The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

What Makes Bollywood/Indian Movies Special?

Gabbar

Credits
Most of us like to watch movies and even before the Globalization people like to watch movies from different countries and appreciate them and compare their local movies with that.

Bollywood or the Indian Hindi Movie Industry may not be compared with For example, Hollywood but still its special and I'll try to share about that in this thread.

Acting: Indian movie Industry is blessed to have one of the finest actors since beginning and even now there are many names who act so well and are complete actors.

Dance : TThere used to be a time when most of the actors were not good at dancing skills but from past few years this has changed and now we have many of finest actors who can dance so professionally.

Global Audience: Indian movie Industry have managed to attract Global Audience and most of the movies are also released/Broadcasted in different parts of Asia and even In European countries as well and have a huge fan following in the USA and even in Canada.

Last but not the least,

Script: Most of the movies have Unique script which can entertain the Audience and give them the best experience of getting worth of their monies spent.

Thanks for reading.

a_jerobon

Credits
Most of us like to watch movies and even before the Globalization people like to watch movies from different countries and appreciate them and compare their local movies with that.

Bollywood or the Indian Hindi Movie Industry may not be compared with For example, Hollywood but still its special and I'll try to share about that in this thread.

Acting: Indian movie Industry is blessed to have one of the finest actors since beginning and even now there are many names who act so well and are complete actors.

Dance : TThere used to be a time when most of the actors were not good at dancing skills but from past few years this has changed and now we have many of finest actors who can dance so professionally.

Global Audience: Indian movie Industry have managed to attract Global Audience and most of the movies are also released/Broadcasted in different parts of Asia and even In European countries as well and have a huge fan following in the USA and even in Canada.

Last but not the least,

Script: Most of the movies have Unique script which can entertain the Audience and give them the best experience of getting worth of their monies spent.

Thanks for reading.
I love watching Indian movies. Indians are very good actors. To add on what you have said, Indians have a unique way of entertaining us through music and of course dancing. I love Indian music and when it is incorporated in the movies, it makes it more interesting.

Kei

Credits
I used to be a fan when I was little. I loved how much they portrayed dance, music and flowers in their movies. I know now they are one of the leading movie industries. They have competent actors with global recognition.

Gabbar

Credits
@a_jerobon @Kei Thanks for saying that. I have seen in the recent past that most of the movies are made with the view point of Global audience as even the makers are aware that these will be released in different countries and one of the reason for that is, That we Indian's are in most of the parts of the world and in large groups in some countries like the USA, UK and Canada.

Kei

Credits
@a_jerobon @Kei Thanks for saying that. I have seen in the recent past that most of the movies are made with the view point of Global audience as even the makers are aware that these will be released in different countries and one of the reason for that is, That we Indian's are in most of the parts of the world and in large groups in some countries like the USA, UK and Canada.
It is also marketing strategy. You see, if other audience from different parts of the world are carried along, they'd be more interested to see what they say and how they are portrayed. This in
turn means more market for the industry.

Gabbar

Credits
Of course, this is helping the Indian Movie Industry to grow @Kei and it's important as well. The world is already a Global village and we all like to watch Hollywood movies and most movies releases on the same day here as like in Hollywood along with different countries and most like them. And by adding Actors from different countries, it helps in attracting even more Audience to the theaters.

anorona

Credits
I have watched some Indian movies before and all I can say is that their movies are very entertaining. It is longer compare to other countries movie but it is worth to watch. I have 2 personal favorite indian movies which are PK and 3 idiots. I really love how the actors portrait their characters, more to that are the lessons that will make you realize a lot of things in life.

Gabbar

Credits
I have watched some Indian movies before and all I can say is that their movies are very entertaining. It is longer compare to other countries movie but it is worth to watch. I have 2 personal favorite indian movies which are PK and 3 idiots. I really love how the actors portrait their characters, more to that are the lessons that will make you realize a lot of things in life.
Yeah I have a few friends from Philippines and they are also fan of 3 Idiots movie and this tells me that most are aware of Aamir Khan in Philippines and he's surely a perfectionist.

anorona

Credits
Yeah I have a few friends from Philippines and they are also fan of 3 Idiots movie and this tells me that most are aware of Aamir Khan in Philippines and he's surely a perfectionist.

