The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Publishing on your own blog vs publishing on article site

johnywalker

Credits
Which do you think is more lucrative, publishing on your own blog or publishing on other writing sites? On your blog, your earning method is through affiliate marketing and network ads. It is quite difficult to make money through these methods. On writing site, you earn in various ways such as revenue sharing, earning from activities, or pay per views.

cinderella

Credits
If you got the proper strategy, having your own blog is the best way to earn. However, if you can't generate tons of traffic for your blog, your effort will be useless. However, if you are writing for an established website, you have the assurance that you will earn because the website will help you promote your articles. Though you will only earn a fraction of what they made out of your articles.

Personally, I would suggest that while trying to build our own site, it is also good to have another site where we can submit articles and earn from it. But if you have the need capital for your own site, then no need to work for other sites.

chameli

Credits
I have a blog and I also write on writing sites. Your own blog is a better option however, it takes a lot of time to earn money. I was able to earn my first dollar on my blog in six months. By this time, I had already earned more than $50 by writing on article sites.

johnywalker

Credits
I don't have a blog and I don't plan to start a blog. One of the reasons why I do not have any intention to start a blog is because it is difficult to ern from your own blog. In order to earn decently, you need thousands of daily traffic that converts well. It is also difficult to earn by publishing on other sites because you are paid for the revenue generated, your activities or traffic.

chameli

Credits
You might earn more by publishing on third party website momentarily, however, it is your blog that ultimately earns money for you. There is also a risk with publishing on another site. What if the site suddenly shuts down? You have a full control over your blog.

kattech

Credits
Publishing on my own blog is far better than on another site. Full control over what to post and how to post including when. Besides, you earn well as opposed to be paid a share.

ahmedo24

Credits
From reviews here so far, it show that publishing on your blog is more profitable than on other sites, though the requirements for monetization might be discouraging if you are a new writer that want to earn as fast as possible . It is advisable to start publishing on other people site while you build yours if your blog is not yet monetize but if it focus on yours and if the permit you can run both

cmoneyspinner

Credits
You should do both; a stand alone blog and publish via an article site. WHY? Two reasons.

Reason 1: Because article sites have this really bad habit of shutting down! My very first site that published my articles no longer exists. They kept saying “We're remodeling. We'll be back!” I appreciate the experience I gained writing for the site. I actually earned money writing for the site. But the site disappeared never to be seen again. Fortunately, I kept backup copies of my content.

Reason 2: A stand alone blog and an article site can generate two separate income streams. Why settle for one income stream when you can have two?

Also publishing at an article site can help build your online reputation. (OK that's 3.)

Last edited:

chameli

Credits
@Cmoneyspnner I liked your idea. In the past I tried a couple of writing sites, however, I was able to receive payment from only one site. The money I received was a cash prize for a writing contest. I won the contest. It is really difficult to generate income from writing sites. However, this does not mean it is easy to make money from blogs. The truth is you can build your reputation if you are on reputed writing sites.