The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

why is dot io domain trending?

johnywalker

Credits
If you take a notice of the domain extensions, you will be surprised to find that people and businesses are using dot io domain more than anything else. Dot com is the king com, it cost around $10 to register, however, dot io cost around $35 to register. Despite being expensive, io is one of the most preferred new domain top level domains.

Kehsiba

Credits
I am also still searching answer for this. But according to Google's ranking algorithm Domain extension have no effect on ranking. I have seen some .info, .org ranking on google.

Credits
If you take a notice of the domain extensions, you will be surprised to find that people and businesses are using dot io domain more than anything else. Dot com is the king com, it cost around $10 to register, however, dot io cost around $35 to register. Despite being expensive, io is one of the most preferred new domain top level domains.
I have not been following IO Domains, so I don't know, however, dot.com domains are the most popular, and from what @DigitalGlobal told me, he paid low six figures for DigitalGlobal.com, and domains like this are very rare, and when you simply can not find a dot.com then you need to find other sources, and If I am not mistaken, isn't the IO domain UK?

Even though a dot.com would be most popular, it still does not give you an advantage if you do not market and promote your domain, and I do think not having a proper, well-liked domain can have a negative effect on SEO, and not it is not because Google dislikes your choice, it would because of visitors. If your visitors dislike your domain name or don't like your site, then they may not be compelled to come back to your site over, and over again, and that is why your domain name should be right the first time around, and in this case, branding really does matter if you want to lower your ROI, and want visitors to keep coming back.

Other then that, Google does not care which domain extension you get, but you are the one that has to live with your decision of marketing and promoting your domain, and if you made the wrong decision, then this can affect everything.

Kehsiba

Credits
I have not been following IO Domains, so I don't know, however, dot.com domains are the most popular, and from what @DigitalGlobal told me, he paid low six figures for DigitalGlobal.com, and domains like this are very rare, and when you simply can not find a dot.com then you need to find other sources, and If I am not mistaken, isn't the IO domain UK?

Even though a dot.com would be most popular, it still does not give you an advantage if you do not market and promote your domain, and I do think not having a proper, well-liked domain can have a negative effect on SEO, and not it is not because Google dislikes your choice, it would because of visitors. If your visitors dislike your domain name or don't like your site, then they may not be compelled to come back to your site over, and over again, and that is why your domain name should be right the first time around, and in this case, branding really does matter if you want to lower your ROI, and want visitors to keep coming back.

Other then that, Google does not care which domain extension you get, but you are the one that has to live with your decision of marketing and promoting your domain, and if you made the wrong decision, then this can affect everything.
I can't understand. Are you saying that you have invested six figures on this domain name? Are you sure on returning this investment only from this forum?

johnywalker

Credits
The dot io domain stands for British Indian Ocean territory. It is more trending dot uk domain. We see a lot of crypto currency related website using dor io domain.