The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 36 more

What Do You Normally Post In Social Media?

Credits
Ive been concentrating on Facebook lately and I have several accounts there, I have 2 Anime Groups and an Anime Page also an Events Group, Movie Group, News Blogging Group and some other groups which I regularly post in. In my Anime Groups I post mostly full episode videos of Animes and related materials. In my Movie Group well I post Good Movies. In my Events Group I blog about events and stuff like special promos and good places to dine in.

Hova

Credits
I used to post about everything back when I couldn't get off facebook and twitter. I didn't have anything in particular because they were my personal account. At some point last year I just got bored of posting random thoughts, so I deactivated all my account.

KellyGeo

Credits
If I'm being honest, I don't post anything about my personal life on any social media sites especially not on Facebook because it's not worth getting your life in the limelight of public viewing. But such cannot be said by all the attention seeking celebrities who for fame sake upload almost 99% percent of their private personal life on social media. The other day there was this celebrity called Banky W who recently just got married and on one of his honeymoon indoor events with his wife, he took a picture and got his wife naked in the background of the picture. What advantage is that to the society? I mainly use my Facebook for social media marketing purposes and reading of news feeds.

Hova

Credits
Everyone needs a little attention once in a while and there is nothing really wrong with it. I guess the problem comes in when people go to extreme measures to acquire this attention. Celebrities, on the other hand, are mostly judged because every little bit concerning their lives is constantly being analyzed under a microscope. But I guess this is the price of fame.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoviceNinja

Credits
If I'm being honest, I don't post anything about my personal life on any social media sites especially not on Facebook because it's not worth getting your life in the limelight of public viewing. But such cannot be said by all the attention seeking celebrities who for fame sake upload almost 99% percent of their private personal life on social media. The other day there was this celebrity called Banky W who recently just got married and on one of his honeymoon indoor events with his wife, he took a picture and got his wife naked in the background of the picture. What advantage is that to the society? I mainly use my Facebook for social media marketing purposes and reading of news feeds.
Same, I do not post events, personal drama or even achievements in my social media accounts. I firmly believe that your social media life is a misrepresentation of who you are, and it is more like your digital self. I know a lot of people who liked books they haven't even read, liked movies they haven't even watched, and are friends with people they haven't even met. That is not the kind of image I want for myself.

I use social media sites like Facebook to get in touch with family and friends. I also use it to obtain specific information like news, weather advisories from government offices, public service announcements, etc.. That is all.

KellyGeo

Credits
Same, I do not post events, personal drama or even achievements in my social media accounts. I firmly believe that your social media life is a misrepresentation of who you are, and it is more like your digital self. I know a lot of people who liked books they haven't even read, liked movies they haven't even watched, and are friends with people they haven't even met. That is not the kind of image I want for myself.

I use social media sites like Facebook to get in touch with family and friends. I also use it to obtain specific information like news, weather advisories from government offices, public service announcements, etc.. That is all.
I always advise anyone or any friend of mine to keep his or her personal life very far away from any social media especially Facebook and Instagram or LinkedIn. This is because most people on these social media sites aren't presenting their real life and personality on these sites. In fact, if I'm to rate how I see people operation and activities on social media, I would categorically consider 90% of what people upload and update to fake and direct opposite of who they are. I don't need to say much about the activities of online scammers, don't leave any data about yourself that can be used against you.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Everyone needs a little attention once in a while and there is nothing really wrong with it. I guess the problem comes in when people go to extreme measures to acquire this attention. Celebrities, on the other hand, are mostly judged because every little bit concerning their lives is constantly being analyzed under a microscope. But I guess this is the price of fame.
Some people just need to stay off social media period, such as Rosie o' Donnel which made bad comments on social media, now her acting career is over, and I would say keep your bad personal comments to your self, because there is no such thing as freedom of speech, and what you say on social media can certainly get you fired, and just because you can do not mean you should, in the right hands, social media can be a powerful tool.

Hova

Credits
Damn! Can you imagine getting fired of being passed up for a job because you can't keep you cool on social media? It is just sad how stupid rants and photos might turn your life into shit in just a matter of seconds. Whatever persona you portray on your online profiles is what people will believe to be your true self and thus treating you in the same manner. It is wise to keep in mind that your reputation is always on the line, so it is always best to tread carefully.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Goddamn! Can you imagine getting fired of being passed up for a job because you can't keep you cool on social media? It is just sad how stupid rants and photos might turn your life into shit in just a matter of seconds. Whatever persona you portray on your online profiles is what people will believe to be your true self and thus treating you in the same manner. It is wise to keep in mind that your reputation is always on the line, so it is always best to tread carefully.
It happens all the time, in fact, one comment someone made really appealing; One of trumps aide made a comment about Senator McCain, and said, whats the point, he is just drying of brain cancer anyways. I do not remember what the entire conversation was about, however, her comment hit social media, and within a short period of time she was fired from her job, so if you thought you have the right to free speech, you really don't, and if you do not have anything good to say on any type of site regardless if it is social media, then it is best that you keep your comments to yourself, otherwise, if you are not careful, then you could get fired, and this happens quite often since some people appear to have no common sense.

