Register
Join
+ 108 more

Using western union to receive money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatman

Credits
There are so many payments processor we have today which most freelance sites uses for paying it's members. Example are PayPal, payonerr, Amazon gift cards etc but there is western union money transfer. I haven't actually seen any freelance site that makes use of western union money transfer to send money to its members and it makes me wonder what the reason could be why the payment processor isn't used.

Credits
There are so many payments processor we have today which most freelance sites uses for paying it's members. Example are PayPal, payonerr, Amazon gift cards etc but there is western union money transfer. I haven't actually seen any freelance site that makes use of western union money transfer to send money to its members and it makes me wonder what the reason could be why the payment processor isn't used.
@DigitalGlobal has mentioned in another post that he would be willing to send Western Union if members could not accept Paypal for one reason or another, and Paypal may not be available for others to receive that are located in certain countries, however, in order for this to be effective for DG and the other member, then that member must have 100k coins, and I know this does not sound attractive, but if there are no other payment options he can use, then this would be it. I suspect others may not use WU simply because someone has to go out of their way, use their time, and gas in order to find a WU location.

Heatman

Credits
@DigitalGlobal has mentioned in another post that he would be willing to send Western Union if members could not accept Paypal for one reason or another, and Paypal may not be available for others to receive that are located in certain countries, however, in order for this to be effective for DG and the other member, then that member must have 100k coins, and I know this does not sound attractive, but if there are no other payment options he can use, then this would be it. I suspect others may not use WU simply because someone has to go out of their way, use their time, and gas in order to find a WU location.
Well, I wouldn't have any problem with using WU to receive payment because there are lots of WU locations here in my country. In fact, all the banks here have WU agent working within the bank. I have used their services to receive money from my family and friends abroad. Although using it to receive payment from DG will be hard as a result needing to have 100k coins. It's going to take ages to get the number of coins.

chameli

Credits
You can send money via western union online, you do not have to drive to western union agent. I cannot say about other countries. However, here in my home country, I do not have to drive to western unioon to receive payment. I can use my mobile wallets to withdraw through western union.

moh254

Credits
Mostly western unions are linked to banks but then I have never received any cash using western union. We also have money gram but then I have never known how these two are used and the processes required.

Junrose123

Credits
I think that western union payment is really a good option for those people that don't have an access at PayPal but I also heard that the fees on western union is much higher than the PayPal.

moh254

Credits
I think that western union payment is really a good option for those people that don't have an access at PayPal but I also heard that the fees on western union is much higher than the PayPal.
But then,not all the admins will accept sending cash via western union. Or maybe if you can negotiate with them although its not a guarantee.

Gabbar

Credits
I heard even it attracts big fee so don't think it's worth as well but if a website only pay with it then its fine as its secured.

Junrose123

Credits
But then,not all the admins will accept sending cash via western union. Or maybe if you can negotiate with them although its not a guarantee.
Yes that is right it is the only setback that I am thinking about western union because it is very rare to see a site that would pay us through such agent.

Thakur

Credits
Maybe some of them don't consider it because of the fee to send the money. It could be more than what they are willing to spend and they might have to deduct it from the workers money if they use it. I think if there can be an agreement on a reasonable fee and who will pay for it then this could be a good payment option.

Gabbar

Credits
Once I requested one of my friends to send money through Western union as she owes from me but we came to know that the withdrawal fee is around 12% so we dropped the idea.

Thakur

Credits
Once I requested one of my friends to send money through Western union as she owes from me but we came to know that the withdrawal fee is around 12% so we dropped the idea.
This cause many people not to use the service especially if the money is small. They think it wouldn't be worth it unless they wait for a later cash out with more money.

Gabbar

Credits
This cause many people not to use the service especially if the money is small. They think it wouldn't be worth it unless they wait for a later cash out with more money.
You are right. I was thinking that it's easier to get paid through it but it's not and that's why I'm not much interested into it. Hope they atleast reduce the fee.

Gabbar

Credits
That's nice to know, May be it's different from country to country and there can be a option when the sender pays the fee so your fee might has been paid by Google.

Junrose123

Credits
I have never tried to receive payment or any money through western union since most of the time I am receiving it through PayPal because it is the most preferred way of paying by most companies out there.

a_jerobon

Credits
When I wasn't aware of PayPal, I used to receive money from abroad through western union. It is so convenient for such. I also wonder why online sites do not use it as a payment method.

Junrose123

Credits
In my country in the Philippines, I only see few branches of western union and most of the time they only have some branches into some big Cities which makes it hard sometimes for other people to claim their money remittances.

ahmedo24

Credits
Virtually all banks in my country have western union facilities that enable us to receive money abroad with little charges. The experience has been wonderful.

Gabbar

Credits
The only thing which makes it easy is we can receive funds easily and just need to verify our identity by providing the pin and the ID

Status
Not open for further replies.