We loved the story of 3 idiots because it is really inspiring. Aamir Khan nailed his role there. I laughed, cried, felt disappointed(on joy’s suicide part) and touched by this movie. For me, it is really one of the best movie that I have seen, it is actually my most favorite. :)

ahmedo24

Credits
I love watching their movies too, the way they dance and sing is quite amazing. My childhood learn the basic Indian language through their movies, I wouldn't know now but as at then she only watch Indian movies. I hope to keep up the standard

Gabbar

Credits
We loved the story of 3 idiots because it is really inspiring. Aamir Khan nailed his role there. I laughed, cried, felt disappointed(on joy’s suicide part) and touched by this movie. For me, it is really one of the best movie that I have seen, it is actually my most favorite. :)
Yeah it surely is a great movie and in case you wanna try another movie and that too of Aamir Khan than try Dangal. It's the real story of Indian Female wrestlers.

anorona

Credits
Yeah it surely is a great movie and in case you wanna try another movie and that too of Aamir Khan than try Dangal. It's the real story of Indian Female wrestlers.

Thanks for suggestion, I will see it when I get a chance. Well, I guess Aamir Khan is one of the most valuable artist in your country? He is giving justice in every role that he portrait. I also loved his acting on PK, very natural and funny.

Gabbar

Credits
Thanks for suggestion, I will see it when I get a chance. Well, I guess Aamir Khan is one of the most valuable artist in your country? He is giving justice in every role that he portrait. I also loved his acting on PK, very natural and funny.
Yeah and he earned the tag of a Perfectionist with his work and he will be soon see in doing different roles in movies and he's working hard to do justice with those roles.

Gabbar

Credits
These days we are seeing many biographies of sports personalities and I am excited about these. There was a Movie on the Indian Former Cricket captain M.S. Dhoni and that was a spectacular movie.

ptrikha20

Credits
Yes 3 idiots is one of my favorites too! It reflected reality but in a fun way.
Post automatically merged:

Last but not the least,

Thanks for reading.
Traditionally Indian movies were famous for their song and dance sequences and excellent songs.
Other factors are still a lot of family value based and light comic movies.
But in recent years, more serious movies too have won national and International acclaim.
Yet I felt sad that movies like Lagaan, 3 idiots, Rang De Basanti were never considered for Oscars.
And I like Masala action movies too!

anorona

Credits
Yes 3 idiots is one of my favorites too! It reflected reality but in a fun way.
Post automatically merged:

Traditionally Indian movies were famous for their song and dance sequences and excellent songs.
Other factors are still a lot of family value based and light comic movies.
But in recent years, more serious movies too have won national and International acclaim.
Yet I felt sad that movies like Lagaan, 3 idiots, Rang De Basanti were never considered for Oscars.
And I like Masala action movies too!
Yes, and I really love the message of the movie about education and life. It shows that we dont need to pressure ourselves to be number 1, what is more important is that the determination to learn , and for teachers to teach their students more than the book offers.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
I approve of the “conservatism” of Bollywood movies. There was once a time when we had censorship in America and certain things were not allowed. But that's changed. They allow foul language and nudity, they even have children cussing. It doesn't make the movie better! The script writers don't even bother with thinking of something memorable. It's like if they run out of dialogue just throw in a bunch of 4-letter words to fill the void. I like when the movies had lines that you heard and you would take the quote away with you long after the movie was over.

Anyway. No matter because I can now access foreign films such as Bollywood movies to watch and be entertained without being offended. What I really like the most is the music. Not just the Indian music but Indian versions of American songs. I loved when Shahrukh Khan performed “Stand by Me” in that movie “Dildaara”.

The music is so good you might be tempted to think the movie script was written to accompany the music and not that a soundtrack was composed to go along with the movie. Because you can listen to the songs and never even watch the movie. (I know. My husband does it all the time.)

Last edited: