes to mind is an amazon affiliate camera site that started sometime back in the 2000s, and when I read his bio, he said he was spending 12 hours a day on his site, and I can somewhat see this, it would take a long time for him to write very extensive, and technical articles, and I am sure he now longer has to spend 12 hrs per day on his site as he has some of the top affiliate sites around, not only that, his camera affiliate site has very high authroity, so yes, he put in a lot of work on his site.
It's true the any new business takes more effort before it gets off the ground. It's not something that you starts and won't invest more time into it, then there is no way it's going to make any breakthrough and progress. So therefore, a minimum of 12 hours a day would be appropriate for a new online business but it's not a must that the 12 hours would come in a one stretch. So anyhow the person can schedule to have the 12 hours used should be at the person's discretion.

NoviceNinja

Credits

I can agree with this one. It is a little surprising that the founders of some of the biggest tech companies in the world are guys who don't have college degrees.

When it comes to online work, what's essential is the SKILLS that you have and your WILLINGNESS TO LEARN new stuff. EXPERIENCE working from home will also come into play. Keep in mind that if you work from home, most of the time you are alone, so you have to be smart and resourceful. You would be overwhelmed by the number of tools and resources you will need to learn once you start working in this industry.

KellyGeo

Credits
I can agree with this one. It is a little surprising that the founders of some of the biggest tech companies in the world are guys who don't have college degrees.

When it comes to online work, what's essential is the SKILLS that you have and your WILLINGNESS TO LEARN new stuff. EXPERIENCE working from home will also come into play. Keep in mind that if you work from home, most of the time you are alone, so you have to be smart and resourceful. You would be overwhelmed by the number of tools and resources you will need to learn once you start working in this industry.
You have a very good points my friend, being successful online in making money doesn't have much to do with having a university degree. Just like you pointed out, working online probably from home, means that you mostly work alone, so what matters most is your ability to learn and how innovative you are. This is what would mostly give you an edge in pulling through on the job. Also, there are lots of online courses one can take and get the required skills to help him or her succeed in making money online.

Hova

Credits
Some people think making money online is a piece of cake. For example, you might decide to become a freelance with the idea that, since you are not working for anyone but yourself, that you are going to be able to do anything you want and hence make tons of money. Trust me, this is not the case. You are going to need to put in a lot of work and have buckets full of patience because success is not going to come overnight. It is going to take time.

Credits
Some people think making money online is a piece of cake. For example, you might decide to become a freelance with the idea that, since you are not working for anyone but yourself, that you are going to be able to do anything you want and hence make tons of money. Trust me, this is not the case. You are going to need to put in a lot of work and have buckets full of patience because success is not going to come overnight. It is going to take time.
No its not, and to give you an example, this forum is not currently set up to make money, however, DG Forum has been up for 3+ months, and still we have no significant user base, nor has the forum gotten very many signups over the last few months, and the few that have signed up simply have not been active, however, the forum is not really in a good position to be honest since the forum is on a sub-domain and there is no marketplace platform online that would attract more visitors to the site, and all we have right now is a forum with just over 2,000 posts.

and to answer your question, no it is not easy to make money, and to be honest, it is not easy if you are not trying to make money as I used the forum as an example, so you need to offer something that people are looking for. Is there demand for high-quality freelancers, absolutely! Assuming you already know what your skill is, then just up an attractive website offering your products and services, then you need to be able to market your products and services using AdWords, facebook, or some other advertising/promotion media, and I would strongly advise not using SEO unless you are going to be using SEO for long-term, if not, then you should learn about other types of promotion platforms such as AdWords or Facebook.

Meryemm

Credits
I have started working online just recently and I had so many wrong conceptions about it. I thought it was easy and too difficult at the same time.
Easy because you'd find work 24/7 and too difficult because you had to have some crazy skills and talents for you to be able to do any type of job.
But it turned out that you can't find work 24/7 and you don't have to be extraordinary, you just have to make efforts and maybe learn these skills that are demanded. And that you should learn how to sell your services! People won't just buy your services if you make them cheap or whatever.
It's all about content, high-quality content is the key to succeeding online.

Credits
I have started working online just recently and I had so many wrong conceptions about it. I thought it was easy and too difficult at the same time.
Easy because you'd find work 24/7 and too difficult because you had to have some crazy skills and talents for you to be able to do any type of job.
But it turned out that you can't find work 24/7 and you don't have to be extraordinary, you just have to make efforts and maybe learn these skills that are demanded. And that you should learn how to sell your services! People won't just buy your services if you make them cheap or whatever.
It's all about content, high-quality content is the key to succeeding online.
Sometimes it is not easy starting a business online, and you certainly have to up your game, and make sure you offer your clients the best you can provide, and you have to take care of them the best you can, otherwise, they will no longer be your clients, and sometimes it is not easy as clients can be really demanding, however, you have to put your foot down, and not allow them to run all over you either, because you want to make money just like anyone else, and I am sure your time is very valuable, so you want to respect your clients, and your clients need to respect you also, and if they can not, then maybe it is time to find other clients.

Credits
When I first came online I read a lot of myths about making money online and almost all you have pointed out are what I read. The most was one making big money overnight and I have come to realize that those bogus payment sites are mostly a scam.I wasted about 4 weeks on my life on those sites. Bottom line, we still need to work online to make money, no free money anywhere.