The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 106 more

Who is your Role Model in Business? Why?

NoviceNinja

Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
role-model.jpg

My role model when it comes to business is no other than my DAD. He was not born rich, never graduated from a prestigious school and had a regular job during his prime. He started his venture into a business when his company offered him a decent package in exchange for retirement.

He accepted the offer and rested for a while, maybe a month. Then he started his wholesale grocery store at a public market near from where we live. At first, the business was not going well, tough competition lurks every day, but my father never lost hope. He continued to sell goods even without returning much profit for two years.

Our business boomed after that, he was recognized by most of his buyers as a man who cares and not just someone who wanted to make a sale. He concerns himself with the well-being of everyone he talks to, and as a result, people around him trusted him wholeheartedly.

As time passed a lot of things improved (we offered deliveries, hired employees) but my dad never changed. He was still the same guy despite of being successful, and that's what I utterly admired about him. He was not a genius nor unique but is so HARDWORKING. He always treats his workers not as employees but as a family. He always looks back to the time when he was still starting out and treats every day as his first day. That was one of the significant lessons I learned from him not only in business but also in life. Be hardworking when the going gets tough, never give up, to always be humble and keep your feet on the ground. Who I am now is because of him, I owe him everything. I miss him a lot, I know he is now happy in heaven.

How about you guys? Who do you look up to when it comes to business? Please kindly share, thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KellyGeo

Credits
In my country Nigeria, there is one business man who stood out in a unique way above all his competitors in the country, his name is Aliko Dangote. He is the owner of Dangote Group of Company which specializes in different kinds of business projects both in Nigeria and other African countries. He has a cement producing plant, he is into oil refinery, flour products, etc. Aliko Dangote's net worth is above $14 billion USD. When I'm looking at any businessman who is a worthy of being a great model to, it's only Aliko Dangote that comes to mind.

NoviceNinja

Credits
In my country Nigeria, there is one business man who stood out in a unique way above all his competitors in the country, his name is Aliko Dangote. He is the owner of Dangote Group of Company which specializes in different kinds of business projects both in Nigeria and other African countries. He has a cement producing plant, he is into oil refinery, flour products, etc. Aliko Dangote's net worth is above $14 billion USD. When I'm looking at any businessman who is a worthy of being a great model to, it's only Aliko Dangote that comes to mind.
Is he Nigeria's richest person? I guess so. Forgive me for the asking, but aside from him being a billionaire, what are his characteristics or traits that make him stand out among other people in business?

KellyGeo

Credits
Is he Nigeria's richest person? I guess so. Forgive me for the asking, but aside from him being a billionaire, what are his characteristics or traits that make him stand out among other people in business?
There are no other business entities in the country that is close to him, he is well above all the competition in the African Sub-Saharan region. Well, as I'm not close to him, so I wouldn't know much about his innate traits but I can think of a few things that made him stand out among all the others and it's his ability to recognize a business opportunity and taking it with both hands. Remember he had the financial strength to take on any kind of investment he sees to be feasible.

Credits
What has he done for people around him? There is a clear difference between a businessman and a role model, just because he is a businessman does not mean he is a role model for others. Does he help people get started in business? Does he hold business seminars where he teaches people out to get started in his niche? If not, then he is not a role-model, he is nothing more then a businessman making money for himself.

KellyGeo

Credits
What has he done for people around him? There is a clear difference between a businessman and a role model, just because he is a businessman does not mean he is a role model for others. Does he help people get started in business? Does he hold business seminars where he teaches people out to get started in his niche? If not, then he is not a role-model, he is nothing more then a businessman making money for himself.
Aliko Dangote have provided several job opportunities for the people of his country and other African countries. In fact, for the record, he is more valued than the federal government because he offers better opportunities to earn good living for the people unlike the federal government that only makes job provision that would get the people killed. The federal government only job creation strategy is recruitment into the military to send troops to the crisis ridden part of country under siege by Boko Haram.

NoviceNinja

Credits
Aliko Dangote have provided several job opportunities for the people of his country and other African countries. In fact, for the record, he is more valued than the federal government because he offers better opportunities to earn good living for the people unlike the federal government that only makes job provision that would get the people killed. The federal government only job creation strategy is recruitment into the military to send troops to the crisis ridden part of country under siege by Boko Haram.
I see, when someone is valued more than the government, then that makes him special. And with that massive empire that he has, I am sure he changed a lot of African lives for the better. How about you @DGStaff Who do you look up to in business?

Heatman

Credits
Aliko Dangote is one of the greatest business man that the African countries have ever seen, in fact he would be considered the number one of them all in the business world. I still follow reports on how he operates with this company in Nigeria and from what I have learned so far, he has been a savior for the people in terms of creating employment opportunities for the general public without discrimination among all the tribes that filled the country. Aliko Dangote is indeed a great role model for anyone looking to succeed in the business realm.

D

Deleted member 62

Yea, Aliko Dangote is my source of inspiration all day,he came from nowhere to become the great businessman that he is, Another one is this simple lady but very good when it comes to business Mrs Alakija. Another very powerful businesswoman that has made my country proud.I'm trying to put mine together though.

chameli

Credits
I am not a business woman, I am a simple job holder. I do no have any plas to initiate a big business and become billionaire or something. I am a teacher in my real life and the highest position I can think of is the headmaster of the school. I also work online, I do not have any online business yet, however, I might start selling soon. When I think of internet business I think about the people who created whatsapp, snapchat, facebook, twitter etc.