Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 113 more

[ DG ] Things Your Website May Be Missing

Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
These days, there are many businesses that are run partially or fully online which means that you need a professional website. Unfortunately for many business owners, their websites are missing key components that may be turning away potential customers. Here are several examples of things that your website may be missing.

A Clear Call to Action

Many websites are missing a clear call to action. This is a key component to a successful business website. You need to be able to let potential customers know exactly what you want them to do while on your website. You need to make sure what you tell them exactly what you want them to do in a way that is simple to understand. That way people will not just simply leave your site without doing anything.

No Contact Information

You would think this would be obvious but many business websites are lacking contact information. Here again is something that is essential for a successful website. You need to be sure to put your business's contact information on your website otherwise, how will they contact you if they have questions or want to make a purchase from you. Adding simple pages such as About us, and Contact page is building trust that you should not avoid.

No Authentic Graphics/Videos

Many people who are running online businesses use stock photos instead of taking actual photos of their products. This gives people the wrong impression as to the quality of the products that you are offering. You need to take real authentic photos when you are selling your products online.

These are just a few of the things that you should be making sure to place on your business website. You need to be sure that your website is not missing any essential components so you will not be unintentionally turning people away. By making sure that your website is not missing anything you will have much more success with your business. If you can not convert your traffic into paying customers, then you are certainly doing something wrong, and this does take a skill, and if you are getting poor conversions, then you may need to seek professional conversion advice from a conversion expert.

Last edited:

NoviceNinja

Credits
Another thing to consider is the website design. You have to choose between using infinite scrolling, parallax scrolling or pagination. I don't know much about these things, but I would say avoid parallax scrolling since websites like these make readers dizzy. It's only cool and stylish at first but loses its charm as time goes by. An example of a site that uses parallax is porschevolution.com.

Credits
Another thing to consider is the website design. You have to choose between using infinite scrolling, parallax scrolling or pagination. I don't know much about these things, but I would say avoid parallax scrolling since websites like these make readers dizzy. It's only cool and stylish at first but loses its charm as time goes by. An example of a site that uses parallax is porschevolution.com.
Conversion testing is something a lot of people overlook when setting up a website, as you can not set up a site, and expect people will love the website for all time, and click on the buy button on demand; I am sorry to say, it does not work this way. If this forum was selling something, then would someone buy from us? I would say no! You have to have a level of trust before people will start buying your products and service, and if you are not doing any A/B conversion testing, then all your website is likely to run into is failure. You also need the ability to analyze your conversion testing, so if people are not buying that ebook you are selling, then you have to ask yourself why visitors are not buying, for example:

• buyers may not trust your website.
  • buyers may not like the way your website looks.
  • buyers may not be interested in what you are selling.
  • buyers may think your price point is too high.
  • buyers may think your price point is too low.

Believe it or not, some sellers think if they sell their products dirt cheap, then this will attract buyers, however, sometimes this can backfire, and have the opposite effect you were not looking for, why? If you see a price that is too low, then you may find the entire business very suspicious, then the buyer leaves your website thinking this is just too good to be true, and your visitors do not want to fall for any more scams. I read an article several months back, and it was saying how this person was selling jewelry at very low price points, and she was not selling very much, however, when she raised her prices in the $20-$30 range, then her buyers took her more seriously, and her sales started increasing.

I would recommend that you stop trying to beat the competition, and sell your products and services at prices that work for your business. If you sell too low, then people will not buy from you because they think that you might be a scammer. If your prices are too high, then people will not buy from you at all, and either way, buyers often do not let you know why they are not buying, they just leave your site forever, and this is exactly where A/B conversion testing comes into play. If you are going to run an online business, then you should always be testing your conversions. If you know you have good traffic, and no one is buying, then you have a conversion problem, then I would advise that you consult a conversion expert.

Heatman

Credits
All the tips discussed above in the article are well known to be some of the things that one's business website is missing that would be impacting negatively on the business progress. But I would also like to add missing out on having good support service. When you are setting up a new online business website where you offer products and services to the public, it's very important to take measures set up a quick and responsive support system for your clients to reach out to because once you lack a credible support system, those clients would lose trust in the business and it would mark its end.

overcast

Credits
I think lot of landing pages are dated. Like if you check them they are still using those red colored fonts and the testimonials that take entire pages. And they are missing the big points. People just want to see what they are paying for. And they want to see your offer in action. I think on that note lot of conversion optimization pages need to be changing as well. It's kind of hard to do that lot of testing would be required.

Credits
I think lot of landing pages are dated. Like if you check them they are still using those red colored fonts and the testimonials that take entire pages. And they are missing the big points. People just want to see what they are paying for. And they want to see your offer in action. I think on that note lot of conversion optimization pages need to be changing as well. It's kind of hard to do that lot of testing would be required.
I agree, A/B testing is required, and if you set up a Facebook ad or something, then you may have to set up various ads, even a slight color variance can certainly kill your conversions, and some people may not understand why their one time ad is costing them money compared to not making money, and this could be a result of several factors, however, the two main points, in this case, could be the FB ad, or something wrong with the site, including price factors, and what happens if you do not perform A/B testing? Right, you will certainly end up losing money because you may not be familiar with the entire process from the start.

johnywalker

Credits
If your website is a business/company website, or even an ecommerce site, you need to provide your contact address, including postal address. You should also provide information on where your business is actually registered. If people know that your business has a physical location and is registered with the local administration, you might drive sales.