The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Popular Games

arunima25

Credits
If I am not mistaken, Football or soccer is the most popular game across the Globe. Every country has a popular game. What is the popular game in your country?? Does your country have a National Sports? Is National sports and the most popular sports same in your country? Please share.

Kei

Credits
Football is the most popular game in my country. That is the game that earns the most recognition and support nationwide. All states have their football teams. Everywhere you go around the streets, you'll find adults and kids playing football. Even on national TV, you'd hardly see other sports being aired like football.

Gabbar

Credits
We both are from same country and I guess those who were not aware as of now are already aware that Cricket is #1 sports in India and most are aware of it and have their views on the game. Hockey is #2 in India.

arunima25

Credits
Football is the most popular game in my country. That is the game that earns the most recognition and support nationwide. All states have their football teams. Everywhere you go around the streets, you'll find adults and kids playing football. Even on national TV, you'd hardly see other sports being aired like football.
Football is one of my favorite games to watch. But unfortunately the game has not got it's due recognition in India. I can say that there are enough football fans and even talents in India but there is no proper funding, training and encouragement from Sports Authority. I hope to have better prospect for this game in near future. We have few local clubs playing in the country but still it has not made an International mark.

Gabbar

Credits
I think both football and hockey are less popular in India if we compare it with cricket but it's gaining more popularity among all.

Kei

Credits
Football is one of my favorite games to watch. But unfortunately the game has not got it's due recognition in India. I can say that there are enough football fans and even talents in India but there is no proper funding, training and encouragement from Sports Authority. I hope to have better prospect for this game in near future. We have few local clubs playing in the country but still it has not made an International mark.
I think India will be one of the few countries that do not give much attention to football around the world. It is good that they are involved in other sports but overall, all sports should be given at least a fair share.

I know there are different sports that amass a huge number of fans but the other choice of the people shouldn't be neglected.

arunima25

Credits
I think India will be one of the few countries that do not give much attention to football around the world. It is good that they are involved in other sports but overall, all sports should be given at least a fair share.

I know there are different sports that amass a huge number of fans but the other choice of the people shouldn't be neglected.
I totally agree with you. Cricket is quite popular here and that has overshadowed all other sports in the country. There is no issue with the talent but definitely with the government policies and the support to other games. Cricketers in India are filthy rich but at the same time our national pride game Hockey is going down the drain. Players in other sports struggle to meet their ends and so are demotivated.

Credits
This is same in my country Football is the most popular game and we are proud to be among the world recognized country when it comes to football.Our national football team is making us proud all the time.

A K Rao

Credits
Though the sport Hockey is our National Game we are more intoxicated with Cricket and got addicted to it! Now with modern facilities provided to the team and promoting this soprt on TV , hopefully this sport will gain its popularity back!

Gabbar

Credits
Hockey is one of my favorite and followed sports after cricket but I have heard that it's not our National game but don't know if it's truth or not.