The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Piracy is illegal right?

Kei

Credits
We need to understand what piracy is. Piracy is the unauthorized duplication of copyrighted content or materials for personal use, lending or selling.

Piracy is a huge problem to the movie industries around the world and it is an active battle to curb it. There are different laws against piracy in countries around the world. Usually, it takes an average of six weeks before a producer sells the right of his movies to another party for their utilization.

This is only fair for them to frown at piracy since they do not get to make enough proceeds after their movie debut because of piracy. The copies are readily made available by pirates and people don't really care for originals.

Now some People are of the opinion that internet piracy or software piracy isn't theft at all. They say it doesn't affect the producers works much since they are not stolen content but rather copied content. It doesn't affect the sales of copies since the authority still retains original copies.

However, I think that it does affect sales since I wouldn't want to go ahead and buy one if I can always get a copy. What's your take on this?

Gabbar

Credits
Piracy is a demon and these days it's growing at a rapid pace. There are many websites from where this pirated content is available and that you free of cost. Government need to ban and block all such websites.

anorona

Credits
Piracy is one of the main problem of movie and music industry. Nowadays, people can easily pirate movies and songs with the help of technology. Though there is punishment for their act, it seems like they are not afraid for the consequences of what they do. It highly affects the sales because some would prefer watching movies and downloading music for free.

ahmedo24

Credits
Piracy is like a malaria parasite to movie and music industries especially in developing countries, the problem is long over due, I expect by now there should be ways to track people in this act, or could it be that the government is technically in support of it?

Gabbar

Credits
I feel role of government is very important and even we can help removing it. If we don't buy pirated movies, songs, music than the persons will be demotivated and it'll help in its removal.

Kei

Credits
I feel role of government is very important and even we can help removing it. If we don't buy pirated movies, songs, music than the persons will be demotivated and it'll help in its removal.
You are right. If we stopped buying or downloading pirated content because they are cheap and next to nothing, it would be much better for these industries. The government also has to act on the rules governing piracy.

Gabbar

Credits
You are right. If we stopped buying or downloading pirated content because they are cheap and next to nothing, it would be much better for these industries. The government also has to act on the rules governing piracy.
Government of India is banning and stopping access to websites which provides you pirated movies and songs and some more strictness will really help to save the Industry.

a_jerobon

Credits
Piracy is really a bad thing and all the governments in each country should lay down measures to deal with it. These days people feel more advantaged as they can get copied movies at cheaper prices, they do not think of the losses that the original makers of the movie get.

Gabbar

Credits
I Have seen a small change but its good. Earlier it was possible to Install all types of Videos from YouTube with the help of a web browser UC but now they have stopped it and you can not download videos with it.

johnywalker

Credits
Stealing is stealing, whether you steam someone's car in the real world, or someone's picture/song in the virtual world. If you are using something without paying the owner who created it, you are stealing. Stealing is punishable by low in the real world, however, in the virtual world stealing is rampant and it is very difficult to book these thieves.

A K Rao

Credits
It hurts the producers in a bad way when the pirated prints enter the market at very nominal prices and because of this the business of the movies gets affected very badly. So now a days the care is being taken by the producers to prevent this leakage. The digital satellite transmission is one of the step to prevent piracy in the market!