Join
+ 86 more

Rich Dad Poor Dad

D

Deleted member 34

Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
download.jpg

I am sure a lot of you have heard of this book. Rich Dad Poor Dad is a book written by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter and tackles about financial literacy, financial independence and building wealth through investments, businesses, and real-estate. It comes in the form of print and an audiobook as well.

I haven't read the book, but I know it tackles about the "cash flow quadrant" which are: Employee, Business, Self-employed and Investor (I watched the video though on YouTube). It has a lot of positive reviews, and a lot has read the book over and over. I, myself have only listened halfway through the audiobook available on YouTube, and I am on the part wherein the rich dad is trying to teach the kids a lesson on starting up a business, it's useful and very informative. The comparison between the ideas of rich and poor dad seems worthy and opens up a new path to think on because one can never learn such things while being scholastic.

I have only one concern though. Some claim that most of the topics Kiyosaki talks about his life experiences in gaining wealth are not entirely correct and is ideology-based, in short, made up. Nevertheless, I still believe that the book makes actual sense and is worthy of its credit.

If you have an interest towards finance and aims to improve your financial IQ, I highly recommend it, and it won't bring you down. I hope you like reading it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
View attachment 70

I am sure a lot of you have heard of this book. Rich Dad Poor Dad is a book written by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter and tackles about financial literacy, financial independence and building wealth through investments, businesses, and real-estate. It comes in the form of print and an audiobook as well.

I haven't read the book, but I know it tackles about the "cash flow quadrant" which are: Employee, Business, Self-employed and Investor (I watched the video though on YouTube). It has a lot of positive reviews, and a lot has read the book over and over. I, myself have only listened halfway through the audiobook available on YouTube, and I am on the part wherein the rich dad is trying to teach the kids a lesson on starting up a business, it's useful and very informative. The comparison between the ideas of rich and poor dad seems worthy and opens up a new path to think on because one can never learn such things while being scholastic.

I have only one concern though. Some claim that most of the topics Kiyosaki talks about his life experiences in gaining wealth are not entirely correct and is ideology-based, in short, made up. Nevertheless, I still believe that the book makes actual sense and is worthy of its credit.

If you have an interest towards finance and aims to improve your financial IQ, I highly recommend it, and it won't bring you down. I hope you like reading it. Thanks!
never heard of the book before, which means that I never read it either, however, if Wikipedia has him listed, then he must be worth looking up, and it does appear that he has sold more than 32 million copies, which is really impressive, and according to his critic John T Reed, saying that his financial advice is bad and also mentioned he did not offer any valuable advice that would be worth reading in his book and was the dumbest book written, but I cant help to wonder what the 32 million readers thought about his financial advice, and does he really care after selling so many copies?

D

Deleted member 34

never heard of the book before, which means that I never read it either, however, if Wikipedia has him listed, then he must be worth looking up, and it does appear that he has sold more than 32 million copies, which is really impressive, and according to his critic John T Reed, saying that his financial advice is bad and also mentioned he did not offer any valuable advice that would be worth reading in his book and was the dumbest book written, but I cant help to wonder what the 32 million readers thought about his financial advice, and does he really care after selling so many copies?
Yes, I agree with you. The book somehow motivates you to save money and invest. But Kiyosaki has told many conflicting stories about how he accumulated his wealth, and some evidence says that he did not make it by methods which he lays out. I don't know him personally, but according to other people, he made his money by telling other people how to make money and not by following what he wrote in his book.

About the book, it was a good read and is an excellent introduction to someone who has zero experience in investing. I find it exciting and in some way educational. I like how he points out the difference between assets and liabilities. I hope you guys will love it too.

Credits
Yes, I agree with you. The book somehow motivates you to save money and invest. But Kiyosaki has told many conflicting stories about how he accumulated his wealth, and some evidence says that he did not make it by methods which he lays out. I don't know him personally, but according to other people, he made his money by telling other people how to make money and not by following what he wrote in his book.

About the book, it was a good read and is an excellent introduction to someone who has zero experience in investing. I find it exciting and in some way educational. I like how he points out the difference between assets and liabilities. I hope you guys will love it too.
Even though his critics do not agree with the writer, he must have done something right in order to sell 32 million copies, and sometimes, ebooks can be hit and miss, and if you want to keep making money, then you have to keep rolling out ebooks, however, you can also make money on past ebooks also since they are always online, and can be puchased anytime, so I am thinking that he already had released ebooks, and most like was promoting this one though elist, other then that, I am not sure how anyone could sell 32 million copies unless he was already well known, and I would like to think you are pretty well known if you can sell 32 million copies of any ebook, which is very impressive if you ask me, even if his critics did not like him so much.

