The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Site to sell craft (Paintings/Drawings)

Heatman

Credits
I know some sites that are pictures based such as Instagram and Shutterstock, they are both good sites that pictures can be marketed and sold once you have clients interested in purchasing especially on Instagram. Shutterstock is a bit different but it's still all about pictures but simply selling of uploaded images.

I'm referring to selling actual paintings and drawings through the use of a site designed for such. I have a friend who is in the artistic line, so he is looking at promoting his works to gain potential customers and sell them online.

Any ideas?

Gabbar

Credits
I think these days you can sell anything on Facebook as well, We also have apps or websites like OLX and other such on which you can sell anything free and can contact buyers.

D

Deleted member 62

Your friend can try listingdock .com,it a site for art and craft where one list his or her paintings and craft. Came across while commenting on the forum through postloop.

overcast

Credits
If you want to sell the handmade items and the paintings on the handmade items. Then I think etsy and ebay seems to be a good place to start with. Amazon handmade is also launching in US and other places. So that can be one option. Deviantart is another good website that you may enjoy the experience for selling and the donating. I personally think doing your own store with woocommerce is much better.

Heatman

Credits
I think these days you can sell anything on Facebook as well, We also have apps or websites like OLX and other such on which you can sell anything free and can contact buyers.
Facebook could be a very good option but there is the issue of targeting and unserious users of the social media (Facebook) who wouldn't add any good value to your product advertisements. I have a friend who tried using Facebook, it wasn't all successfully. I have heard about OLX but I don't have any knowledge of how it works. Maybe I should look into it and know for sure.

chameli

Credits
I am not sure whether you can actually make money on shutter stock or not, however, I know a site where you can sell your painting and drawings. The site is called Fine Art America. On this site you can sell your photographs, drawings, and panting in various formats. You can sell as a poster, wall hanging but also pillow cover, phone cover tote bags etc.

A K Rao

Credits
I don't have any idea from which place you are from. But then since I am from India I can definitely recommend the following sites where one can sell his arts and crafts online in India and other countries.
1. Amazon.in
2. gallerist.in
3. etchster.com
4. mojorto.com
5. artplusmarketing.com

A K Rao

Credits
The popular Cartoonist of India Mario Miranda is an International fame , he was popular for his style of cartoon drawings and illustration. He was awarded with Padma Vibhushan the second highest civilian Award for his work by Government of India.
set up a s
After his demise in 2011, his family has set up a store where they are selling original and copies of his cartoons and illustrations. They sell books written by him too. The articles they are selling in the store include, Cartoons, illustrations, coasters, Tiles, fridge magnets etc. They have a site www.mariomiranda.com where they sell the products online. Amazon is also selling his art works!

Last edited:

chameli

Credits
The only site that I can recommend if you want to sell paintings and drawings is fine art america. You can sell your art work and rawings in various formats including pillow cover, phone cover, tote bags etc.

A K Rao

Credits
May be you are right! But different countries have different artists who are famous in this field so the paintings from such artists can fetch better price the local market instead of American market! Thus I prefer to go to local sites either to sell or buy the paintings!