The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Which one is better: one website with multiple subdomains, or multiple websites

johnywalker

Credits
If you have interest in various niches, you want feel a necessity of creating blogs in various niches. You can create subdomains for each niche, or create different website on every niche. IN terms of search engine ranking, search engine optimization, generating traffic and revenue, which one is more beneficial, a single website with multiple subdomains or websites in multiple niches?

Kehsiba

Credits
According to Google's algorithm, websites with Sub-domain rank sooner when compared to the website's with multiniche. Though backlinks also play a major role.

Credits
Getting a website with multiple sub domains looks better since one can write on different things leaving room for all and sundry to read and use the website. I don't thing it wise to just focus on only one domain on a site.

chameli

Credits
I have one website. It is a blog on parenting niche with a focus on fatherhood. I cannot imagine to create subdomains for my blog even though my host allows me to have subdomains. I have a full time job, therefore I don't have time to manage multiple webstes even if I wanted to create few more websites. I think the best practice is choose a niche and focus on publishing on that niche.

kattech

Credits
Neither a single website with multiple sub-domains nor multiple websites works for me. A single website with multiple niche categories is my favorite. This gives you pace to do all edits and updates in a single interface as opposed to logging into different sites or even sub domains. Remember, not all sites will rank the same. Additionally, the resources you spend on each site may be limited.

johnywalker

Credits
Neither a single website with multiple sub-domains nor multiple websites works for me. A single website with multiple niche categories is my favorite. This gives you pace to do all edits and updates in a single interface as opposed to logging into different sites or even sub domains. Remember, not all sites will rank the same. Additionally, the resources you spend on each site may be limited.
Even though I do not own multiple websites or blog on multiple niches, I understand the problem associated with owning multiple websites and ease with blogging on multiple niches from one website. If you are publishing on multiple niche, do you prefer to have a subdomain for each niche or publish everything on the primary domain?