Starbucks have black men arrested for doing nothing wrong.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
I am not going to pretend that I know exactly what the story was about or exactly what happened, however, I do get the point. two black men were meeting someone at Starbucks, maybe a meeting or something, and one of the guys wanted to use the bathroom, and Starbucks told him no, and ask one or both of them to leave Starbucks, and from my understanding, they refused, and police were called; a store does have the right to refuse service, however, what was their reason for refusing service? and from what I understood, they were doing nothing wrong, and police were called to get the black men removed, and to be honest, unless they were causing trouble, then I could understand that even the video that I watched conveyed a question from someone that said: "what did they do?" Even police did not know what they did wrong, other than wanting to use the bathroom without buying something; It does not matter how you want to twist the story, as this has the racism stamp all over this.

It should be against the law for any public business to refuse bathroom service to anyone, no matter what their color is. I remember back in the day that I went to subway and went outside to sit on the sidewalk to eat my sub, before I could bite into my sub, police showed up telling me that I had to leave or I was going to jail, are you serious, that employee was on the phone before I even walked out the damn door because you did not want me to sit outside so I could eat my sub, are you serious? What was the difference between eating my sub inside at the table compared to eating my sub under the stars sitting on the sidewalk? Since that time I have never been back to subway, if they want to kick me off the property because I was trying to enjoy my sandwich, then they certainly do not deserve my business, customer lost forever! I can do better!! No Subway Forever!

A video of black men being arrested at Starbucks

Last edited:

to7update

Credits
Police is becoming more and more strict about stuff that doesn't really matter instead of going after the real criminals, it's strange to say the least, and sounds like abuse of power. I am not familiar with that Starbucks case, but if the men were asked to leave, they should have left, if they were no buying anything. Sure, denying bathroom service makes no sense, and the police should have common sense too!!

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
, b
Police is becoming more and more strict about stuff that doesn't really matter instead of going after the real criminals, it's strange to say the least, and sounds like abuse of power. I am not familiar with that Starbucks case, but if the men were asked to leave, they should have left, if they were no buying anything. Sure, denying bathroom service makes no sense, and the police should have common sense too!!
It turned out to be two executives that were meeting someone else at Starbucks, and I assume this was for some type of meeting I guess, so maybe all parties are not really blameless; If you are going to running a business, then everyone should be treated the same, if you are going to kick African Americans out for doing nothing wrong, then maybe you should kick all whites out also, that would have been more fair, but instead, starbucks brought all this negative attention to themselves because two black guys did not buy a $1 cup of coffee, but this is not the first time this inncident has occured with starbucks, another black man asked to use the rest room, and was denied the key code for the bathroom, then went a white guy asked, he immediately got the key code for the bathroom, so starbucks is certainly showing a clear pattern of racism, and if you ask me, I these compaines should do away with the key code system for the bathroom; If you are going to run a business that is open to the public, then the bathroom should be open for all to use, and regardless if you make a purchase or not, and should be law.

Last edited:
I saw the video from this incident, and the two men certainly do not seem to look like executives to me. Any business has the right to ask someone to leave their property, just like we have at our homes because it is private property.

If the person does not leave when you ask them to leave, then it is perfectly proper to call the police to make them leave your property, regardless of whether they have committed any crime or not; These men did not leave when asked to leave, so the police were called, and even then they had to be arrested to remove them from the business.

Here is the thing........... if these men had been white and this happened, no one would have cared, and we would not have even seen it on the news. Interestingly, the whole event was photographed; so someone was there to record the whole situation and send it to the news channels; There is nothing that shows these men were asked to leave because of their race. The whole event stinks of being set up to look like racism, in my opinion.

Here in America, race is pushed in any occasion, whether it is racist or not, if it happens to anyone except a white person, regardless of whether the even had any racial aspects to it or not.

If someone came to my door and was upsetting me, and didn’t leave when I asked them, I would call the police to help remove them. If they were white people, no one would care; but if they were black people, then I would be called racist.

This is the same thing that happens with the police all of the time. If they arrest a white person, right or wrong, nothing is ever said about it; but even when a black person is arrested for committing a crime, the police are called racist. It has become like a Monopoly “get out of jail free” card.

I am not saying that racism does not exist, and it needs to be stopped where it does exist. All people are as important and any other people of another race, and should not be discriminated against for what race they are. However, it should not be used as an excuse to be treated differently than anyone else either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I saw the video from this incident, and the two men certainly do not seem to look like executives to me. Any business has the right to ask someone to leave their property, just like we have at our homes because it is private property.

If the person does not leave when you ask them to leave, then it is perfectly proper to call the police to make them leave your property, regardless of whether they have committed any crime or not; These men did not leave when asked to leave, so the police were called, and even then they had to be arrested to remove them from the business.

Here is the thing........... if these men had been white and this happened, no one would have cared, and we would not have even seen it on the news. Interestingly, the whole event was photographed; so someone was there to record the whole situation and send it to the news channels; There is nothing that shows these men were asked to leave because of their race. The whole event stinks of being set up to look like racism, in my opinion.