NoviceNinja

Credits
It happens all the time, in fact, one comment someone made really appealing; One of trumps aide made a comment about Senator McCain, and said, whats the point, he is just drying of brain cancer anyways. I do not remember what the entire conversation was about, however, her comment hit social media, and within a short period of time she was fired from her job, so if you thought you have the right to free speech, you really don't, and if you do not have anything good to say on any type of site regardless if it is social media, then it is best that you keep your comments to yourself, otherwise, if you are not careful, then you could get fired, and this happens quite often since some people appear to have no common sense.
Hate speech is free speech, as bad as it sounds it's true. As long as it's not someone trying to do PHYSICAL harm, it's freedom of speech. Just because someone does not agree with you does not make haters ignorant, makes them different minded. You have freedom of speech, but you also have consequences that go with it. You can say what you want, but you also have to take responsibility for what comes out of your mouth and should be held responsible.

Hova

Credits
Is it freedom of speech? Yes, there is no argument there. No one has the right to censor others just because they feel insulted or they don't agree with your view of things. What you have to keep in mind is, there is no such thing as 'freedom of speech' no matter how badly you want it to exist. Unless you can say whatever you feel like without getting into trouble, then freedom of speech is just another illusion. My attitude is like, you can say whatever you like so long as you don't break any rules.

Heatman

Credits
From time to time, I do post on social media especially on Facebook when I have the time to do so. Most times, I'm too committed to have time for social media escapade but once I get to drop by on the site, I always try to cover up for the less time I put in on my social media accounts with Facebook being the number one.

Recently, I created a new page called "The Base", and I'm looking at putting in more time on my Facebook to grow the page. A post I made on the page on 14/06/2018 have generated around 200 organic traffic and 3 shares.

Hova

Credits
That is pretty great @Heatman, what is the page all about? I don't think with the kind of hours I'm spending online working, I can have time to deal with a facebook profile let alone a page. Let me know what it actually entails, maybe I can check it out sometime.

Heatman

Credits
That is pretty great @Heatman, what is the page all about? I don't think with the kind of hours I'm spending online working, I can have time to deal with a facebook profile let alone a page. Let me know what it actually entails, maybe I can check it out sometime.
Just like I said, the page is still new and there isn't much on it yet but I'm doing my best to to build it up by adding new contents to the page. It offers soccer news and a little reviews on some online making money sites just like we add reviews on this our platform Digital Global. I'm too committed to invest much time on the page, so it's going to take a while before I spend more time on it and when I get to have such opportunity, I would do everything in my power to make the page command good number of people when it has wider reach.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Just like I said, the page is still new and there isn't much on it yet but I'm doing my best to to build it up by adding new contents to the page. It offers soccer news and a little reviews on some online making money sites just like we add reviews on this our platform Digital Global. I'm too committed to invest much time on the page, so it's going to take a while before I spend more time on it and when I get to have such opportunity, I would do everything in my power to make the page command good number of people when it has wider reach.
If you are going to have a facebook page, then you really should be as specific as possible. What are your goals with the page? Are you planning to make money? If you are going to write news, then that is very general, and not very specific, however, if your topic is going to be about making money, then that may be tough also, making money terms are very competitive in google search, and will certainly take a long time, and this is assuming Facebook is SEO friendly, and most social media networks are not these days, and I bet Facebook as their own internal ranking system.

Heatman

Credits
If you are going to have a facebook page, then you really should be as specific as possible. What are your goals with the page? Are you planning to make money? If you are going to write news, then that is very general, and not very specific, however, if your topic is going to be about making money, then that may be tough also, making money terms are very competitive in google search, and will certainly take a long time, and this is assuming Facebook is SEO friendly, and most social media networks are not these days, and I bet Facebook as their own internal ranking system.
At the moment, I'm not looking at making money directly through the Facebook page but I wouldn't say so in the future time. My focus now is to grow the page and see how good it's going to be with people constantly trying to reach out for more information or another thing. It's from how things goes that would facilitate my move to make money from it.

Kei

Credits
Ive been concentrating on Facebook lately and I have several accounts there, I have 2 Anime Groups and an Anime Page also an Events Group, Movie Group, News Blogging Group and some other groups which I regularly post in. In my Anime Groups I post mostly full episode videos of Animes and related materials. In my Movie Group well I post Good Movies. In my Events Group I blog about events and stuff like special promos and good places to dine in.
Do you earn from these activities on facebook or do you share some sort of affiliate links?

I rarely post stuff on social media but when I do, they are mostly affiliate links and advertising products. As we know, social media is a tool to be used discretely.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Do you earn from these activities on facebook or do you share some sort of affiliate links?

I rarely post stuff on social media but when I do, they are mostly affiliate links and advertising products. As we know, social media is a tool to be used discretely.
personally, I do not really care for social media accounts, however, I can understand why others may want to use them as social media can be useful if you are looking to get your message across, no matter what that message may be, I know DG started using twitter last month, so if you wish to follow Digital Global on twitter then feel free, however, I have heard that he has been getting spam followers, and I am sure some of those followers are legit, and I guess that is the price you pay when you utilize social media, and like the saying goes "you get what you pay for" ROFL.
https://twitter.com/DigitalGlobalJV

I mostly post on Facebook mostly life events or where I'll be going over the weekend.Or maybe at times pics of mine for those friends of mine who might have missed me especially my outlook. What I usually avoid posting is my real life situations and my relations status and all the things happening in my life.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I mostly post on Facebook mostly life events or where I'll be going over the weekend.Or maybe at times pics of mine for those friends of mine who might have missed me especially my outlook. What I usually avoid posting is my real life situations and my relations status and all the things happening in my life.
absolutely, you most certainly should never post anything as it is happening, for instance, "I'm on vacation in London" while you are on vacation in London, then the bad guys know exactly where you are, then they can break into your house like a kid taking cookies from the cookie jar, and it is always best if you post your pictures, images, and videos after the event has passed so never let anyone know what you are doing at the moment.