The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

WhatsApp in trouble in India??

arunima25

Credits
WhatsApp has a big market in India but lately the company is under scanner. Hope that things are resolved fast and users of WhatsApp do not face the ban of the company in India. WhatsApp is used so widely in India and banning the app from Indian market will not go well with the users. But one has to follow the rule of the land.
https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...dia-ceo-comes-down-india-address-issues-87029
Please share your views.

Gabbar

Credits
I am not even aware that it can be banned but trust me, I'll be the happiest person to see it banned as I never see anyone using it for the right person and it has just become a place to spam others with unnecessary messages and media.

arunima25

Credits
I am not even aware that it can be banned but trust me, I'll be the happiest person to see it banned as I never see anyone using it for the right person and it has just become a place to spam others with unnecessary messages and media.
It has become a good platform to spread fake news. It was warned earlier too after the lynching and mob incident. But this time they have been asked to set up a local office in India if they want to operate and also to go by the laws and regulations of taxes and payment. I think government has done a good thing. They have to follow the rules to operate.

Gabbar

Credits
@arunima25 I totally agree with you and I feel Whatsapp is of no use to anyone and its just used for wrong purposes like you mentioned that its used for spreading fake news. I never liked it and prefer Facebook over it.

chameli

Credits
I heard about the fake news being circulated via whatsapp which caused the trouble for the social media app. When someone misuses a social media app it is not the mistake of the app itself, it is the wrong committed by the user. It is not good to penalize whatsapp for the thing that was not done by it.

Gabbar

Credits
I think all apps and social networking websites should have some strict filters which can help in filtering the wrong things, at least it can help some what.

Kei

Credits
Everything good has got a bad side and I suppose that is one of social media's. Why should the blame be solely on the app rather than the people using it to perpetrate bad as well. It is also the fault of the people and I think not just the company but also the perpetrators should face the penalty.

a_jerobon

Credits
I agree with you. Whatsapp has become a platform for scamming people. We have experienced this so much in my country. Moreover, most fake news are easily spread through WhatsApp.

Kei

Credits
I have always said that people can recognize improper content when they see one. why not let it die with you? As much as there needs to be measures set aside, users also need to learn discipline.

A K Rao

Credits
Yes, I too have heard about it! Yes, with increasing misuse of this site, this is a good move taken up by Government of India. This is not only used to spread the rumours but also used to spread the violence in the society at the time of Crisis!

Gabbar

Credits
I think all social networking apps and websites face some complaints and Facebook isn't that secure and many have already left Facebook due to privacy issues.

moh254

Credits
Does this mean that you guys cannot access WhatsApp at the moment? And what do you think is the driving force behind the ban of WhatsApp in India. Maybe my country will be the next, I need to know.

Gabbar

Credits
Does this mean that you guys cannot access WhatsApp at the moment? And what do you think is the driving force behind the ban of WhatsApp in India. Maybe my country will be the next, I need to know.
No, there is no issues, all are able to access and I didn't even heard any news or update which says it's in trouble or not.

aanya

Credits
A good side of this thing is that telegram will be used widely which will add to the Indian GDP.. In China also, whatsapp is used by very few

Jaspreet

Credits
@arunima25 I totally agree with you and I feel Whatsapp is of no use to anyone and its just used for wrong purposes like you mentioned that its used for spreading fake news. I never liked it and prefer Facebook over it.
Didn't see any issues with WhatsApp. It's still working and users are spamming each other.

Gabbar

Credits
You need to see that and with that you can make long distance voice and video calls for free and can stay in touch with all your friends.