The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

What is Drop shipping? Explained in a simple term

Kehsiba

Credits
Drop shipping is a kind of e-commerce business where you can promote and sell others product with a profit that you keep. You just need a website to do drop shipping. That's all the process. The buyer will pay you for that product and you need to provide the buyer's billing address to your main seller. They will take care of the shipping part.

Dropshipping can be done with popular companies like Alibaba, e-bay, Amazon, Walmart and so many are there. If you find some whole seller nearby your location you can ask them about this process. So if they agree you can start drop shipping and earn real money online.

But I recommend you to start only if you have a strong will and patience.

You can do this with popular CMS like WordPress and Dedicated portal called Shopify. You can surely earn tons of dollar if you follow all procedures correctly. You can use Facebook Ads and Instagram Influencers to market your store.

Gabbar

Credits
@Kehsiba I am hearing a lot about drop shipping and it looks like a great way to earn money. Can we try it without a website? How much minimum money do you think we need to invest to start working for it?

Kehsiba

Credits
No. You can only start dropshipping if you are ready to spend more money on advertising.
You can do dropshipping with websites or a face book page.

But I recommend you to start with websites.

You need $300 minimum to enter this dropshipping business.

If you know some whole salers you can start dropshipping with WordPress.

If you are going to dropship with popular websites like Amazon,ebay then you need Shopify website which costs $29 per month.

A K Rao

Credits
For me it looks like a job of a commission agent. I really fail to understand why any customer should come to us and pay for a product that is already available on the popular sites like FlipCart, Amazon etc. ? Could you kindly explain?

chameli

Credits
@Kehsiba I am hearing a lot about drop shipping and it looks like a great way to earn money. Can we try it without a website? How much minimum money do you think we need to invest to start working for it?
You can try dropshipping without any investment, without any website. For instance, you set up a store on ebay, import some products from aliexpress. Customers buy from your ebay store, you forward to the shipping details to the actual seller along with the payment (you take your cuts), and the seller sends the product to your buyer. The dropshipping business will be better if you have a website, though.

Gabbar

Credits
You can try dropshipping without any investment, without any website. For instance, you set up a store on ebay, import some products from aliexpress. Customers buy from your ebay store, you forward to the shipping details to the actual seller along with the payment (you take your cuts), and the seller sends the product to your buyer. The dropshipping business will be better if you have a website, though.
Thanks for explaining , it does look pretty good and surely can be started with a lesser investment as well and we can make decent profit from it over a length of time.

Kehsiba

Credits
It's saturated nowadays. People are trying hard to get sales. It would be worth if you have a huge fanbase on social media.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we can try to have a huge fanbase on social networking websites with the help of more promotion and sharing more about our products and achievements.

earnmaster

Credits
the main thing here is the ability to promote and for that one need to have strong followers either online or offline. I think affilate program is much more suitable for me.

overcast

Credits
Dropshipping is basically a service where you buy product from the cheap nation where they can design that in wholesale. You take the higher price cut. And then add the charges. And deliver the product to the persons home. And in the due process you get to earn some fees. So it is kind of hit and miss way of making money in first few years.