The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 113 more

Quad Cam Phones, A Threat To DSLR Cameras

Credits
Quad Camera Phones are the latest rage nowadays and it's simply cool to have one. These phones take very good photos and some of them can even rival bulky DSLR cameras.

As the name suggests, Quad Camera Phones are Smartphones equipped with 2 front and 2 back cameras, these are integrated cameras that boosts the quality of your photos.

Here are some brands and models of Quad Cam Phones:

1. Gionee S10
2. Honor 9i
3. Huawei Nova 2i
4. Oukitel U22
5. Huawei Mate 10 lite
6. Cloudfone Next Infinity Quattro
7. Doogee Mix 2

I think that this is just another example of the “keeping up with the Jone’s “ technology; while the idea is great, it is something that most smartphone users do not actually need, and that serious photographers will not need or want either, for the most part. I love taking pictures with my iPhone, and for the basic photos that I take, it does a great job, plus I can take Live Photo’s, which are so awesome.

My son and daughter are very much into photography, and although they both use their iPhones to capture special pictures when they didn’t bring along the camera, both of them also have expensive cameras and equipment for those times when they are on a designated “photo shoot” and want to get the best results.

If a quad cam is an option on the smartphone, then most people would, of course, be happy to have it, just because it is new and it produces better quality pictures; but it is not something they need.

Back in the days when all cameras were film cameras that needed to have the film developed, most people just had a little basic 35mm camera to take family photos and did not spend the money to have a high-quality photographer’s camera.
It is the same thing now, and for most of us, just having a phone with a good camera is sufficient for taking pictures to save our family memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
I think that this is just another example of the “keeping up with the Jone’s “ technology; while the idea is great, it is something that most smartphone users do not actually need, and that serious photographers will not need or want either, for the most part. I love taking pictures with my iPhone, and for the basic photos that I take, it does a great job, plus I can take Live Photo’s, which are so awesome.

My son and daughter are very much into photography, and although they both use their iPhones to capture special pictures when they didn’t bring along the camera, both of them also have expensive cameras and equipment for those times when they are on a designated “photo shoot” and want to get the best results.

If a quad cam is an option on the smartphone, then most people would, of course, be happy to have it, just because it is new and it produces better quality pictures; but it is not something they need.

Back in the days when all cameras were film cameras that needed to have the film developed, most people just had a little basic 35mm camera to take family photos and did not spend the money to have a high-quality photographer’s camera.
It is the same thing now, and for most of us, just having a phone with a good camera is sufficient for taking pictures to save our family memories.
I do think Standard Cameras will soon be obsolete like what happened to film cameras in the advent of digital cameras. I'll give it several years more and within that time Smartphone cameras would take the edge off DSLR Cameras which is really destined to be bumped off like the fax machine.

Credits
I do think Standard Cameras will soon be obsolete like what happened to film cameras in the advent of digital cameras. I'll give it several years more and within that time Smartphone cameras would take the edge off DSLR Cameras which is really destined to be bumped off like the fax machine.
It does not matter what type of electronic device you mention, retail across the board is hurting, and every time you turn around, you hear another store closing their doors. HHGreg used to be a popular electronics store, in my area, they have gone out of business. I would also bet a wooden nickel that desktop sales are in decline also since more and more people are using laptops or their smartphones. a camera on a phone is just thought, it can only do so much, and it can only be so good, so I think the camera industry is not going away anything soon; There is also a new brand of camera that is giving DSLR a run for the money, and it is called a mirrorless camera, I think they are better, and weigh much less than the bulky DSLR cameras. DSLR is a brand, but it is also an old brand, and I do not think camera phones will put DSLR or mirrorless cameras out of business anytime soon, and it really depends on the type of options you need in a camera, and a smartphone will not have a whole lot of options.

maestro

Credits
Quad cam phones? I've never heard of those, I guess I'm just cool like that. They seem like a good idea though, now that we are in the era of recording everything that happens around us, that seems like really great idea. I hope I'll be able to get one of the brands from @Pendragon2020's list.

Heatman

Credits
Am I that interested in pictures? I don't think so. It's not that I don't take pictures sometimes but it's not a big deal to me. So, for phones that have 4 - 6 cameras wouldn't be interesting me, just a front and rear camera is enough for me. It's for those that are probably taking photography as a profession would be interested in Quad cam phones.

maestro

Credits
Am I that interested in pictures? I don't think so. It's not that I don't take pictures sometimes but it's not a big deal to me. So, for phones that have 4 - 6 cameras wouldn't be interesting me, just a front and rear camera is enough for me. It's for those that are probably taking photography as a profession would be interested in Quad cam phones.
Those quad cam phones will certainly come in handy if you have a youtube channel or if you are involved in any other site that pays you to to create genuine content in terms of videos.

Heatman

Credits
Those quad cam phones will certainly come in handy if you have a youtube channel or if you are involved in any other site that pays you to to create genuine content in terms of videos.
Something like streaming? On this case, I believe that such phones with multiple cameras would definitely serve the purpose adequately because it would offer more coverage unlike what only 2 camera openings would.

maestro

Credits
Something like streaming? On this case, I believe that such phones with multiple cameras would definitely serve the purpose adequately because it would offer more coverage unlike what only 2 camera openings would.
These phones seem really awesome, I must get one of those.

Heatman

Credits
These phones seem really awesome, I must get one of those.
Good luck with that mate, as long as you can afford to purchase it and it's likely to offer you the best service as to the reason why you needed it for video streaming and filming. It's definitely worth it, though I'm not looking at buying such phones not ever because I practically don't have any use of it.

Hova

Credits
I just saw the Honor 9 Lite, which is also a Quad camera smartphone and I have to say this is an impressive phone. I mean getting both front and back cameras coming equipped with dual camera is just amazing.