Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 38 more

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I just logged in this morning and met the new theme and all I can say is that this looks very impressive and good.

Blue color is royalty, so in essence Digital Global Forum is royalty. Welcome @DigitalGlobal and @DGStaff for all the good job in the forum.
Sometimes you have to think out side the box, and that certainly is not easy on a forum, but this theme was a no brainer; This is a light-weight theme that is super clean, and very easy on the eyes, so if you are not into dark themes, and you want to keep it simple, then you can use this theme which is now set as the "default" theme, at least until the custom theme is ready, then that theme will be set as "default" and if you do not like this clean and simple theme, and you prefer the black "tactical" theme, then you are just a click away from changing to the theme that you actually like better.

KellyGeo

Credits
Sometimes you have to think out side the box, and that certainly is not easy on a forum, but this theme was a no brainer; This is a light-weight theme that is super clean, and very easy on the eyes, so if you are not into dark themes, and you want to keep it simple, then you can use this theme which is now set as the "default" theme, at least until the custom theme is ready, then that theme will be set as "default" and if you do not like this clean and simple theme, and you prefer the black "tactical" theme, then you are just a click away from changing to the theme that you actually like better.
I love the theme, I wouldn't be changing it until I see what the much awaited custom theme looks like. I hope it's a lot more better than this one, then I would have no problem falling in love with it and leaving this one behind but before that happens, let me savor the feeling of this one and enjoy posting with it.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I love the theme, I wouldn't be changing it until I see what the much awaited custom theme looks like. I hope it's a lot more better than this one, then I would have no problem falling in love with it and leaving this one behind but before that happens, let me savor the feeling of this one and enjoy posting with it.
This is probably one of the cleanest themes I have seen, and I have made it default, however, sites tend to use so-so free themes will most likely never find their place online, and there have been some exceptions such as craigslist, they have been using the same theme or something very similar for as long as they have been around, and have only made minor changes. If we use a free theme forever, even though it looks ok for a starter forum, then I do not think the site will go very far, and when DG does something, then it will not be small, and it will be far superior to this theme, and I will be able to see the new custom theme before it is placed online for the public, and the last I have heard is that the theme designer is finishing up the graphics/mockup, and to be honest, I am not really sure what that means other then the theme is being worked on, and I am hoping it will be ready by the end of the month.

KellyGeo

Credits
This is probably one of the cleanest themes I have seen, and I have made it default, however, sites tend to use so-so free themes will most likely never find their place online, and there have been some exceptions such as craigslist, they have been using the same theme or something very similar for as long as they have been around, and have only made minor changes. If we use a free theme forever, even though it looks ok for a starter forum, then I do not think the site will go very far, and when DG does something, then it will not be small, and it will be far superior to this theme, and I will be able to see the new custom theme before it is placed online for the public, and the last I have heard is that the theme designer is finishing up the graphics/mockup, and to be honest, I am not really sure what that means other then the theme is being worked on, and I am hoping it will be ready by the end of the month.
Yes very sure, the theme looks good and neat for free but just like you stated, anything free has its limitations and the same story is applicable to forums that makes use of free theme. Just like forums that makes use of free hosting, it has its advantages and disadvantages and probably DG is well aware of that, which is why I believe plans for the custom theme has been in progress for a while now and hopefully it's going to be done and dusted before next week.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Yes very sure, the theme looks good and neat for free but just like you stated, anything free has its limitations and the same story is applicable to forums that makes use of free theme. Just like forums that makes use of free hosting, it has its advantages and disadvantages and probably DG is well aware of that, which is why I believe plans for the custom theme has been in progress for a while now and hopefully it's going to be done and dusted before next week.
I am hoping for an update by the end of the week.