D

Deleted member 34

Because the book is a must-read, see, this book is a tool that one can use the information to get themselves into success if they learn how to. However, you can still read all the books you want and still be a beggar in life, the key here is realizing the principles and applying it to your life.

There is no significant proof that this book will do wonders to anyone who reads it, but yeah there are a few success stories, the difference being “Do you know what to do with the knowledge.”

For example, the ROI for a baseball glove is zero for me (I don't play baseball), but for Buster Posey, it is millions and millions of dollars.

D

Deleted member 27

This is actually my first time of hearing about this book and as such I haven't read it to know the content messages it contains whether it's worth reading or not. But looking at the book to have sold an incredible 32 million copies can only mean that people or readers find the book to be very interesting and informative because there is no way it would be a bad write up and over 30 million copies of the book would be sold.

Credits
This is actually my first time of hearing about this book and as such I haven't read it to know the content messages it contains whether it's worth reading or not. But looking at the book to have sold an incredible 32 million copies can only mean that people or readers find the book to be very interesting and informative because there is no way it would be a bad write up and over 30 million copies of the book would be sold.
Once the marketplace is online, then DG still has plans on putting ebooks in the marketplace, and I would not mind if he sold 32 million copies, as I think that would be a pretty good indication of success, don't you think? In fact, DG thinks it would be easier to attract ebook sellers to the marketplace, then, later on, attract other types of sellers that would be able to sell their products and services. It would not be possible to market the site under every niche under the sun, and he would start marketing the site to ebook sellers, and I have to agree because ebooks have good price points compared to other items, personally, I would like to see things go somewhat faster, but there is nothing I can really do about that, as it is not my call.

D

Deleted member 27

Once the marketplace is online, then DG still has plans on putting ebooks in the marketplace, and I would not mind if he sold 32 million copies, as I think that would be a pretty good indication of success, don't you think? In fact, DG thinks it would be easier to attract ebook sellers to the marketplace, then, later on, attract other types of sellers that would be able to sell their products and services. It would not be possible to market the site under every niche under the sun, and he would start marketing the site to ebook sellers, and I have to agree because ebooks have good price points compared to other items, personally, I would like to see things go somewhat faster, but there is nothing I can really do about that, as it is not my call.
That's exactly my opinion on how good the book is because selling 32 million copies isn't like selling 1000 copies. It meant that there are tangible information that people seek out in the book which makes more copies of it to be sold. From my understanding recently, ebooks are trending now because we are already in the era of digitalization where people prefer things in digital soft-copy form than hard-copy. So, getting ebooks sellers to make use of DG marketplace would be a great addition to the site.

Credits
That's exactly my opinion on how good the book is because selling 32 million copies isn't like selling 1000 copies. It meant that there are tangible information that people seek out in the book which makes more copies of it to be sold. From my understanding recently, ebooks are trending now because we are already in the era of digitalization where people prefer things in digital soft-copy form than hard-copy. So, getting ebooks sellers to make use of DG marketplace would be a great addition to the site.
Just about anything related to digital-technology will be trending upward, and I can not turn on the news without hearing some other retail business that is closing down, and that is because more and more people are shopping online, and to be honest, I would rather shop online then travel to Walmart which is about 30 minutes down the road, however, I do not like their shop online tax compared to not paying that tax if you went to the store.

Heatman

Credits
View attachment 70

For a book to have sold out over 32 million copies means that it has more than enough to offer to offer in terms of principles that would help one achieve success and financial freedom. Forget everything about what the book writer's critics says, it's all about the competition in the business that brings about the complexity in opinion. If I can write and publish a book that can sell just a million copies, that would be awesome and considered a huge success in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 62

Same here just heard about the book to be very good for people that need to gain wealth legally but I'm yet to read it. From peoples reviews offline I think the book is worth having and reading too. Selling a particular book for those numbers isn't child's play. Well, the world is evolving daily and I still wonder if the principles in the book are still applicable.

chameli

Credits
View attachment 70

INteresting. You have not read the book but you recommend it. How could you frecommend a book that you have not read. You even say that "most of the topics Kiyosaki talks about his life experiences in gaining wealth are not entirely correct" how could you say so when you have not read the book. I have not read the book, however, I have heard of the title and the author Robert Kiyosaki.