The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 113 more

Tips for Improving Your Social Media Strategy

Credits
personal-2923048_640.jpg

Social media is without a doubt one of the most influential tools that a business can harness for help in making them successful. You as a business owner need to do all that you can to learn about what social media strategies are going to work the best for your business. The following are a few tips to help you get started.

Mix Up Your Content

Now if you are adding written content to your social media, you are going to find that people are going to get bored quickly. What you need to do is mix up your content by adding photos and videos to the content that you are posting. This tactic is a great thing to do as it will help to keep people interested in what you are posting on your social media accounts.

Make Your Content Easily Shareable

When you are posting to social media for your business, you need to make sure that as many people see it as possible. This means that you need to display engaging content that is simple to share with others. You need to add things like social sharing buttons to make sure that your posts are as simple as possible to share. If you do not do this, you are risking not having content that you post shared.

Don't Leave Anyone Out when You Reply

You need to reply to everyone that leaves a comment no matter if it is positive or not. You need to engage everyone that comments or replies to anything concerning your business. This strategy helps to develop a healthy level of trust when it comes to your business and your target audience as they see that you genuinely care about the issues that they are having.

Being successful on social media does take some work; However, if you take the time to learn more about how to be successful and put it to work for your business, you will be delighted with the results.

When you are running a business, you just may be wondering how to get your social media presence to stand out from your competition. It can be challenging to know what to do to accomplish this effectively. Here are a few tips to assist in helping your social media presence make an impact.

Post Often at the Ideal Time

When you want to make an impact on social media, you need to learn to post often and at the ideal time of day. You want to study the social media platforms that you are using and determine what the best time of day is to be posting about your business. You also need to be sure that you are often posting on your social media accounts. Now, this doesn't mean that you continuously post you need to learn a good balance that will keep your target audience coming back for more.

Know Your Target Audience

You also want to study your audience when it comes to making your social media presence stand out. You need to learn about where your audience is hanging out on social media and how best to reach them. Knowing your audience is going to set your miles apart from businesses that do not bother to do this type of research.

Keep the Conversation Going By Creating Shareable Posts

You will want people to continue talking about your business, so you need to make sure you are creating shareable posts. Making them concise and simple to share and you will be doing an excellent service to your business. If your posts are not easy to share they will get lost in the shuffle when it comes to keeping up with your competition.

These tips are just the start of the things that you can do to make a more significant impact on your social media presence. By putting in the extra effort to learn about what will make your brand stand out online, you will be helping to set yourself up for success on social media.

to7update

Credits
The success in a social media strategy passes a lot by community engagement, and that is a lot related to what you mention above @DGStaff, don't leave anyone without a reply, and know the target audience. Make our audiences participate with giveaways or contests is certainly a good way to keep them involved.

Credits
The success in a social media strategy passes a lot by community engagement, and that is a lot related to what you mention above @DGStaff, don't leave anyone without a reply, and know the target audience. Make our audiences participate with giveaways or contests is certainly a good way to keep them involved.
We are not really into that social media stuff, and I do not think DG has any social accounts that I am aware of; However I have seen huge popular forums die for a couple reasons, and dumb reasons to be honest. One forum that I know right off the bat was Talk Freelance that has over 566,000 posts, and today it is a ghost town from what I am seeing so far, and to be honest, I think it was bad leadership and fights among staffers; If you search DG for Talk Freelance, then I think I did a post about them and gave my reasons on why I think they failed, and you are correct, if your visitors lose interest and stop believing in what you are doing, then they will just simply all scatter like on Talk Freelance, and go somewhere else, and you are right, if the community does not get involved as a whole, then the site will surely die, and if a site no longer appears active, then the old members leave, and new members will not signup because the site already looks dead, so it is very important, if you like this site to any degree, then show your support, and post posts and threads that are related to our niche, and that is the only way a forum/community will survive, so it does not matter how good your site looks, or if you have the best backlinks on the planet, if the site does not enage, and or interact with members, then those members will find other sites that may fill that void in their life that they are looking for. Keep coming back, and keep posting!

Keep in mind, we are only two, and one of us is working on the forum.
It will take an entire community of members to make this a success.

Last edited:

to7update

Credits
You are quite right. I belonged to a gaming community years ago, and it was huge. From a certain point on the staff just started coming down harshly on long-time members saying they were spamming (when all we did was having fun), and it kind of died really. So it's all a matter of creating a good community, with a good community everything else happens naturally.

Credits
You are quite right. I belonged to a gaming community years ago, and it was huge. From a certain point on the staff just started coming down harshly on long-time members saying they were spamming (when all we did was having fun), and it kind of died really. So it's all a matter of creating a good community, with a good community everything else happens naturally.
This is why new members cant turn left or right when they signup if they want to be part of the forum and somewhat work their way to the top, for instance, there is not a lot that new members can do until they reach 100 posts, for instance, if new members want to use a signature, then they will need to work their way up to that point, and we have done this for one main reason, and it would give our forum members that want to be a part of our site an incentive not to screw up and lose their status by getting banned, and I would expect them to sneak back on the forum, and by doing so, they start on the ground floor, so it would be to everyones benefit to read the forum rules, unless they like starting over.

