The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Question about PayPal?

ahmedo24

Credits
I need more clarification on two issues about PayPal. Can I send and receive money with PayPal without Linking my card, secondly when is PayPal account said to be verified? Look forward to see good answers.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we can do that but we need to add a bank account but being in India I cannot do that and over here PayPal will be taken as verified when I upload my pan card and then verify the bank account and these should be own same name.

anorona

Credits
Sending and receiving is still possible even without being verified,but the amount would be limited. To know if your paypal account is verified, you must be logged in on laptop/pc or simply switch to desktop view if you are using mobile. Here is how you can check:

click on summary
scroll below and click “see how much you can send”

there should be 2 green checks beside the statement.
see my attachment below, this is how it should look

Attachments

Gabbar

Credits
Sending and receiving is still possible even without being verified,but the amount would be limited. To know if your paypal account is verified, you must be logged in on laptop/pc or simply switch to desktop view if you are using mobile. Here is how you can check:

click on summary

Thanks for explaining but I don't think I have ever seen these things on my PayPal and issue is that, PayPal works in different countries and follow the rules of different countries so it won't be same for all.

ahmedo24

Credits

click on summary

Thanks for your enlightenment. I just clicked on the summary button but didn't see the exact image you uploaded but I did that on mobile, I will also try it on my desktop, and see what I can find out.

moh254

Credits
When I was new to online working I also got confused but still if your account is not linked to any card you can receive cash. Then its said to be verified after linking the card and providing details about it.

Last edited:

anorona

Credits
Thanks for your enlightenment. I just clicked on the summary button but didn't see the exact image you uploaded but I did that on mobile, I will also try it on my desktop, and see what I can find out.

You cannot see some option when using mobile , you should switch to desktop for the full view, or try to download google chrome browser then request for desktop site, that is what I did to see this options. I hope this can help. :)

cinderella

Credits
I need more clarification on two issues about PayPal. Can I send and receive money with PayPal without Linking my card, secondly when is PayPal account said to be verified? Look forward to see good answers.
Technically, as soon as you opened your PayPal and verified your email, you can already start receiving money, regardless you have a bank account and/or credit card. From our end, (we are from the Philippines) we can send money from your PayPal to other PayPal even if our account is unverified and even if there is no attached bank account. However, we won't be able to withdraw our money from our PayPal unless we connect a bank.

Please do note that we can add bank account and credit card account to our PayPal. We use a credit/debit card (Master Card or Visa) to verify our account. However, a credit card would suffice if you intend to withdraw your money through the card. Personally, I have a bank account intended for the transferring of funds. Why? A bank account doesn't expire. I only use a debit card for verification purposes.

ahmedo24

Credits
Technically, as soon as you opened your PayPal and verified your email, you can already start receiving money, regardless you have a bank account and/or credit card. From our end, (we are from the Philippines) we can send money from your PayPal to other PayPal even if our account is unverified and even if there is no attached bank account. However, we won't be able to withdraw our money from our PayPal unless we connect a bank.

Please do note that we can add bank account and credit card account to our PayPal. We use a credit/debit card (Master Card or Visa) to verify our account. However, a credit card would suffice if you intend to withdraw your money through the card. Personally, I have a bank account intended for the transferring of funds. Why? A bank account doesn't expire. I only use a debit card for verification purposes.
Thanks for your detailed explanation. I thought the only Bank account that We can link to PayPal should be a US based bank account. I also tried to link a payoneer master card with it but proved abortive. I wouldn't know if you have tried this?.

cinderella

Credits
@ahmedo24 You can link a bank from your country. There are really instances that some credit/debit cards are not accepted. You can try other credit cards that you have. I am not sure if it also depends on your country. But based on what I read, Payoneer is accepted by PayPal for verification. Maybe you just have to review the process. You can refer here for details.

ahmedo24

Credits
@ahmedo24 You can link a bank from your country. There are really instances that some credit/debit cards are not accepted. You can try other credit cards that you have. I am not sure if it also depends on your country. But based on what I read, Payoneer is accepted by PayPal for verification. Maybe you just have to Oreview the process. You can refer here for details.
Thanks I just watched the video and I was able to pick up some tips, though it would have been more comprehensive if the review was audible, I will try it again with the payoneer card, the other bank master cards I tried were not compatible, I hope this new tips work this time.

Kei

Credits
Thanks for your detailed explanation. I thought the only Bank account that We can link to PayPal should be a US based bank account. I also tried to link a payoneer master card with it but proved abortive. I wouldn't know if you have tried this?.
You can link your local bank account to your PayPal account. That's how you can verify it. It doesn't have to be from the US. I'm not sure about the types of cards though I used a master card and I know you can relate with me.

Yugocean

Credits
This is a wrong type of question and answers.
Creator of this thread is from Nigeria, and Answers are given by people from India, Philippines etc
Paypal Nigeria won't help or allow these with which it is not working.
Actual answer is "PayPal don't allow Nigerians to receive money in account"

cinderella

Credits
@Yugocean I answered based on what I know, having been using PayPal since 2011. I had no idea about the origin of the creator of the thread and I even stated my country to share a personal experience. I also believe that there is no such thing as right or wrong here so long as we are not violating any rule.

Yugocean

Credits
I said creator of this thread, there is nothing to do with origin.
Paypal's branches in every country is independent; head office in US accepts IRS rules and all it's subsidiaries (country branches) follow it as first rule, and second the rule of the country they are working in.

Gabbar

Credits
That's why I always say that PayPal is different for all of us as we are from different countries and PayPal operated differently in different countries, so best option is to contact PayPal.

ahmedo24

Credits
You can link your local bank account to your PayPal account. That's how you can verify it. It doesn't have to be from the US. I'm not sure about the types of cards though I used a master card and I know you can relate with me.
This is a wrong type of question and answers.
Creator of this thread is from Nigeria, and Answers are given by people from India, Philippines etc
Paypal Nigeria won't help or allow these with which it is not working.
Actual answer is "PayPal don't allow Nigerians to receive money in account"
The fact that Nigerians have limitations on PayPal operation does not mean they are not operating with PayPal nor is there any efforts to lift the ban. How they are able to operate may not be of concern to you because you are not in Nigeria you can only share your opinion in case it may help. Issues with PayPal differs from region to region. When questions about PayPal has been asked, everyone tends to contribute their opinions based on their regions and this also help others to learn about things they don't even know would be applied to them. There is no way a simple question may not have different answers or lead to other questions but the most important thing is that the discussion should not be off the topic and everybody should learn.

Yugocean

Credits
Lol, When you already have the answer, then why have you asked a question?

If I send my opinion and other people send their opinion, it will mix up with different answers and also confuse the person who is looking for the answer. You are not confused because you already have an answer and sharing yourself.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Lol, When you already have answer, then why you asked question?

If I send my opinion and other people send their opinion, it will mix up with different answers and also confuse the person who is looking for answer. You are not confused because you already have answer and sharing yourself.
You are right, this is not a Q/A forum. When you post, then you should already be providing solutions. This is like doing bad SEO, then asking why you got penalized by Google when you already knew why you got the penalty to begin with.

Kei

Credits
This query is a bit biased because the section "business, money and individuals" is flooded with all sorts of questions and I don't see why only this one should be flagged.

Just by reading this thread, I've learnt a lot that I didn't know about paypal and that's the point. I've been impacted. I see questions like "how much did you earn today." how does that help anyone?