The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

The Power of Social Media .

Credits
When i say social media has power and it's mightier than sword , just like a pen is said to be mightier than the sword , people tend to look at me in an oblique manner , but i have reasons and proof of such bold assumption . Few years back , in my country Nigeria , about 200 students were kidnapped by insurgent group named Boko Haram . People protested , rallied and even threatened the government to work for the release of the school girls , the government seemed not to care , not until the hash tag #freeourgirls emerged and spread across twitter , Facebook , Instagram to mention but a few , within few days , it got to the United Nations and other countries of the world , which made international news outlet like Bbc ,Cnn etc , to carry the story and which made the government to put in more effort in the release . Though a conspiracy theory sprang up that the opposition party had a hand in the kidnap ,and the kidnap is a hoax , this theory is actually becoming popular among the masses , and to be honest , it make more sense .

Gabbar

Credits
I agree with you, Social Media has immense coverage and its free, we can advertise our products and services freely on it and can earn unlimited profit. We can share good things on it and all can see it and learn from it and this can help in making the society better.

ahmedo24

Credits
The power of social media is not measurable cos it has Made everyone to be aware of all that trends across his or her country, continent and the world at large, you get access to news within a blink of an eyes through social media. Politicians also do not play with social media cos they use it as tool to show off their achievement and also use it to demarket their opponents and lots more.

Kei

Credits
Of course there's power in social media. It isn't limited to social interaction these days. There's business, politics, education, jobs and what have you. I think besides knowledge, in this era, social media is another tool that is essential.

Gabbar

Credits
Of course there's power in social media. It isn't limited to social interaction these days. There's business, politics, education, jobs and what have you. I think besides knowledge, in this era, social media is another tool that is essential.
We can discuss and share almost every thing with the help of Social media and it will receive max coverage and this is why Social Media and social Networking websites are so powerful and these can be misused as well.

Kei

Credits
We can discuss and share almost every thing with the help of Social media and it will receive max coverage and this is why Social Media and social Networking websites are so powerful and these can be misused as well.
You are surely right about that. There have been series of kidnapping, trolling, hate speech, scam, fraud etc all as a result of social media. We need to know how to use it the right way. Everything has its good and bad aspect.

ahmedo24

Credits
The best way to use effectively and safe is to try as much as possible to careful of the information you share especially about your self cos just like Kei said about kidnapping and the likes, most of them track from social media information

Credits
I agree with you, Social Media has immense coverage and its free, we can advertise our products and services freely on it and can earn unlimited profit. We can share good things on it and all can see it and learn from it and this can help in making the society better.
Post automatically merged:

You're absolutely right .
Post automatically merged:

I
The power of social media is not measurable cos it has Made everyone to be aware of all that trends across his or her country, continent and the world at large, you get access to news within a blink of an eyes through social media. Politicians also do not play with social media cos they use it as tool to show off their achievement and also use it to demarket their opponents and lots more.

Gabbar

Credits
Social Networking is like Newspaper or News channels and they have a wide reach and it can help the society a lot but these days most news channels are broadcasting paid news which is too much bad for the society.

Junrose123

Credits
I think social media sites can really influence how people think and ithe decion making process. People tend to be affected by social media sites which sometimes they often base their ideas in it.

anorona

Credits
I think social media sites can really influence how people think and ithe decion making process. People tend to be affected by social media sites which sometimes they often base their ideas in it.
Exactly. People nowadays can easily be influenced on what they see on social media sites, especially kids. There are good and bad influence, it will depend on how we take it. In general, social media site could be one of the most powerful tool to use for sending and spreading good and bad informations to people.

Junrose123

Credits
Sometimes social media sites have some unusual content that are not really suitable for kids that is why parental guidance is really recommended. We should watch carefully our kids when acessing to social media sites so that they will not be affected by what they see.

Gabbar

Credits
Its power are immense and we can easily pass our message to billions of people and even more than that easily and that too within seconds and that's the reason Facebook should filter messages which are not good for society.

Junrose123

Credits
Social media nowadays is being used for marketing and online business purposes since it can easily attracts potential customers who would want to buy a certain product or services. It gives benefits to evryone that is why it is being used by most people around the world for different purposes.

ahmedo24

Credits
I see social media as watch dog for every activities that are been run either offline or online especially by high profile people in our society. Today everyone is been cautious of his or her behavior and utterances in public cos social media can easily expose any thing.

Junrose123

Credits
Social media site such as facebook was merely used before for various activities only, but as time goes by it is improving and adding more features and options for people to have. It is a fact that social media sites are changing from time to time to augment the needs of the people.

Credits
You made a good point, a lot of people are making use of social media to bring to bear the disturbing problems in the society and to enable others join forces in tackling those problems. I know of so many issues that the international communities have helped tackled because of its exposure on social media. Social media is really a great tool now.

Junrose123

Credits
Yes social media sites really helps us to some extent since sometimes some more important issues are being tackled in here which makes it more interesting since many people are reacting and commenting to certain post.

chameli

Credits
Social media has a great power. We can use social media to do almost anything, from finding a job to selling things to raising awareness. We can even use social media for political and social campaigns. The MeToo movement was possible only because og social media. by sharing MeToo hashtag, women around the world raised awareness against sexual abuse.

Junrose123

Credits
Social media sites had been a part of our daily living that is why it is very important to us. I cannot imagine my life without social media because it is where I get some important ideas about on the latest happening in the world.