The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

the value of xyz domain

johnywalker

Credits
When Google bought an alphabet domain with xyz extension (abc dot xyz), it was predicted that xyz is going to be the next big internet sensation. However, dot xyz never gained traction. In the early times, it was promoted for 88 cents, a lot of domains were sold, however, most of them were never renewed. Currently, xyz is being uses by spammers and scammers.

Gabbar

Credits
I am trying a website with this domain and seen few payment proofs from them and seen few pay to click websites working with this domain as well. Are you sure only scammers use this domain?

Kehsiba

Credits
Yes. The reason behind this domain extension is it can be brought for less than a dollar.
So after getting block from hosting service provider they can open another domain name.

Gabbar

Credits
Yes. The reason behind this domain extension is it can be brought for less than a dollar.
So after getting block from hosting service provider they can open another domain name.
Also, this domain is very rare, I mean not many websites buy it and as I said, only a few Ptc websites and one mining website, I have seen which have this domain. You could be right that only scam websites buy this one.

chameli

Credits
xyz domain can be registered for less than $1, however, when you are renewing you will have to pay $7. A domain price does not determine the value of a domain. Am io domain cost more does not mean it is better than xyz. The value of the domain is determined by number of factors including the age, backlinks and the contents on the website.

Gabbar

Credits
I think what the OP means was that this domain is available at a lesser price and that's why many scammers can take advantage of it. And there are only a few websites working with this domain.

kattech

Credits
Currently, xyz is being uses by spammers and scammers.
I happened to be one of the people who bought an xyz domain name. 3 Years down the road, my xyz is ranked at PR2. This site am talking about is a business site and rarely gets any updates. It has content about my small business and contacts on where to find me. However, it gets lots of traffic daily and which converts into leads. XYZ is not a spammers domain. Anyone can use it for as long as you optimize it well.

johnywalker

Credits
I happened to be one of the people who bought an xyz domain name. 3 Years down the road, my xyz is ranked at PR2. This site am talking about is a business site and rarely gets any updates. It has content about my small business and contacts on where to find me. However, it gets lots of traffic daily and which converts into leads. XYZ is not a spammers domain. Anyone can use it for as long as you optimize it well.
Thanks for sharing your experience. The people who register xyz domain for fake business, or spamming, never renew it. However, those who bought the domain for serious things will continue to renew, The value of the domain is determined by the website attached.