The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

[ LEGIT ] Venmo.com Review

Heatman

Credits
We are all familiar with PayPal because it's one of the most used online payment processor for sending and receiving money online. Now PayPal have a side chick if I'm to put it that way and it's called Venmo. Venmo works exactly the same way PayPal works with sending and receiving money. The only downside to using venmo is that it's services is only available for those in US.

https://venmo.com/about/product/

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
We are all familiar with PayPal because it's one of the most used online payment processor for sending and receiving money online. Now PayPal have a side chick if I'm to put it that way and it's called Venmo. Venmo works exactly the same way PayPal works with sending and receiving money. The only downside to using venmo is that it's services is only available for those in US.

https://venmo.com/about/product/
a crap name, along with a cheap website.
are you sure this is owned by Paypal?

If you want to see all the complaints, then read this:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/venmo.html

If this is truly owned by Paypal, then they do not know anything about branding, and I am not sure what Venmo stands for, nor is it a site that I would likely do business with, along with bad branding, the site looks like it was created by a cheap developer, and once you read over the first few complaints, then it may not take you long to make a decision to leave the site, and I am not sure why Paypal would want another type of pay site, when the term Paypal does all the work for them, so it would same if Venmo is owned by Paypal, then that would imply they are going backward, and from what I see so far, then I would not use them.

Heatman

Credits
a crap name, along with a cheap website.
are you sure this is owned by Paypal?

If you want to see all the complaints, then read this:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/venmo.html

If this is truly owned by Paypal, then they do not know anything about branding, and I am not sure what Venmo stands for, nor is it a site that I would likely do business with, along with bad branding, the site looks like it was created by a cheap developer, and once you read over the first few complaints, then it may not take you long to make a decision to leave the site, and I am not sure why Paypal would want another type of pay site, when the term Paypal does all the work for them, so it would same if Venmo is owned by Paypal, then that would imply they are going backward, and from what I see so far, then I would not use them.
Venmo is definitely owned by PayPal because from the research that I have made so far, all information points to it being a subsidiary of PayPal. You can read more about PayPal relationship with Venmo here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venmo

On the issue of complaints about venmo, there are still so many bad reviews targeted at PayPal itself especially with the constant limitation of users account.

Gabbar

Credits
I haven't checked this but as it's only for the US members then I don't even bother looking at it and as @DGStaff mentioned it may not be any effective or useful for us.

Heatman

Credits
I haven't checked this but as it's only for the US members then I don't even bother looking at it and as @DGStaff mentioned it may not be any effective or useful for us.
Yes, it's only available for people who are living in the United States of America and this is a huge downside to the product. Having it extremely limited to US alone is a major red flag for most people. Why won't PayPal make it as available as their main payment processor?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Yes, it's only available for people who are living in the United States of America and this is a huge downside to the product. Having it extremely limited to US alone is a major red flag for most people. Why won't PayPal make it as available as their main payment processor?
I don't really understand why Paypal would even need a secondary domain for payment processing, regardless of what areas they support or not, as it does not really make sense for Paypal to have multiple provider domains. I guess this could be some type of experiment by Paypal so they can test the quality of payment services they allow, and in this case, US only.

Heatman

Credits
I don't really understand why Paypal would even need a secondary domain for payment processing, regardless of what areas they support or not, as it does not really make sense for Paypal to have multiple provider domains. I guess this could be some type of experiment by Paypal so they can test the quality of payment services they allow, and in this case, US only.
That might be the best possible case scenario for them having a spin off payment processor on a test trial only available for people living in US, so that should there be any problems with using it, it's fallout can easily be contained unlike how difficult it would be if it's used all over the countries where PayPal service is available.

chameli

Credits
Paypal has a lot of drawbacks, it cannot be used every where. For instance, in my home country, we cannot use paypal to receive mony, we can only send money. yet, for most of us, especially those who are working online, there is no alternative for paypal. If Venmo is only available in the US, it is of no use to me.

Gabbar

Credits
Paypal has a lot of drawbacks, it cannot be used every where. For instance, in my home country, we cannot use paypal to receive mony, we can only send money. yet, for most of us, especially those who are working online, there is no alternative for paypal. If Venmo is only available in the US, it is of no use to me.
That's actually not fair and I believe your government should do something in that. I heard now Bangladesh has sorted out issues and it's helping users to have PayPal.

chameli

Credits
That's actually not fair and I believe your government should do something in that. I heard now Bangladesh has sorted out issues and it's helping users to have PayPal.
In my home country, government monitors how money comes in the country and how it goes out of the country. That's because of issues like money laundering and trying to convert black money to white money. However, by restricting paypal, government is also creating problems for people who work online.

Gabbar

Credits
In my home country, government monitors how money comes in the country and how it goes out of the country. That's because of issues like money laundering and trying to convert black money to white money. However, by restricting paypal, government is also creating problems for people who work online.
The same thing applies to us, Government feel that we can Indulge in Money laundering or even hoarding dollars in PayPal and that's why we cannot save money in PayPal and things are worse if we talk about bitcoins.