The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Movies and the economy

Kei

Credits
There was a time when the government in my country had nothing to do with the movie industry. However some years back, the government decided it was wise to incorporate this segment alongside, information and technology, Music Industry, telecommunications into the economic sector. In the year 2013, the country's gross domestic product rocketed from over 300 billion dollars to over 500 billion.

They have since been adding value to the economy. Directly and indirectly, they have employed over a million people. We now have a Minister for entertainment. The movie industry contributes up to 2% of the country's GDP.
How does the movie industry contribute to your countries economy?

Gabbar

Credits
Very nice to know about that. Your story is also related with our local pollywood or the Punjabi film Industry. Earlier there were many hit movies but after sometime, they stopped making any movies and I think it was in 2007 or 2008 that a director took a gamble by making a movie and it came so good and that was the restart which our local movie and now its doing very well.

ahmedo24

Credits
There was a time when the government in my country had nothing to do with the movie industry. However some years back, the government decided it was wise to incorporate this segment alongside, information and technology, Music Industry, telecommunications into the economic sector. In the year 2013, the country's gross domestic product rocketed from over 300 billion dollars to over 500 billion.

They have since been adding value to the economy. Directly and indirectly, they have employed over a million people. We now have a Minister for entertainment. The movie industry contributes up to 2% of the country's GDP.
The challenge is that the government has not really put structures in place for the movie industry to produce their movies according to the international standards they just after the revenue they generate from the industry.

Kei

Credits
The challenge is that the government has not really put structures in place for the movie industry to produce their movies according to the international standards they just after the revenue they generate from the industry.
And this is sad. The directors and producers are doing well independently on their own though. They do not expect much from such a government hence more of the returns goes back to them if you take out the effects of piracy.

Gabbar

Credits
I think Government can provide some assistance by providing the required finance or tax exemption to movies and this will really boost the movie Industry and I have seen many movies which were exempted from any sort of tax by government and this helps.

ahmedo24

Credits
The movie industry is a big source of income generation to the government, all the government needs to do is to put in the right structures and logistics available for smooth running of the industry with these things in place, they can still run their taxation program

Gabbar

Credits
It can do anything. Movies are the greatest source or media to share good things and even advertise good initiatives. I'm not asking to make all movies Tax free but a few movies can be made Tax free like those related to Religion or life of a popular person etc. and this will also help a movie Industry to survive.

a_jerobon

Credits

That is a great plan for a country. People love entertainment a lot and investing in it can be so prolific to a country's economy. My country has not invested much in this sector but I think it is a great move.

Gabbar

Credits
Movies are a very important part of life and with that, they can easily spread the message across groups and even make them aware of different money making ways and even job opportunities and way to earn.

ahmedo24

Credits
No doubt movies are more like mobile schools that people watch any where to learn from, however the government needs to monitor the kind of movies that is been acted and spread so as to uphold Moral standards.

Kei

Credits
No doubt movies are more like mobile schools that people watch any where to learn from, however the government needs to monitor the kind of movies that is been acted and spread so as to uphold Moral standards.
You are absolutely right. This is why every industry must have a censor board. Movies meant for family consumption are always reviewed by this board and afterwards, they are assigned appropriate limit.

arunima25

Credits
In our country Bollywood is a huge Industry and has a direct effect on our economy. Even the local film industries of various states in our country are flourishing and contributing a lot to our country's economy on a whole. They provide employment to millions across the country and their contribution towards economy of the country is significant.

ahmedo24

Credits
I guess your country must have been supporting them with structures that will enhance their jobs. We look forward to such in our country.

Gabbar

Credits
In our country Bollywood is a huge Industry and has a direct effect on our economy. Even the local film industries of various states in our country are flourishing and contributing a lot to our country's economy on a whole. They provide employment to millions across the country and their contribution towards economy of the country is significant.
You are right about it. Earlier Pollywood or the Punjabi Movie Industry stopped making any movies but it was Manmohan Singh and Harbhajan maan who united and made movie " Jee Ayan nu" and it was a hit and it was the new beginning for our movie Industry.

A K Rao

Credits

That is indded a good move by your Government! in fact till few years back the movie making was not given a status of industry by Indian Government. Now having given the status there have been a lot of changes and international production houses are entring India to make Indian films, which is a good thing!

Gabbar

Credits
That is indded a good move by your Government! in fact till few years back the movie making was not given a status of industry by Indian Government. Now having given the status there have been a lot of changes and international production houses are entring India to make Indian films, which is a good thing!

This happened with Punjabi Movie Industry as well and glad now it's alive again and we are seeing many movies getting released on almost weekly basis and this does help in the growth of the economy.

ahmedo24

Credits
Most times, the economic team of the president are usually responsible for failure and success of government, if people knows economy value of movies no government will joke with movies industries in their respective countries.

Gabbar

Credits
Indian movie Industry was always good but in the recent years they are producing great movies and these have a good market in Other countries as well and it's helping the economy as well.

ahmedo24

Credits
Indian movie Industry was always good but in the recent years they are producing great movies and these have a good market in Other countries as well and it's helping the economy as well.
Yeah, Indian movies has been selling for a very long time, I am sure it is contributing a good percentage to your country's GDP most especially now that they advance both in quality and pattern of acting.

Gabbar

Credits
Yeah, Indian movies has been selling for a very long time, I am sure it is contributing a good percentage to your country's GDP most especially now that they advance both in quality and pattern of acting.
Yeah, most of the movies and even our local movies are released on the same time in different countries and this does help in the growth of the economy.