Summer or Winter

Heatman

Credits
Different seasons of the year can really be a turn on and turn off for most people, the difference in people's body system and genetic make up makes them react to seasons of year differently.

Some people are well much comfortable in summer periods while others are likely more comfy in winter season and vice versa.

Which season between summer and winter do you prefer?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Different seasons of the year can really be a turn on and turn off for most people, the difference in people's body system and genetic make up makes them react to seasons of year differently.

Some people are well much comfortable in summer periods while others are likely more comfy in winter season and vice versa.

Which season between summer and winter do you prefer?
well hell, I do mind being a little warm, so I would have to say, I don't like cold, ROFL, not only that, it tends to be more expensive in the winter since the heater has to run non-stop for most of the day, compared to a small window unit in the hot summer months. The window unit certainly can't keep up, not only that, I have two large fans also, and to be honest, I do not prefer mid-summer heat any more than mid-winter cold.

Heatman

Credits
well hell, I do mind being a little warm, so I would have to say, I don't like cold, ROFL, not only that, it tends to be more expensive in the winter since the heater has to run non-stop for most of the day, compared to a small window unit in the hot summer months. The window unit certainly can't keep up, not only that, I have two large fans also, and to be honest, I do not prefer mid-summer heat any more than mid-winter cold.
Haha :D, I'm the heat hot kind of guy, I literally feel very hot every time and as a result of that, I'm more comfortable during winter season even though it's quite expensive and has so many disadvantages when it comes to disrupting work and movement. Summer is usually regarded as a favorable period for good business and tourism, most people love summer over winter.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Haha :D, I'm the heat hot kind of guy, I literally feel very hot every time and as a result of that, I'm more comfortable during winter season even though it's quite expensive and has so many disadvantages when it comes to disrupting work and movement. Summer is usually regarded as a favorable period for good business and tourism, most people love summer over winter.
neither summer or winter has any real advantages, if you are hot, then you need cold air, and if you are cold, then you would need hot air, and I would rather be warm then even slightly cold because my feet are the first to let me know that I am cold, and do something about it, and I do not disagree with your statement, I suspect no one wants to get out in the cold, snow, etc and do family stuff as it can be miserable, and this is what everyone opts to do family stuff in the fall, and summer months. I am not going to go take a dip in ice cold water, why would anyone else?

Hova

Credits
I'm of those guys who hate the cold so much, I mean you have to wear layers of clothes which always makes me feel uncomfortable. But then again you are going to have like the worst summer unless you own a pool or you are near one. Chances are also high that I will get sick more often during winter than during summer.

NoviceNinja

Credits
I would pick summer over winter in a heartbeat. Even though I have never experienced winter all my life, never been out of the country ever since the day I was born, I still believe having warm weather affects your mood and emotions and brings a more positive vibe. There are more activities you can do during summer compared to winter. Cold weather gives a vibe of loneliness of some sort, I'm not sure, that's what I feel when it rains for example.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I would pick summer over winter in a heartbeat. Even though I have never experienced winter all my life, never been out of the country ever since the day I was born, I still believe having warm weather affects your mood and emotions and brings a more positive vibe. There are more activities you can do during summer compared to winter. Cold weather gives a vibe of loneliness of some sort, I'm not sure, that's what I feel when it rains for example.
There is nothing worse than the power going out at 4 pm on a 90+ degree day. I had to get the generator out from under the house, drain it, gas it back up, start it, then I was able to run the living room, AC Window unit, TV, and two fans, then 2 hours later the power came back on, and this is what I call not being prepared since the power went out around 4 pm, and it finally comes back on around 10 pm, now that I have the generator out, and full of gas, then I will probably run it some more tomorrow in order to burn some of the gas out of the generator; always be prepared for an outage!!!

NoviceNinja

Credits
There is nothing worse than the power going out at 4 pm on a 90+ degree day. I had to get the generator out from under the house, drain it, gas it back up, start it, then I was able to run the living room, AC Window unit, TV, and two fans, then 2 hours later the power came back on, and this is what I call not being prepared since the power went out around 4 pm, and it finally comes back on around 10 pm, now that I have the generator out, and full of gas, then I will probably run it some more tomorrow in order to burn some of the gas out of the generator; always be prepared for an outage!!!
That's good advice for us all. Always be ready.

On a side note, you guys have a generator?! That's so cool! From where I live, when we experience power outages, everyone goes outside of their houses and do mindless chit-chat until the power comes back on. Just imagine not having an internet connection, no AC, no fan, no TV in the middle of the afternoon when the sun is at its peak, it is so hot in here, you know. It makes you very unproductive. I hate it when that happens.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
That's good advice for us all. Always be ready.

On a side note, you guys have a generator?! That's so cool! From where I live, when we experience power outages, everyone goes outside of their houses and do mindless chit-chat until the power comes back on. Just imagine not having an internet connection, no AC, no fan, no TV in the middle of the afternoon when the sun is at its peak, it is so hot in here, you know. It makes you very unproductive. I hate it when that happens.
I was out on the porch because it was far cooler outside then it was inside, however, one of my neighbours was going for gas for his generator, and I asked him if he would look at mine, I have a brand new generator, but it is 2 years old, and has not been cranked up in 2 years, so he did he get it running, and it was on for about 1.5 to 2 hours, then the power came back on, and I do not think our power has ever been off this long; Tonight, I will start the generator again, or try, as I need to learn some basic generator maintaince just in case the power goes out again, and next time, I hope to be more prepared, and yes, it is a tiny generator, but that thing ran AC, TV, lighting in the living room, and could have run the refrig if I had another extention cord.

Heatman

Credits
neither summer or winter has any real advantages, if you are hot, then you need cold air, and if you are cold, then you would need hot air, and I would rather be warm then even slightly cold because my feet are the first to let me know that I am cold, and do something about it, and I do not disagree with your statement, I suspect no one wants to get out in the cold, snow, etc and do family stuff as it can be miserable, and this is what everyone opts to do family stuff in the fall, and summer months. I am not going to go take a dip in ice cold water, why would anyone else?
Haha, well we all have our preferences when it comes to our favorite season of the year. It's true that our body determines the weather we are going to be comfortable in at any moment, just like you described it, when you are warm, cold is needed and when you are cold, warmth is needed. Let me fill you in on one secret of mine, I have never bathed with warm water for once ever since I knew what taking a bath is. Could you imagine that?

KellyGeo

Credits
The cold of winter is a very serious problem for me, as my body is too sensitive to cold weather. I easily get cold once the temperature drops and it's never an easy time for me. The last time I caught a flu, it was a very serious one which had me hospitalized for more than two weeks before my body started responding to treatment. So having said that, winter season is not my best season of the year. I prefer summer season better.