The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Shopify is little bit costlier

Kehsiba

Credits
I am much familiar with Shopify and it's pricing plans.
It's a platform to do drop shipping where we can also able to see store analysis. You can use shopify to drop ship any physical or digital items. But to use that platform you need to pay $29 per month. So overall for a single year it will cost you around $200 with discount.

Most of the drop shippers are using Shopify and making tons of money.

Credits
It's a platform to do drop shipping where we can also able to see store analysis. You can use shopify to drop ship any physical or digital items. But to use that platform you need to pay $29 per month. So overall for a single year it will cost you around $200 with discount.

$29 x 12mo = $348, but that is not the worst part. Shopify is very dependant on add-ons, and if you need a feature added, then you may find an addon that has what you are looking for, while some add-ons are free, many of the premium addons do have a monthly fee. You may find yourself in a bind if you try to run your Shopify store without some of those needed addons.

There may be those that succeed, however, I also bet that Shopify has high turnover, because if you do not start selling products as soon as possible, then you will just be paying a monthly fee, and nothing more to show for, and if you do not start selling quickly, then you will just be disappointed, then cancel your subscription, as it does take effort to get a store off the ground.

and yes, Shopify can be costly, but if you are selling, then no so much.

chameli

Credits
In order to work with shopify, you need high conversion. Since you are paying subscription fees and also extra fees for addons, you need to make a lot of money just to cover your expenses. Opening your store does not guarantee you sales, you need SEO, search engine marketing, email marketing etc. to drive traffic. Shopify is not for everyone. You need a strong financial backing before you launch your store.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
In order to work with shopify, you need high conversion. Since you are paying subscription fees and also extra fees for addons, you need to make a lot of money just to cover your expenses. Opening your store does not guarantee you sales, you need SEO, search engine marketing, email marketing etc. to drive traffic. Shopify is not for everyone. You need a strong financial backing before you launch your store.
I would not recommend SEO on a shopify store. SEO is very costly, and very time consuming. Once you master PPC, and you are making money, then consider SEO if you really want to throw your money down the drain.

I know the first thing most do is look for the best design they can find, those fancy, and flashy designs may kill your sales right off the bat, and you want to keep your buyers focused so they buy from you, and not confuse them with fancy design.

and if you have to watch what your spending, then you may not even be ready to setup an online store. If you have to save up money to get your online store setup, then that is what you will have to do. I would bet that a fully developed shopify store spends around $200-300 mo, and that includes $29/mo for the store, and the remaining may include monthly addon costs.

Gabbar

Credits
Kehsiba is it available for Indian users as well. I'm actually not that aware of Shopify. Can you explain more about it?

How we can start and do we need any experience for that?

Kehsiba

Credits
Kehsiba is it available for Indian users as well. I'm actually not that aware of Shopify. Can you explain more about it?

How we can start and do we need any experience for that?
Yeah, it's available for Indians. You need to find a wholesaler and you should sell on a retail price through your shopify shop.

johnywalker

Credits
DigitalGlobal I agree with your answer. If your idea to generate sales through SEO, it will take a long time. Since the competition is very high, it is also difficult to generate sales through SEO. The better solution is PPC campaign. You can do PPC campaign on social media or search engines. However, I believe search engine marketing is a better solution for ecommerce sites.

kattech

Credits

I would not recommend SEO on a shopify store. SEO is very costly, and very time consuming. Once you master PPC, and you are making money, then consider SEO if you really want to throw your money down the drain.
Very right.. PPC converts quick since many of those who click on the ad are real customers in many cases. That is for quick turn up but of course, SEO is also a requirement since it is useful in times when money is less.

chameli

Credits
If you want to use woocommerce with wordpress, it might be little hard to create an online store. However, shopify makes this easier for us. However, not everyone can use shopify because you need to spend at least $500 per year (shopify fee plus add ons fee).

Thakur

Credits

I heard about them before but don't know the details to set up one. Can you tell me if the things to stock the store can be found on Shopify. I see people talking about their store and it looks like they are doing good. I want to know what they give you for the $29.

chameli

Credits
If you want to do dropshipping and want to use shopify, you need at least $1000 to get started. You need to pay for shopify as well as addons. Once your website is set up you need to invest in advertising. using shopify does not guarantee you a lot of money.

Thakur

Credits
If you want to do dropshipping and want to use shopify, you need at least $1000 to get started. You need to pay for shopify as well as addons. Once your website is set up you need to invest in advertising. using shopify does not guarantee you a lot of money.
Do I have to pay Shopify to advertise it for me or I have to find my own? $1000 is plenty but if I can get some earnings from the shop I could try to save for it.

chameli

Credits
Do I have to pay Shopify to advertise it for me or I have to find my own? $1000 is plenty but if I can get some earnings from the shop I could try to save for it.
Shopify is a content management system aimed at dropshopping store. You will have to pay $360 per year to use shopify (I have never used shopify and I am not sure abut $360 fee). You will have to pay for add ons. If you are not a designer, you will have to hire someone to build you a store and you will have to spend on advertising. You will have to do advertising on your own.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
a fully loaded shopify site can run you anywhere from $300-$500 per month, why? Because shopify is designed to get you started for $30/mo, however, your shopify store will be very dependent on addons you may need, and most of these addons come with monthly fees, pretty clever if you ask me, at least for shopify anyways, they slowly suck you in, then you quickly realize, you do not have much control, other then staying within the boundaries of what you can do with shopify, and knowing that every potential addon you may need will cost you a monthly fee, and some addons are more expensive them others.

of course, if you have a winning product, then those fees are pretty mute, however, if you are just starting up, then I certainly would keep your addons to a min until you get to a point where you can clearly afford to stock your shopify store with addons.

You can also search for free solutions such as woocommerce, and search for any free plugins you can find that will give you what you are looking for, but at some point, you will more then likely need a coder to help you with your project because nothing works for ever, and sometimes, code just stops working for one reason or another ie: server issues, upgrades, etc....

chameli

Credits
a fully loaded shopify site can run you anywhere from $300-$500 per month, why? Because shopify is designed to get you started for $30/mo, however, your shopify store will be very dependent on addons you may need, and most of these addons come with monthly fees, pretty clever if you ask me, at least for shopify anyways, they slowly suck you in, then you quickly realize, you do not have much control, other then staying within the boundaries of what you can do with shopify, and knowing that every potential addon you may need will cost you a monthly fee, and some addons are more expensive them others.

of course, if you have a winning product, then those fees are pretty mute, however, if you are just starting up, then I certainly would keep your addons to a min until you get to a point where you can clearly afford to stock your shopify store with addons.

You can also search for free solutions such as woocommerce, and search for any free plugins you can find that will give you what you are looking for, but at some point, you will more then likely need a coder to help you with your project because nothing works for ever, and sometimes, code just stops working for one reason or another ie: server issues, upgrades, etc....
You might use shopify, wordpress with woocommerce, prestashop, maagento etc. However, the content management system you use does not guarantee you sales and profits. What actually matters is the product you are selling, search engine optimization, branding, marketing and promotion. I have a desire to create an online store, however, I may never use shopify. I believe shopify is only for those who are trying to stat big and willing to invest a lot of money.

overcast

Credits
29$ x 12 = 360$ plus minus taxes. It does not sound like that expensive if you can automate shopify for the drop shipping using Apps. Which many people who are into shopify based drop shipping are already doing it. And the reason they seem to be doing good enough is because there are many people who have automation softwares that does the work. So I think though it may sound costly it is worth investing over.