It can take one member to ruin a forum, and issues would need to be addressed swiftly and as quickly as possible. Some people will become loyal members of our site, they will follow the rules, while others may establish themselves, then all of a sudden become troublemakers or become trolls attacking anyone, and everyone because their life is not going the way they anticipated, and if they get banned, then they lose everything. I would prefer not to ban anyone, however, this is not a perfect world, and sooner or later trolls and spammers will be here causing trouble for everyone.

Credits
I agree with you fully that you must always make mixed posts, whenever posting in social media letters or words alone won't cut it, there should always be images, videos and or links at the least, a picture always paints a thousand words. Also making shareable, interesting content is a must.

to7update

Credits
This is why new members cant turn left or right when they signup if they want to be part of the forum and somewhat work their way to the top, for instance, there is not a lot that new members can do until they reach 100 posts, for instance, if new members want to use a signature, then they will need to work their way up to that point, and we have done this for one main reason, and it would give our forum members that want to be a part of our site an incentive not to screw up and lose their status by getting banned, and I would expect them to sneak back on the forum, and by doing so, they start on the ground floor, so it would be to everyones benefit to read the forum rules, unless they like starting over.

It can take one member to ruin a forum, and issues would need to be addressed swiftly and as quickly as possible. Some people will become loyal members of our site, they will follow the rules, while others may establish themselves, then all of a sudden become troublemakers or become trolls attacking anyone, and everyone because their life is not going the way they anticipated, and if they get banned, then they lose everything. I would prefer not to ban anyone, however, this is not a perfect world, and sooner or later trolls and spammers will be here causing trouble for everyone.
Yeah, trolling is everywhere, sadly. Good idea on making the site privileges grow along with the dedication that the member has to the forum, in this way a member feels that what he got was earned, and most likely will appreciate it more.

Last edited by a moderator:

maestro

Credits
I have not got to that point of actually starting my own site but everything that I have learned on this thread will surely help me when I decide to.

to7update

Credits
I have always wanted to start my own side, I mean, I have plenty of ideas, and I think that having the knowledge to do it would make it easier to put those ideas into something real. At the same time, I have never taken the first step to learn, as it requires a lot of time, and eventually money, to acquire that knowledge.

Heatman

Credits
These are wonderful tips on how to fully maximize one's social media account in getting the best out of its usage. Creating good and quality content is one important part of getting more people to take interest in visiting your page very often because you have something interesting and useful to offer them.

Also on not being partial in your replies to your visitors who comment shows how good you are in relationship with your fans. It would push them to share your content on their own page as well. Adding pictures and videos is quite important as well because it would add a flair to the post.

maestro

Credits
I don't mean to sound like a douch but what in the world are back links? Cause I've seen the term appear a lot of times in so many different forums but I've never got a chance to actually find out what it entails.

Heatman

Credits
I don't mean to sound like a douch but what in the world are back links? Cause I've seen the term appear a lot of times in so many different forums but I've never got a chance to actually find out what it entails.
Just take out time and read through this article which I'm going to share its link for you here. It's definitely going to answer all of your questions about backlinks and it's important when it's comes to websites and pages.

https://blog.majestic.com/what-are-...V1YDAjbq8v-wRUY6snv3UxxYD9AG1GxEaAm6pEALw_wcB

Credits
Mr Douch, ROFL.
If you have a site, and I put a link on this forum going back to your site, then that is a backlink. When @Heatman placed a link going back to Majestic.com, then that is a backlink that majestic would get from this forum, as if this forum will make a difference right now. If you have a site, then getting quality backlinks to your site is like getting a vote, the more you get, the higher you rank in search engines. You also have to be careful how you get backlinks also if you get low-quality backlinks, then this could cause more harm then good, and more so for new sites. Right now, we are not actively pursuing backlinks ake search engine optimization aka SEO as we have more pressing tasks at the moment.

These are wonderful tips on how to fully maximize one's social media account in getting the best out of its usage. Creating good and quality content is one important part of getting more people to take interest in visiting your page very often because you have something interesting and useful to offer them.
I have different views on social media, if someone wants to share our site on social media then that is great, however, we do not actively use any type of social media marketing at this time, and we do not think it would benefit us all that much right now; In order for social media to be truly effective, then whatever you are sharing needs to be viral right off the bat, and if it is not, then it is of very little use to use, however, if you are some type of influencer marketer, then we maybe interested in that as I hear influencer-marketing can be very effective if it is applied correctly.

I agree with you fully that you must always make mixed posts, whenever posting in social media letters or words alone won't cut it, there should always be images, videos and or links at the least, a picture always paints a thousand words. Also making shareable, interesting content is a must.
Keeping people interested in any type of site is a challenge, and there will come a time when people start discussing the same methods over and over again, then the site can go deeper into disarray when the owner of the site gives up, maybe because he was never really vested in the site, this is why we have added a media gallery, and the resource center would be for gold members, and this site is not ready for that yet as we simply do not have the traffic to roll out any type paid membership at this time. DG had plans for an awesome theme for the forum, however, I think he has now shifted toward the actual platform for the time being as it looks like it may have a steep learning curve.