Here in America, race is pushed in any occasion, whether it is racist or not, if it happens to anyone except a white person, regardless of whether the even had any racial aspects to it or not.

If someone came to my door and was upsetting me, and didn’t leave when I asked them, I would call the police to help remove them. If they were white people, no one would care; but if they were black people, then I would be called racist.

This is the same thing that happens with the police all of the time. If they arrest a white person, right or wrong, nothing is ever said about it; but even when a black person is arrested for committing a crime, the police are called racist. It has become like a Monopoly “get out of jail free” card.

I am not saying that racism does not exist, and it needs to be stopped where it does exist. All people are as important and any other people of another race, and should not be discriminated against for what race they are. However, it should not be used as an excuse to be treated differently than anyone else either.
If Starbucks would have called the police to remove two white guys, then this would not have never made the news! But it seems there are new allegations against Starbucks which I have already mentioned about a black guy being refused bathroom, but the white guy was granted access, and when the black guy went to the manager to complain, then security was called to remove him from the store, not looking good.

to7update

Credits
, b

It turned out to be two executives that were meeting someone else at Starbucks, and I assume this was for some type of meeting I guess, so maybe all parties are not really blameless; If you are going to running a business, then everyone should be treated the same, if you are going to kick African Americans out for doing nothing wrong, then maybe you should kick all whites out also, that would have been more fair, but instead, starbucks brought all this negative attention to themselves because two black guys did not buy a $1 cup of coffee, but this is not the first time this inncident has occured with starbucks, another black man asked to use the rest room, and was denied the key code for the bathroom, then went a white guy asked, he immediately got the key code for the bathroom, so starbucks is certainly showing a clear pattern of racism, and if you ask me, I these compaines should do away with the key code system for the bathroom; If you are going to run a business that is open to the public, then the bathroom should be open for all to use, and regardless if you make a purchase or not, and should be law.
Yeah, many times it's all a matter of having some common sense. Either parts could have it. The guys could have bought coffee, the Starbucks staff could have allowed them in, and the police could have been chasing the real criminal instead of people wanting to use the restroom. Common sense seems to be lost these days!!!

I am not defending Starbucks, but many places only provide restrooms for customers who are buying something or eating there, and that is all that a business is legally required to do.

Anytime you serve food, by law, you have to provide customers with an accessible restroom; but you do not have to have it open to the public in general; Many gas stations also require you to ask for a restroom key before you can use the restroom.

If you read some of the horror stories about how restrooms have been trashed, then it is easier to see why any restaurant or food service business would want to make sure that the restrooms stayed as clean as possible for customers.

I have not seen anything that shows that the allegation of a black man being refused, and a white man is allowed, but it might have had nothing at all to do with the race of either person.

If one person was a dirty person off of the street, and the other person was well-dressed and in there to get their morning coffee and muffin, then the usual customer would have been given the bathroom key right away just because he was actually buying food or coffee at the Starbucks.

Again, it would never even have been a story that was in the news (true or not), if it was not something that provoked hatred between races.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I am not defending Starbucks, but many places only provide restrooms for customers who are buying something or eating there, and that is all that a business is legally required to do.

Anytime you serve food, by law, you have to provide customers with an accessible restroom; but you do not have to have it open to the public in general; Many gas stations also require you to ask for a restroom key before you can use the restroom.

If you read some of the horror stories about how restrooms have been trashed, then it is easier to see why any restaurant or food service business would want to make sure that the restrooms stayed as clean as possible for customers.

I have not seen anything that shows that the allegation of a black man being refused, and a white man is allowed, but it might have had nothing at all to do with the race of either person.

If one person was a dirty person off of the street, and the other person was well-dressed and in there to get their morning coffee and muffin, then the usual customer would have been given the bathroom key right away just because he was actually buying food or coffee at the Starbucks.

Again, it would never even have been a story that was in the news (true or not), if it was not something that provoked hatred between races.
a public business does not have a blanket policy right to refuse service, after all, why are they running a business? Who is to say those guys were not going to order something after starting whatever they had planned? You can refuse service if it is reasonable, for instance, lets say I make a visit to your food diner 5 min before closing, and wanted you to make food for 20 which could take 2-3 hours, that alone is a legitimate reason to refuse service since your store was closing in the next 5 minute, and that is a reasonable refusal, and to a certain degree, they can make a refusal. Here is a legal article that gives some legal explanation for Restaurants Right to refuse service to their consumers, not always open and shut case, and as a reminder, a paying customer and trash out a bathroom just as easily as a paying customer and they are a business establishment, not private property per say, and to deny someone bathroom in a public place that serves food is simply disrespectful.

maestro

Credits
I will try as much as possible not to justify what happened in that Starbucks but I've got something to say. The people responsible for every event that occurs on this place are to blame, not the rest of us. Everyone is a victim not unless you know what their agenda is, not until then, you'll be free.

Heatman

Credits
Is this not a case of racism? From what I understand from the who story, when it's only blacks that are targeted, it means that racism is what took place and I'm not in support of any form of racist act. Refusing a man bathroom services is just horrible, when one is pressed why would another be prevented to use the bathroom? Having them arrested for what? This is just abuse of power.