The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Which e-commerce script is good for beginners?

Kehsiba

Credits
Currently, I am using WordPress for E-commerce stores and I had made two sites using a Woocommerce plugin. Though few of them are suggesting to use Prestashop script. I don't much about these things.

I am comfortable with Wordpress now.

What is the difference between WordPress store and Stand still store from dedicated scripts?

Are they differ in functions

Credits
Currently, I am using WordPress for E-commerce stores and I had made two sites using a Woocommerce plugin. Though few of them are suggesting to use Prestashop script. I don't much about these things.

I am comfortable with Wordpress now.

What is the difference between WordPress store and Stand still store from dedicated scripts?

Are they differ in functions
If you are looking to avoid monthly fees, then you certainly can go with Woocommerce/Wordpress as they appear to be very reliable, and it really depends on what scripts you are talking about. You can buy e-commerce scripts, however, some of the ones we have been doing research on appears to be outdated, and you certainly want to run something that gets updated on a regular basis, because if your e-commerce vendor no long provides updates, then you may need to outsource, and then find someone on upwork that has enough skills in order to fix problems, and out of date scripts may require more fix updates, and this is just to keep the script in working order, and does not include any new e-commerce features within the script that is outdated.

You can also go with something like Magento, however, when you go with these free e-commerce platforms, then you will have to find multiple sources that can provide design, features, and you also have to keep Magento, woo-commerce, Wordpress updated, however, this should not be a problem since DGs blog is updated once releases come out, and when working with others, it is better to work with just one or two vendors as your main goal is keeping your site up, and making money.

chameli

Credits
There are a lot of ecommerce scripts, however, use the one that is easy to understand and easy to use. If you are just starting out I think wordpress with woocommetce plugin is the best option. Wordpress is easy to use content management system and woocommerce is easy to use ecommerce solution for wordpress website.

johnywalker

Credits
I do not have any experience with running an ecommerce site, however, starting an ecommerce site is in my mind. I am not a technical kind of person, I know nothing of programing. If I want to try proper ecommerce script, I will need coding skills. That's why I am thinking about using wordpress for my ecommerce site. There is a lot of customization required, and it you are not sure about it, shopify can be a better alternative.

chameli

Credits
If you are looking to avoid monthly fees, then you certainly can go with Woocommerce/Wordpress as they appear to be very reliable, and it really depends on what scripts you are talking about. You can buy e-commerce scripts, however, some of the ones we have been doing research on appears to be outdated, and you certainly want to run something that gets updated on a regular basis, because if your e-commerce vendor no long provides updates, then you may need to outsource, and then find someone on upwork that has enough skills in order to fix problems, and out of date scripts may require more fix updates, and this is just to keep the script in working order, and does not include any new e-commerce features within the script that is outdated.

You can also go with something like Magento, however, when you go with these free e-commerce platforms, then you will have to find multiple sources that can provide design, features, and you also have to keep Magento, woo-commerce, Wordpress updated, however, this should not be a problem since DGs blog is updated once releases come out, and when working with others, it is better to work with just one or two vendors as your main goal is keeping your site up, and making money.
You can use a proper ecommerce script like Magento, PrestaShop or even use CMS like Drupal. Joomla and buold ecommerce site. However, the main problem associated with using these programs is you need developer skills. If you do not have any programing knowledge, you will not be able to use these content management system. Therefore, the idea one is wordpress, which does not require any experience or skills