Yeah, trolling is everywhere, sadly. Good idea on making the site privileges grow along with the dedication that the member has to the forum, in this way a member feels that what he got was earned, and most likely will appreciate it more.
a troll can turn any forum into death valley; Trolls often have low self-esteem in their own lives, and the only thing they know how to do is to make other people miserable, because if a troll cant have happyness in his own life, then he/she will go out of their way to make sure others are not happy either, and we simply will not stand for that either; It does not matter if you have 10,000 posts, if you turn into a troll which will not longer serve our interests and start attacking other people, then that troll will be banned or suspended, and I am all about 2nd chances, however, if this pattern starts back up again by the troll, then they will be permently banned on the forum, and if they manage to sneak back on the forum under the radar, then they will have to work their way up as a newbie again, and newbie members will not have that much access to anything until they reach 100+ posts, then all the forum goodies start kicking in; DG will not stand for spammers and trolls, and if they do manage to slip through the door, then report them as fast as possible, and will show them out of the backdoor very quickly.

Last edited:

Heatman

Credits
I have different views on social media, if someone wants to share our site on social media then that is great, however, we do not actively use any type of social media marketing at this time, and we do not think it would benefit us all that much right now; In order for social media to be truly effective, then whatever you are sharing needs to be viral right off the bat, and if it is not, then it is of very little use to use, however, if you are some type of influencer marketer, then we maybe interested in that as I hear influencer-marketing can be very effective if it is applied correctly.
Influencer-marketing is quite better especially when you choose the right and perfect influencer for the job. It has a higher chance of meeting the set-out objectives of using the scheme to reach more prospective clients or customers. There is this particular game which I play that is called Top Eleven Football Manager, Jose Mourinho was the influencer used to market the franchise and the moment I saw him, I went and got the game immediately without thinking twice because I have confidence in him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatman

Credits
I feel like I learn something new every time I'm here, thanks @Heatman that link really helped at least now I have an idea of how back links work. @DGStaff I guess I'm Mr Douch now.
You are very much welcome my friend @maestro, it's true what you said about we getting the opportunity to learn on daily basis from those we associate with, and I'm glad to add to your knowledge bank :p.

Credits
Influencer-marketing is quite better especially when you choose the right and perfect influencer for the job. It has a higher chance of meeting the set-out objectives of using the scheme to reach more prospective clients or customers. There is this particular game which I play that is called Top Eleven Football Manager, Jose Mourinho was the influencer used to market the franchise and the moment I saw him, I went and got the game immediately without thinking twice because I have confidence in him.
I am only familiar with influence marketing, however, I have never had to need to really into the process, and it is always important to reach out to other people that maybe in the same niche as you, because if they believe in what you are offering, then they can pull massive amounts of traffic to your site, and be honest, I would not know where to look if DG was interested in Influence Marketing to any certain degree.

Heatman

Credits
I am only familiar with influence marketing, however, I have never had to need to really into the process, and it is always important to reach out to other people that maybe in the same niche as you, because if they believe in what you are offering, then they can pull massive amounts of traffic to your site, and be honest, I would not know where to look if DG was interested in Influence Marketing to any certain degree.
With respect to knowing where to look at for influencer marketing for DG in the future, I would say that as the work on the platform progresses, definitely a time would come when there would be lots of variables to choose from. The reason why I'm of such opinion is that success attracts attention and with such attention would come contact that would offer a good value regarding of an influencer marketing.

Credits
With respect to knowing where to look at for influencer marketing for DG in the future, I would say that as the work on the platform progresses, definitely a time would come when there would be lots of variables to choose from. The reason why I'm of such opinion is that success attracts attention and with such attention would come contact that would offer a good value regarding of an influencer marketing.
and that makes perfect sense also; There would be no reason right now to reach out to any type of influencers, and they probably would not find this place very marketable at the moment, and I would not blame them either, as there is not that much here, and we have much work to do, and you are right, people are attracted to success, then it starts to become a snowball effect, however, the only thing we really have to offer is a cool looking brandable domain, and I am afraid that alone is not going to do all that much in bringing quality traffic to our site.

Heatman

Credits
and that makes perfect sense also; There would be no reason right now to reach out to any type of influencers, and they probably would not find this place very marketable at the moment, and I would not blame them either, as there is not that much here, and we have much work to do, and you are right, people are attracted to success, then it starts to become a snowball effect, however, the only thing we really have to offer is a cool looking brandable domain, and I am afraid that alone is not going to do all that much in bringing quality traffic to our site.
At least DG isn't stagnant at the moment in my opinion, as long as we add content and some other efforts towards lifting the site, definitely in no distant time the desired traffic the site is looking for would start flooding in. It's only when the site stays dormant with no one adding to it that it would fade out.