The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

My Case study with Amazon Affiliates programme

Kehsiba

Credits
I started my first amazon affiliate account in March 2018. At that time I was using a free domain and hosting which was provided by blogspot (blogger). Soon after I had started my first electrical and electronics engineering related blogging website. I don't want to spoil my professional looking website by including affiliate links at the start itself. After 4 months I had an exclusive website for affiliate marketing. But then only I came to know I need to make 3 three sales within 6 months.

Unfortunately, I got only one affiliate sales. The controversy is I didn't promote that product but a sale was made using my other product referral link.

The reason why am I sharing this case study is "Don't do affiliate marketing without getting minimal traffic". If you can make three sales within 6 months then you can do this.

Credits
I started my first amazon affiliate account in March 2018. At that time I was using a free domain and hosting which was provided by blogspot (blogger). Soon after I had started my first electrical and electronics engineering related blogging website. I don't want to spoil my professional looking website by including affiliate links at the start itself. After 4 months I had an exclusive website for affiliate marketing. But then only I came to know I need to make 3 three sales within 6 months.

Unfortunately, I got only one affiliate sales. The controversy is I didn't promote that product but a sale was made using my other product referral link.

The reason why am I sharing this case study is "Don't do affiliate marketing without getting minimal traffic". If you can make three sales within 6 months then you can do this.
Yes, you should always get targeted traffic before trying to monetize your site, and this goes for adsense also. I can not tell you how many people are so desperate to adding Adsense on day 1 which will not do any good as you always need traffic first, and once you have a decent level of traffic, then you should start thinking how you are going to monetize your site, and hopefully, you have done research on your niche in order to determine if it is going to be viable for you to make any money at all, so be sure you apply for Amazon affiliate program in the future once you think you have enough traffic that would get you those 3 sales.

Kehsiba

Credits
Yeah, I will open a new account surely and unlike Adsense Amazon Affiliate programme is allowing this new account. I got some experience in niche selection. So I think I can make a sale soon this time.

The sad part is I need to replace all my affiliate links on my old site.

Gabbar

Credits
It's best to start after preparing it and I don't think it's difficult to get 3 sales and you can even request your friends or family for that and it can be managed somehow. Good luck.

Credits
It's best to start after preparing it and I don't think it's difficult to get 3 sales and you can even request your friends or family for that and it can be managed somehow. Good luck.
that is not something I would recommend. If I am not mistaken, then that could violate terms of Amazon, in fact, I think those sales have to come from different IPs, so I would not recommend having family members make a purchase, and obviously not from the same family members living in the same house. Amazon is not stupid, if they see a family member making a purchase, then it could be a red flag, and his account could be banned, and if he gets banned, then he would not be able to use Amazon in the future, and he should read Amazon terms from top to bottom until he fully understands what he is reading as it is very easy to make a stupid mistake, and before you know it, your account is banned, then Amazon affiliate will be of no use to him.

Gabbar

Credits
that is not something I would recommend. If I am not mistaken, then that could violate terms of Amazon, in fact, I think those sales have to come from different IPs, so I would not recommend having family members make a purchase, and obviously not from the same family members living in the same house. Amazon is not stupid, if they see a family member making a purchase, then it could be a red flag, and his account could be banned, and if he gets banned, then he would not be able to use Amazon in the future, and he should read Amazon terms from top to bottom until he fully understands what he is reading as it is very easy to make a stupid mistake, and before you know it, your account is banned, then Amazon affiliate will be of no use to him.
Of course, I know that and that's why I mentioned this to a friend as well and these days you may see these private deals as well and you must have seen on micro-task websites where sellers want us to make good reviews and in return just pay us few cents so these all things are not legal but still many are trying these to earn well. I have no experience of that but I think most try to use these methods these days.

chameli

Credits
You should always put monetization of your site on the back seat. You should first contemplate on building contents and generating stable search traffic. Once you have moderate traffic, you can then monetize. My first affiliate account with amazon was terminated because I could not sell a single product in six months

Gabbar

Credits
I have studied the affiliate programme and I feel its too tough to earn from it. And the Items which are most popular won't give us any commission.

johnywalker

Credits
IN order to stay with Amazon Affiliate you need to make at least one sale in six months. If you cannot sell a product in six months, you will be kicked from the program. May people start with Amazon with very high hope, yet they quit because they earn nothing. Amazon is a well known ecommerce site, people will go to Amazon directly when they have to buy something. Therefore, it is difficult to sell Amazon products.

Gabbar

Credits
I think its not tough to make 1 or 2 sales in 6 months and they don't mind even if the sale isn't of a big amount so they can easily keep their accounts safe.

chameli

Credits
The only way to make a lot of money online without any big investment is affiliate marketing. However, you need a proper marketing strategies to make money with affiliate marketing. I have a parenting blog, on the blog I publish parenting related articles. I selected the porducts related to article and started promoting amazon products. I did receive traffic on my articles, I also received clicks on the listed products, however, there was no sales.

Gabbar

Credits
I think amazon isn't paying much to the affiliates and on few products which are most popular, there is no commission, so its not good.