The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 86 more

Rev Transcription Review.

Meryemm

Credits
Rev is a company that works with freelancers. They provide work-from-home jobs and they don't require any particular skills or work experience, but you have to pass their test first.

The application should take you an hour or so to complete. You'll have to pass a simple grammar and writing test, and then they give you an audio file that you have to transcribe. You'll receive your test results a few days after, and if you fail you can try again in about 6 months.
The pay depends on the file, its length and its audio quality and the number of speakers. But on their website, they estimated a pay rate ranging from $.40-$.65 per audio minute.
They pay through PayPal every Monday.

Rev is definitely not a scam. But there have been some complaints related to low pay rates and the low quality of the audio files.

Heatman

Credits
I have come across lots of transcription sites that offers jobs to freelancers and from the reviews which I have read so far online, they are not scam sites. It requires simple internet knowledge, good grammar and being able to deliver on time within the frame of the job given.

The only problem that I have with transcription jobs is that it requires being on the job online constantly in order to ensure earnings. It's not like affiliate marketing where once your job is set with your affiliate marketing links, you can seat back and earn your passive income without breaking any sweat.

I haven't heard about this transcription company called Rev but I'm definitely going to look into it and see how it works. Thanks for sharing mate.

Meryemm

Credits
I have come across lots of transcription sites that offers jobs to freelancers and from the reviews which I have read so far online, they are not scam sites. It requires simple internet knowledge, good grammar and being able to deliver on time within the frame of the job given.

The only problem that I have with transcription jobs is that it requires being on the job online constantly in order to ensure earnings. It's not like affiliate marketing where once your job is set with your affiliate marketing links, you can seat back and earn your passive income without breaking any sweat.

I haven't heard about this transcription company called Rev but I'm definitely going to look into it and see how it works. Thanks for sharing mate.
Transcription is not easy at all, you have to be online most of the time and it takes a long time to transcribe files. The first time I tried transcription, it took me 4 hours to transcribe a 10 minute file, but it was bilingual and I didn't know how to deal with it. But it's still a great opportunity to make money online.
I hope this works out of you if you ever decide to do transcriptions. Good luck.

Credits
Transcription is not easy at all, you have to be online most of the time and it takes a long time to transcribe files. The first time I tried transcription, it took me 4 hours to transcribe a 10 minute file, but it was bilingual and I didn't know how to deal with it. But it's still a great opportunity to make money online.
I hope this works out of you if you ever decide to do transcriptions. Good luck.
What is the purpose of transcribing audio to type? What does the transcription company do with the transcription? or does the company offer transcription services to their clients that need something done?

Meryemm

Credits
What is the purpose of transcribing audio to type? What does the transcription company do with the transcription? or does the company offer transcription services to their clients that need something done?
Well, they use these transcripts as reports. For example, legal transcriptions are used in court hearings and trials, where the court has to keep a written report for everything. There are professional job opportunities and this isn't something new or only for freelancers.
But for us freelancers with no experience, I think it's mainly used for captioning videos to make it easier for the deaf or those with hearing difficulties to follow along.

Heatman

Credits
Exactly! Just like I mentioned earlier, one of the things that I don't fancy about transcriptions jobs is that it will definitely have you tied to your computer system 24/7 on constant basis before you would be able to earn from the site. Take for instance, the transcriptions of bilingual 10 minute file took you 4 long hours to complete, it shows how exhausting the transcription jobs is.

rlpzbeermoney

Credits
This is the 2nd site I've worked for aside from GoTranscript. They have better audio files but the pay is less. So I was having a bit of a dilemma back then if I should continue using this service. They are stricter than GoTranscript with the punctuations and mumble jumble with the words like uhm... a... etc. I have so many errors that I didn't get paid for some of my works. I quit the service after a few tries.

johnywalker

Credits
They seem to have such a tough screening process. How much they pay the users who get accepted. Based on the level of screening, I believe they are paying really high. I have never done transcription, online or offline. When I was in college I wanted to try transcription because my friends said it is highly paid job. However, I never joined transcription.

moh254

Credits
I remember I didn't finish submitting my application to this site. I was half way to finish,actually the last step but things weren't going to be esy for me as I had thought. Also,scribie, I didn't finish my application.