The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Reseller hosting, is it profitable?

johnywalker

Credits
Reseller hosting is you sell the hosting service from a company to the clients. Here you are not selling hosting bur reselling hosting service of another company. In this business, all you need is a reseller account. After you have a reseller account, you will be given some hosting accounts (based on the package you have purchased), you can sell those hosting accounts and make money. You do not have to spend money on data centers and servers.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Reseller hosting is you sell the hosting service from a company to the clients. Here you are not selling hosting bur reselling hosting service of another company. IN this business, all you need a reseller accounts. After you have a reseller accounts, you will be given some hosting accounts (based on the package you have purchased), you can sell those hosting accounts and make money. You do not have to spend money on data centers and servers.
Unless you have deep knowledge about Linux, Unix, windows, etc, then I would not recommend you run any type of hosting business, and hosting is a very competitive market, and you may have a better chance of selling water to an Eskimo.

johnywalker

Credits
Unless you have deep knowledge about Linux, Unix, windows, etc, then I would not recommend you run any type of hosting business, and hosting is a very competitive market, and you may have a better chance of selling water to an Eskimo.
Thanks for the info. I had an impression that reseller hosting was more like dropshipping. You set up a website, list the products, when the products get sold you send information to the main company and rest of the work will be done by the company.

chameli

Credits
I don't think it will be profitable. The niche s already saturated There are a lot of big fishes as well as small fishes in the market. The big fishes are already eating he small fishes. In such case, how would you survive? Having said that you can sustain the business if you can find 2-3 customers.