Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
This is what some members were talking about. About the STORE CLOSED issue. We get this when we go to digitalglobal.com
But we don't get this with digitalglobal.com/community
Our marketplace is not online ie: store closed.

DG Marketplace (offline)
https://digitalglobal.com

DG Forum
https://digitalglobal.com/community/

DG Forum Marketplace
https://digitalglobal.com/community/forums/dg-marketplace.96/

There is a forum link on the homepage to guide visitors to the forum.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
Thanks for clearing that up. I was totally confused. It happened twice. I left and came back. Now I see I just visited the wrong page at the site. How soon before you do open up the Marketplace? Any way to change that sign from "Store Closed" to "Coming Soon!"?

Last edited:

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
Thanks for clearing that up. I was totally confused. It happened twice. I left and came back. Now I see I just visited the wrong apge at the site. How soon before you do open up the Marketplace? Any way to change that sign from "Store Closed" to "Coming Soon!"?
Our forum has never been on the home page, but I can see how people can get confused as they may try to enter the site via the root url, and this is why I inserted some navigation links on the home page.

I am afraid the marketplace will not open for several months, unless, quite a few sellers fall into my lap thus giving me a reason to open the marketplace. It will not just be a marketplace, but a vendor marketplace as well, however, we need sellers and vendors, and if they do not fall into our lap, then that means I will have to create products such as ebooks, and once I have enough ebooks, then I maybe able to open the marketplace. If the marketplace has no products, or vendors with products, then no need to open, and this is the reason I started backward first by setting up the forum as it was easier to setup, so I could get it going as soon as possible.

Heatman

Credits
This is what some members were talking about. About the STORE CLOSED issue. We get this when we go to digitalglobal.com
But we don't get this with digitalglobal.com/community
With my discussion on several occasions with @DGStaff, I was informed long ago that the store isn't open yet and that it's getting operational is dependent on the decision of DG. I'm sure that there is a plan on ground to getting the shop up and running sooner than later and once it's accessible, we are all going to benefit from it.

Credits
With my discussion on several occasions with @DGStaff, I was informed long ago that the store isn't open yet and that it's getting operational is dependent on the decision of DG. I'm sure that there is a plan on ground to getting the shop up and running sooner than later and once it's accessible, we are all going to benefit from it.
Let's do a recap on this for a moment. DG told me sometime back that he may consider setting up the marketplace once the forum had 100,000 posts, however, he made a comment the other day that said 3-6 months (I think) But lets go under the assumption he would set up the marketplace when the forum reaches 100k posts, if that is the case, then the forum would need to avg 300 posts per day for a solid year, and that would be 108,000 posts, but if the forum was getting 600 posts per day, then opening the marketplace in 6 months could be feasible.

If you think about everything that I just said, then there would be a pretty good explanation, and that is simple; It would not make sense investing money in the marketplace with having just a few forum lurkers roaming the halls, however, if the forum has 100,000 posts, then that may be enough incoming organic traffic to open the marketplace. Opening the marketplace is not something that DG can throw $50 at, and wah-la, you have a marketplace, and if that was the case, then it would turn out to be a low-quality marketplace or some clone that no one would really care for or even trust; Would you trust a cheap clone marketplace?

Over the last week or two, there has been enough drama on this forum that would drive anyone nuts. Our forum members need to come together, work together, and produce the quality content this forum deserves, and I am surprised that DG has not shut the forum down already with all the internal bickering that we have seen, and to be honest, I am not really sure that 100k posts would be enough compared to some of the posts that I have been seeing, mostly those posts that contain very little to no information, and the constant bad grammar from our forum posters, if you want to see something more, then step up your game, improve your quality, and by all means, most posters certainly need to improve their overall grammar.

Concerning more about the marketplace; DG and I have already talked somewhat about the cost factor, and in order to set up the marketplace, more hosting power, marketplace add-ons, marketplace promotion, misc, costs, then the cost would between $3k-$5k, and I honestly do not see DG spending $5,000 just so the marketplace can sit idle with very little traffic, and this does not include marketplace maintenance, bug fixes, custom work and this can easily exceed $40-50+ per hour, and what would the point be for all these costs if the site is not ranking for a ton of organic keywords so we can receive an ample amount of traffic?

In closing.

Instead of being in a race to nowhere, then make posts that really count. Just because you are able to post fast does not make you a good poster or even a winner for that matter, as low-quality content will only produce a negative impact on the forum.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
Let's do a recap on this for a moment. DG told me sometime back that he may consider setting up the marketplace once the forum had 100,000 posts, however, he made a comment the other day that said 3-6 months (I think) But lets go under the assumption he would set up the marketplace when the forum reaches 100k posts, if that is the case, then the forum would need to avg 300 posts per day for a solid year, and that would be 108,000 posts, but if the forum was getting 600 posts per day, then opening the marketplace in 6 months could be feasible.

If you think about everything that I just said, then there would be a pretty good explanation, and that is simple; It would not make sense investing money in the marketplace with having just a few forum lurkers roaming the halls, however, if the forum has 100,000 posts, then that may be enough incoming organic traffic to open the marketplace. Opening the marketplace is not something that DG can throw $50 at, and wah-la, you have a marketplace, and if that was the case, then it would turn out to be a low-quality marketplace or some clone that no one would really care for or even trust; Would you trust a cheap clone marketplace?

Over the last week or two, there has been enough drama on this forum that would drive anyone nuts. Our forum members need to come together, work together, and produce the quality content this forum deserves, and I am surprised that DG has not shut the forum down already with all the internal bickering that we have seen, and to be honest, I am not really sure that 100k posts would be enough compared to some of the posts that I have been seeing, mostly those posts that contain very little to no information, and the constant bad grammar from our forum posters, if you want to see something more, then step up your game, improve your quality, and by all means, most posters certainly need to improve their overall grammar.

Concerning more about the marketplace; DG and I have already talked somewhat about the cost factor, and in order to set up the marketplace, more hosting power, marketplace add-ons, marketplace promotion, misc, costs, then the cost would between $3k-$5k, and I honestly do not see DG spending $5,000 just so the marketplace can sit idle with very little traffic, and this does not include marketplace maintenance, bug fixes, custom work and this can easily exceed $40-50+ per hour, and what would the point be for all these costs if the site is not ranking for a ton of organic keywords so we can receive an ample amount of traffic?

In closing.

Instead of being in a race to nowhere, then make posts that really count. Just because you are able to post fast does not make you a good poster or even a winner for that matter, as low-quality content will only produce a negative impact on the forum.
no comment.
:unsure: